The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kung Fu Panda: Rise of the Hollow

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"If such a book or scroll did exist..." Shen muttered, thinking this through now, "There would be only a few places I could think of it existing... but the biggest would be the Imperial Library in Kaifeng." the peacock commented. "That's a bit out of our way though." The Imperial capital was in the north of China, and Gongmen City was in the south. "Besides... I'm not sure the Emperor would be so... enthusiastic to see me." Shen susurrated. "Seeing as I how I was looking to overthrow all of China, I'm probably a wanted criminal."

He thought of something now, and perked up. "But maybe my nan- er... the soothsayer I'm acquainted with knows something!" he declared now. "She's quite good at reading the future after all, and divining things just by simply observing situations. She might be able to tell us!"

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
tigeress and po moved with the group, both quiet and focused on the mission ahead of them..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Does she live far from here, or along the way.  It may be good to consult her if possible." Chaka said.  He knew some soothsayers were fake, either con people or well meaning, but he had experienced and knew some were real soothsayers.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"She lives in Gongmen City. Well... on the outskirts now I guess. In the ruins of the panda village." Shen said softly. The very village he'd razed to the ground; Po's birthplace. "We can find her there. We need a ship, first though... and have to reach the sea. We have to cross some mountains before that. Almost makes me wish I could actually fly." he murmured.

"Well, we traveled this way before and made it!" Viper exclaimed. "We can do it again!"

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Is there a cave that goes through the mountain?" Chaka asked.  "That would shorten the trip.  If not then we may have to just go over or around the mountains.  I guess you folks now the way there well?  Don't want to get lost." He said.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Shen paused, thinking on this now. "There IS... a cave... that goes under the mountains." the peacock nodded here. "It's a shorter journey... but it's dangerous, from what I hear. It's not commonly used... and they say things lurk within its depths, though I've never been down there myself." he commented. "If you want to take that road, so be it. But we need to be on our guard." he cautioned.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Makoto nodded, running a hand through his hair.
"Right...a cave...that could be a problem.  Though, I suppose with some care and precaution, we should be fine."
He said calmly, shaking his head.  Behind them, Boss Wolf's ears drooped, and he shook a little.
"God....those caves give me the creeps..."
He whimpered...

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Shen looked over his shoulder at the Boss Wolf. "The creeps?" he asked, scoffing, and then softened. "Mmmm you're right I suppose. My nan... er... the Soothsayer used to tell me stories about this cave... I always assumed it was to scare me growing up. But what if they're true?" he asked aloud. "A-anyway, come! This way!" he motioned with his wing, diverting their course now towards a particularly tall mountain in the distance.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Any information on what dangers we may be facing in the cave?" Chaka asked as he looked at the ones who seemed to have some knowledge of the cave or system.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well, according to the stories I've been told, there are some form of yaoguai or demons dwelling in the caves. According to the Soothsayer, they hunger for the flesh of those with great power or..." Shen paused here, thinking. "Noble blood. It almost sounds like the stories were just meant to scare me as a young peachick, so I don't really know if they're true or not. But anyway, according to her, these yaoguai are also capable of magic that can bewitch the senses and befuddle the mind. If that fails, they turn vicious, attacking intruders to obtain what they desire."

"Sounds like hogwash to me." Mantis murmured.

"Perhaps... thing is, I just don't know." the white peacock shrugged here.

"Is that the cave?" Viper asked, pointing with her tail to an archway that appeared at the base of the mountains ahead of them.

Shen nodded. "I do believe so. An ancient highway used for transport that's since fallen into disuse... yes, I believe that's it." he confirmed.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Let's hope it's not to dark, or does someone have a torch or lamp, or excellent night vision perhaps." Chaka said as he looked at the cave, "Also best be ready, wither those stories are true or not, there may still be a dangerous animal that lives in the cave.  Or more then one."

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"I can mostly see in dark places." Viper spoke up now.

"Well good for you." Shen murmured. "Yes... best make a torch or something. We need our path lit, after all. Any volunteers to carry it?" he asked, looking around at the group with narrowed eyes. "Because I'm certainly not going to risk catching my robes on fire!" he snorted.

(runner up)
(runner up)

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
A figure sat inside the cave, simply waiting. He didn't know what he was waiting for, or who in fact, but he knew he had to wait. He'd been inside this cave for nearly seven months now, and while he obviously knew the way out, something compelled him to stay. For this purpose the figure inside sat in the darkest corners he could find, to keep himself concealed if whatever he was waiting for turned hostile. As he took another drink from his make shift bowl he sighed. "Waiting is easy." he said aloud to himself. "But not knowing what is to come, that is perplexing." He then finished his drink and returned to his meditative state to wait for what would be to come.

~~~~~~

Master Monkey chuckled. "Oh come now, who's afraid of a cave. After all it is just a hole in the ground." He took a step forward and waved the others along. Being a kung-fu master, though he felt something was indeed different inside this cave, and while he still held his smile he was on edge, not sure what to expect.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"You can use what I have on to make a torch.  Would not be the first time I'd had nothing to wear, and it won't be the last." Chaka said in a matter of fact tone of voice.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Good idea." Shen murmured, and allowed Walker's garb to be turned into a torch. The torch was given to Tigress, as she was one of the tallest. They proceeded to follow Monkey now into the cave. "It's not the hole in the ground that worries me." the peacock muttered. "It's what lives within the hole in the ground."

Viper slithered beside Monkey now, ready for anything. "I guess if we start seeing strange things... we know we're being hunted." she said, going off what Shen had described. "We can get through this though... no matter what happens." she said confidently.

The corridor began to dip a bit as the path descended, their first hundred feet relatively level, but now they were heading down... deeper into the depths.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"& those who usually hunt can become the hunted.  So be confident and not fearful." Chaka said as he adjusted his hat a bit and looked around the area.   "One may need to use senses other then sight in places such as this."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Tai Lung stood near the front of the group, glancing around the cave as they descended.
"This cave... it feels strange somehow.  Like there's someone in here besides us..."
He muttered softly, as Boss Wolf took the rear of the group along with Makoto...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The figure could hear voices, several in fact, like a massive group. It surprised him to hear so many at once. He took a deep breath not sure what to expect. He picked up his walking stick and stepped out of the shadows and confronted the group as a whole. At first he said nothing, not being sure what he could say. He simply choose to look the group over and hope they would ask a few questions.

Monkey was startled for a moment. And in his moment of shock he took a fighting stance and was ineed the first to throw out a question. "Who are you?! A monster?" he asked genuinely

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Shen had to admit, Walker's advice was sound. But he didn't really have time to contemplate it before someone... or something stepped out of the shadows. "It seems your suspicions were correct." the peacock mumbled to Tai Lung, his guandao flashing into sight now.

As he squinted in the darkness, he could see it wasn't really a monster. Frowning, he stepped forward. "It's no monsters it's a... toad or... frog or something." Shen stated. "Who are you?" he asked, his guandao not lowering.

(runner up)
(runner up)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The toad now realizing that these new comers were not going to immediately attack him, he allowed himself to take a relaxing breath to calm himself. Despite the guandao literally sitting an inch from his nose the figure grinned as if meeting an old friend. "I would be honored to tell you all who I am. My name is Huang Yu. Nice to make your acquaintance." he commented with a calm but heavy voice.

Monkey lowered his stance and chuckled. "See... told you all, nothing to be afraid of."