The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kung Fu Panda: Rise of the Hollow

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Makoto stepped forward, nodding.
"I agree.  I too will join the others in defending Gongmen City.  After all, if those things take the city, then we won't be able to do much against them."
He said, grinning a little...

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Shifu nodded, smiling at Makoto now. "Very good. I'm sorry about your training... but we can train you en route, if you're still looking to receive it." he said apologetically. He cleared his throat, and stepped forward so his disciples could hear him now.

"Your attention!" he said, his voice raised. "Gongmen City may be under threat from these demons! Lord Shen has told us about his reasoning behind it, and I concur. I want you to go to Gongmen City and stop these demons! The city must not fall!" he pointed his staff in the general direction of the city. "You will take Lord Shen with you, as well as Tai Lung."

Viper seemed uncertain at this, her eyes widening and he jaw falling open.

"I expect you all to accomplish this assignment." he nodded, his eyes lingering on Lord Shen for a moment, the peacock wrinkling his face in confusion. "Remember... anything is possible with inner peace." he said more sternly.

There it was again... inner peace... blasted concept. Shen dug his steel talons through the dirt and looked down.

"Make your preparations to leave... there isn't much time to lose!" Shifu concluded, and Master Viper bowed respectfully.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Makoto smiled, bowing to Shifu respectfully.
"Your kindness truly is as impressive as the tales say, Master.  I do believe that the training can be put off until this threat is stopped."
He chuckled, slinging the hood of his outfit up again as he stood.
"After all, it wouldn't do anyone much good were harm to befall this place."
He added, as Tai Lung chuckled.  
"It will be good to work with you all.  If you will excuse me for a moment, there is something I must retrieve."
He said, making his way towards the doors of the Palace...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Oh, are all of you going off somewhere?  Perhaps I can go along to help in some way." Chaka said, having heard the latter part of the conversation since he had guessed this room wasn't a private one and had walked over in the direction of the conversation he was hearing.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Shen watched Tai Lung head for the palace, wondering just what he was going to retrieve.

Shifu dipped his head in Makoto's direction. "Thank you, and your presence will be most welcome."

"As will the eagle's." Viper said, slithering forward now. "From the sounds of it, we'll need all the help we can get, so you are more than welcome to join us. I wonder if we'll sail into the city, like last time?" she mused aloud.

"It would be recommended." Shen spoke up now. "So long as the city itself is safe, sailing won't be a problem." he pointed out.

"Very good, I'm glad we'll have such a group accompanying my students. Lord Shen and Tai Lung are formidable warriors, and I'm sure Makoto and the eagle can lend their abilities as well. Makoto has first-hand knowledge of these creatures, after all." Shifu stated, looking back at the feline now.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
lets get going them guys ' Po said as  tigeress sighed. ' just try to keep composed po. remember what happened in the market last week? ' i really dont remember..' you smashed about 50 carts in order to get the mr wu's curiosity shop because there was a new collection of furioyus five figures out? tigeress re,inded him.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Any sort of preparation or information that we should know before we get there?" Chaka asked as he looked at those present.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Shen stepped forward, clearing his throat. "Well from what I know, they CAN be defeated, but they are very formidable once they have inhabited a body. This cheetah seems to know more about them than I do, however." Shen said, motioning with a wing to Makoto. "We must tread cautiously in their presence. What they do is unnatural, after all, and they require great exertion to overcome in combat. You will need to be in top form when facing them." the white peacock explained.

"As for preparations... take any weapons you have... you'll need them." Shen continued. "We'll most likely be traveling by water part of the way. So it's best to let us know now if you get seasick easily." he commented, more muttering that last part.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"So are we just aiming to stun the bodies they are inhabiting?" Chaka asked.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"If they're living yes... though honestly I don't care." Shen commented, getting a look shot at him from Shifu, before he sighed, rolled his eyes, and tried again. "Yes... if they're a living body, stun them. If it's a cadaver well... that's something unnatural, and should be returned to the grave, as far as I'm concerned." For some reason, saying this made Shen think of his parents, and how they were when he'd seen them last.

He frowned... his parents... they were buried inside the city... and seeing them was the LAST thing in the world he wanted right now. He couldn't let those creatures infest their bodies. "So yes." he spoke again. "Non-lethal force for the living, lethal for the already deceased." he explained.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I guess we better get ready and meet up somewhere before we head out then." Walker said looking at those present, "Since I guess some of you may want to get certain items."

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Shen nodded and stated plainly, "I have all I need. My weapons are all on me, after all. We're just waiting on Tai Lung to retrieve whatever it is he's after then we'll depart."

"I'm ready as well. I don't use weapons." Viper commented. "Wow... I didn't think we'd be returning to Gongmen City so soon though. Seems like only yesterday we were stopping you, and preserving peace in the city." she nodded at Shen, who "hmphed."

"Yes, well now you're going to be saving it again." the peacock said coldly. "But NOT from me..."

"Unless you decide to turn on us." Viper stated.

"How absurd! You forget I lost my army when the panda destroyed my fleet!" Shen replied defiantly, turning his head up. "I wouldn't be much of a threat to you with just myself."

'Now, now..." Shifu said in calming tones. "Lord Shen seeks inner peace, just as I did, and just as Po found as well on his journey. Inner fighting will only divide and weaken, as opposed to strengthen and enhance." the red panda said sagely. "Learn to harmonize... or learn to die. There will be no alternatives here." he added more seriously now.

Viper gulped, bowed her head apologetically, and closed her eyes. "Yes... of course, Master. I meant no disrespect."

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Tai Lung stepped out of the Palace, now wearing a set of dark purple pants, and a new, clean, black sash, with a leather pauldron over his left shoulder, and a nine-ringed sword.  
"I'm now ready to go.  I apologize that it took me so long to be ready, but I had to find these.  I had forgotten where I had put them."
He chuckled, as Makoto shook his head.  
"Those who are taken by the Youkai cannot be saved.  It would be advised that we take along arms, or at least those that use them do.  But all the same, we must also take precautions.  There may be some who are not Youkai, and merely afraid."
He said calmly, a strange calm on his face....

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Wait..." Shen blinked, looking over at Makoto with concern. "Those taken... CAN'T be saved? Are you sure?" he asked worriedly, thinking of the Soothsayer. "What if it was... what if it was someone close to you? Are you saying there's NO hope?" he asked, gulping.

Shifu smiled at his former pupil, Tai Lung, and nodded approvingly of his garb.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Are you sure there is no way to free them?" Walker asked.  

"As for equipment I have everything I own on me."  He said.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Makoto paused, shaking his head.
"You may have a point.  Perhaps there is a way to save them.  However, it may require more power than I possess.  Heaven knows if there is.  I will agree to use only nonlethal force."
He said coolly...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Shen sighed. "Oh good!" he stated now. "I refuse to believe that a loved one, if possessed... couldn't be reached somehow." he stated. Ugh... had he really just said loved one? Oh well... whatever.

"You know..." Shen spoke to Makoto as they departed the Jade Palace now, the entire group moving off as one. "Have you heard of Youdu?" the peacock asked. "The underworld, Hell, whatever you want to call it. Is that where these Youdai come from?" he queried now.

"Good luck, Tai Lung. I hope to see you soon. I wouldn't want to lose you after regaining you." Shifu said respectfully, bowing to him to wish him well on his travels.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Makoto nodded, placing a hand on his chin contemplatively.
"You may be right.  'Twould explain their odd powers, most certainly.  And if they are truly from the underworld...well, then we must be sure to stop them."
He said, placing a hand on the peacock's shoulder.
"It is good to have you with us.  I look forward to fighting alongside you.  You as well, Sir Wolf."
He said calmly.  Behind them, Tai Lung bowed to Shifu.
"I promise I will return, master.  I wish to continue training under you, and to do my part to aid the valley once more."
He said, smiling at his mentor...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Shen wasn't used to this "touchy-feely" stuff, but he had to admit... being counted on... relied upon by others when he hadn't forced respect out of them... it felt... kind of good. "Well... I'll do my best." he said, nodding.

"What will you do when this is all over?" Shen asked. "Your entire home was destroyed after all... nothing remains... how can one live like that?" he asked, but not in a mocking tone... more... curious.

Shifu nodded, and offered one final smile as the party departed.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Makes sense to me that somehow the possession could be undone.  Though I do not have any knowledge of how to do so.  Perhaps some tale has the knowledge, or a scroll or book somewhere." Walker said.