The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5628 · 287010

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Hapsburg laughed as his double-barrel shotgun uselessly clattered to the floor. "Little do you know, I've got a backup!" he pointed to the single-barrel shotgun draped across his back. "But I don't think I even need it! I'll kill you the old-fashioned way, by simply caving your wrinkly skull in with my armored fists!"

He charged directly towards the wizard, squaring up like a Brooklyn street fighter, and swung defiantly for Chong's throat with a whoop.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
this is a MAGIC shield Haspsburg, you cant break it with your fists ' chong said blocking Hapsburgs punch by moving his shield around ' you can stand there and punch at me, all you like, for hours on end if you like. And you wont get anywhere. I can take my time sipping a cup of tea with one hand, while holding you off with the other. Benefits of being a wizard. "
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Hapsburg grinned. "Oh yeah?" he taunted.

And then the grenade that he'd rolled along the floor exploded at Chong's feet. "You took your eye off the prize, you old coot!" he laughed. "You shielded against the wrong target! We New Yorkers have ways of drawing people's attention!"

Drawing his shotgun, he emptied six rounds of buckshot at his foe. "Now that you're weakened, your magic shield won't be able to stand up to good old American steel!"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chong was thrown back by the explosion then  focused in a split second as one by one the bullets impacted against his shield. the shield solidified just as the bullets made impacts. the bullets impacting the shield was like impacting a thick pabne of the glass, the impact sent a pan web of cracks around, widened by the next one and the one after that. the shield broke off piece by piece, with the last bullet shattering the shield. the 6 bullet slugs cluttered to the ground at Chongs feet.  the explosion had ripped off pieces of chongs coat and pants, and now Hapsburg had his full attention. " You know what, doctor? the last time someone was this openly disrespectful of me, was Nick when he snuck aboard my ship and challenged me to a sword duel. And surprisingly, acquitted himself well, before  his master popped in and trashed my entire ship!' chong said. He gestured and created a fresh shield around him. "Lets see how long your ammo can last, shall we?"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"You're looking a bit haggard, geezer, is this getting too much for you?" Hapsburg grinned. "I'm carrying enough ammo for two shotguns, if your brilliant plan is to try and outlast me, you'll be sorely disappointed! You're too pathetic to even fight back, you can only hide behind your fading shields like a sniveling dog!"

He fired again, but this time he didn't aim at Chong, but the ceiling light. "Do you have a spell to help you see in the dark? I certainly hope so!" he taunted, dropping a light green grenade that quickly filled the room with smoke. "My goggles come with infrared vision, so I can still target your pale ass, but you won't be able to see where my grenades and bullets are coming from!" He threw another grenade, aiming for the space above Chong's head, and started firing salvos of buckshot at Chong's feet. "Speaking of which, there are a few of each headed your way, I hope you choose the right place to stick your shield!"
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 11:52:00 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chong focused and threw up a large ice shield around him that reached up to the ceiling, effectively cutting the room in two. Sendar! he commanded begining to fire lightning bolts towards Hapburg. the lightning reflected against the gas lighting up the room for breif bursts. " you'd better run doctor cxhong said throwing lightning balls at him ' The grenade explodede sending shards of ice around the room. smoke, hung in the air, cleared out slightly by chongs lightning bolts. True to his Word, it was hard for Chjong to see and he was growing tired of this little game " if you have so much ammo doctor, why not use it? surely you know that you only have one chance at this. "
_ Uh Guys? Po called out from the corner where he , Panda King and lucia had been pushed. " Couldnt you guys you know, move us to the Operating Room? I think I have a rash on my leg that needs tending, and a burn on my arm from overcooking Tigeress' noodles. Oww!" a bolt from chong hit the gurnrey he was strapped to, shocking him.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
But Hapsburg didn't dodge. Looking Chong straight in the eye, he dropped his weapons and pulled his chestplate aside, exposing his breast so the lightning bolts hit him in the throat and chest. "Yes..." he breathed, staggering backwards. "I...baited an attack out of you..."

He staggered backwards. "You...fool..." he grinned in the lightning's light as the smoke cleared. "I lied about having magic-resistant armor. And I blasted myself with my own grenades...just to weaken myself so your hit would be fatal." He coughed up blood and collapsed fully, unable to hold himself up. "I never expected to beat you...I knew that was impossible. But I'm secretly a member of Stripetail's crew...and he'll know that you killed me."

His organs were failing fast but he looked Chong straight in the eyes until the moment he died. "You can't hide behind your little gladiator pit now. Stripetail knows you murdered one of his friends...and now he's coming for you."
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 07:57:05 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
chong strode up to the dying hapsburg ' you  think i dont already know the wizard is after me? the bastards chased me across the very cosmos, never giving me more than a few days peace. " chong said . " so you were working for that miserable furball?" he grabbed hapsburg by the throat and pulled him to his knees so chong could glare at him. "You blew your cover needlessly. Now because of your big mouth Hapsburg,  I'm going to go through every staff member in this space station, and if i find anyone else who works for HIM, they will all go into the arena UNARMED" Chong hissed. " So, you just signed the death warrants for any and all  of your friends working undercover. " Chong slapped hapsburg directly across the face. " furthermore, I happen to know a guy who is very skilled at raising the dead. So if You think You're going to cross over ,  with a measure of vengeance achieved.. Think again. He can bring you back again and again and again. So once again, doctor, you didn't think this through. ANY of it through. You had it made, a good salary, all the bodies you could autopsy, all the amputations you wanted, even clearance to use the  level 4 room for doctors conferences. But no, you had to barge here and try and slit my throat."
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 12:40:18 AM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Hapsburg's corpse jiggled lifelessly in Chong's arms as he shook it. If he wanted Dr. Hapsburg back, he'd have to get dark magic involved.

---------------------------------

In her office, Mercy peacefully tended to the wounded. Hapsburg had openly revealed her name to Chong, exposing her as a traitor, but she had no way of knowing that.

---------------------------------

Lucia started crying as the terror of the events that just transpired finally became too much for her. "Please just let me go!" she cried. "I'm not involved in any of this! I just wanted to go to space!"
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 01:02:06 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 Chong let hapsburgs body drop to the floor and turned to the panicking lucia. ' your friend should have shown more sense, my child' he sighed as he examined the room which was covered in broken glass and bullet slugs and casings. " You'll be working  with Po as his  fight director  and share a containment cell together. You will monitor him from the cell in the monitoring station. You  can request drinks, food and reading materials, plus you get a quarter of his winnings.  " he said as he pressed a button and guards entered a few seconds later. " take Po, Lucia and Panda king to their containment cells.' Chong said. "Lucia and Po are going to be  in .. ' he checked a monitor. ' level 4, cell 76500" panda kings is going to be on  level 5, cell 92006"  what about the body sir" the second guard said ' a revival subject for his lordship and another ' volunteer' for my 'gauntlet of Overwhelming Doom'. We'll  also need to run background checks on all staff, this fool blabbed about being in the employment of the seer. i need to make sure no one else is. " Yes sir, that will take some time though, we have a lot of staff as you know. "  the guards said " Just do it as soon as possible. " Chong said
 The guards unstrapped panda king  Po, and lucia from their gurney and told them to walk in front of them. Po took Lucias hand in his paw " just stick by me ' the big panda said softly " we'll be okay, just do what they tell you. "
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 01:17:00 AM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lucia nodded nervously. Hapsburg wasn't her friend and she'd never met him before, but she didn't want to talk and risk Chong getting angry. Glancing at Po, she allowed herself to be led to her cell. "Where's Aimee?" she asked the guards as they locked them up. "I want to see Aimee..."
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 07:49:21 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(Meridian City)

Zachary accessed the citywide information network. He remembered the name and number of one of the officers and the commander.

His eyes widened in shock and his ears pricked up and then splayed to the side as he read out the information on one of the arresting officers: a one "Patrolman Xeetic A'ethra, Badge: 235123527". Patrolman A'ethra had long since retired to Hoolefar. He stifled a gasp as he read the information on Lt. Spaulding. He archived that information. Stripetail and the Meridian City PD had to be informed that Lt. Spaulding, Badge 902325141 was killed over two decades ago during a raid on a suspected pirate vessel. Both pieces of information were sent to Stripetail's tablet via encrypted wireless provided by the Spire.

--------------------

Dr. Zanasiu accepted the wine but did not drink it. "Well Hailey, I continued working in Pelvanida and then I found this ratty cafe out in the desert called the Insane Café. Long story short, I made a bunch of allies and friends there and helped with cleaning up the Shurlup infestation. Then I took a vacation Surf Point and this evil wizard, Chong apparently teamed up with the remnants of Dragonstorm and turned the whole f---ing area into a warzone. Again, I had to help fend off the invasion. And now, I'm traveling aboard a hired starship to help recover a starship that was stolen."

He sighed and swirled his cup. "How about you?"

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Dragonstorm was still floating around? Thought you people murdered them good," Hailey hicupped, taking the wine back if he wasnt going to drink it. "Me, my life hasn't made any goddamn sense since Chong brought me back to life. I've basically been his bitch, doing oddjobs and murdering people here and there." She belched loudly after another hearty swig. "Pay's good, I guess, but what am I supposed to do with money? The universe is gonna end once he finishes his evil plan, so it all feels so pointless."

She let the empty bottle roll to the far side of the cell and flashed James a drunken smile. "Still, I've seen zombie movies and I know the rules for undead thralls. 'Theirs not to reason why' and all. But I got something of a proposition for ya."

She shook her head to clear her mind. "Drank too goddamn much. I'm stressed out of my mind about seeing Aimee again, you see. Anyway, I got direct orders to bring you to Chong. I can't break them, or he'll kill Aimee, who's just been brainwashed into being my girlfriend and I haven't even gotten to kiss her yet so my hands are tied. But he didn't specify the condition in which I needed to bring ya." She held up a thin metal sliver. "You want to go in with a lockpick in your boot? How about I make sure they stick you somewhere near all your captured friends? I can work with you. But in return, you gotta tell me everything you know about Aimee. What changes has she undergone,  what's she been up to since I died? What do I need to know to make her happy even though she's being magically forced to love me against her will?"
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 11:19:25 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Panda King had been in prison before, so he was somewhat experienced with the way the guards were handling him, Po, and the others. He kept on a stern, cold face nevertheless as he was pushed into the cell.

"Do you think the ship has any tech that could counteract the communication blocks?" Jing asked of Tigress. "It would be nice to fight back against their technology," the Panda King's daughter lamented.

At some stands in the Dreadzone, merchandise of "The Scarred One" was becoming more and more popular. Kovu's win/survival record was earning him somewhat of a fanbase, even if this isn't the kind of thing he'd be famous for.

The lion rolled his eyes as he was required to give a signature that could be used for an autograph.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lucia glanced at the cell bars; they were just thin enough that she couldn't slip through them. "Mr. Panda? I don't understand..." she asked softly once the guards had left them alone. "I'm sorry you have to fight in the arena, but they kept saying I had to do something too? There's no way I could help you survive out there. I mean, I've still got this..." she drew her frying pan from her backpack, "but I don't think I could beat any gladiadores with it." she took a couple practise swings, just to be safe.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
you're not going to fight lucia. you are going to be monitoring me, from over here". po said pointing to a large console in the corner ' You can send me messages, recommend moves or weapon use, keep track of how many enemies there are, things like that. It would be a death sentence to send someone like you into the arena, and while this Chong guy isnt a nice guy by any stretch, at least  he found something for you to  do that doesnt involve you fighting out there against  guys who want to split your skull. they told me i'm going to a place called Catacrom Fiour, it must be where they send the newly captured. ' Po said.
_
 no , because doing that would reveal the arenas location.' Utsa said.  any attempt to undermine the blockage will get noticed  and then we get surrounded by security  VERY quuickly and thrown out of the station.  this would end the rescue mission in failure., as dramos would pull support for our group .It would, personally make me look bad to the council, and as a matter of profession integrity i cant tolerate that. the ship, once finised will be large enough to handle all prisoners Chong and Vox have taken.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail receieved the infiormation and his eyes narrowed . ' Quelle Suprise. So this was a scam. ' He muttered.  he didnt care about the few million creds he had paid out to the PD,  they could use the bolts a lot more than he could. " He radioed Sasha ' Sasha some of my group have been captured by agents oif Vox using the IDS of  two former merdian City officers. LT spaulding was killed over 20 years ago and Patrolman ' A' ethera has been long retired. ' Sasha quickly responded ' i will order an immediate and  full investigation Stripetail. We will  find out if there are any more impostors in the meridian City PD. I will also inform the former patrolman that someone stole his ID. We will return any bail money you have paid out  for these false arrests as well Stripetail. '' The moneys not important Sasha, getting my friends back is. I've already had several of them taken, and they are almost certainly being sent across the  Shadow Sector to fight in Vox;s twisted little game. Its also likely that Vox is not done targeting me, or at least my friends.  Theres a whole bunch of reasons why Vox would do this, mostly down to money and opportunity. he doesnt care who fights in his Dreadzone, so long as they fight. Chong, is probably more about vengeance on his enemies." Stripetail sighed.  ill have the PD run down all IDS being used, if any more of them are the IDs of retired or dead PD members, we will hunt them down and arrest them." Sasha promised. " angela and Ratchet are monitoring the feed from Dreadzone, trying to isolate which planets prisoners are being sent to. they've added more planets than the last time around. so its harder to find any particular prisoner."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Okay...well, I'll try to do my best," Lucia frowned. "But I don't really know how to do that either."

The young girl glanced at the Panda King. "We never really got the chance to talk. What's your name? Are you doing all right?" she asked.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm fine child ' Pabda king replied' I'm called panda king, and i have a daughter named Jing king. i had planned that this one ' he pointed to Po" Marry her, but unfortunately that is not going to happen now, what with we both stuck in a gladiator arena. they at least gave me my fireworks to use as weapons. "He said : i'll use them to kill some unfortunate soul"
-
gabuna and tigeress were chatting in the spectator area, as utsa made the call  to the dreadzone staff that they wanted to buy the largest most intact ship in the arena as a memento. the price was relatively reasonable- 35 million bolts, and would be moved out of the arena inbetween fights- the current one having just finished up, with a particularly gruesome decapitation using the blunt end of a space fork.
-
 Flash pulled out some of the toys she had gotten on mawashii and handed them out to mona and PoLilie. ' Luca and arlene were out having dinner with Tiger, Scooby  Agumon and Gabumon.  Luca was going to bring them home some food after the the adults had eaten.

Vushu and Sima were hanging out together , gently teasing each other over the state of their stomachs. " Weight Challenge?' Vushu smirked ' Loser buys winner dinner for the evening. you game?' she smiled.
_
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 10:00:38 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Zachary hastily paid his fare and got out of the taxi. In front of him was the Meridian City PD HQ. Admittedly, it wasn't a very welcoming building with its concrete fences and armed guards, but he paid it no heed.
He stood at the guard house and waited for one of the guards to let him in.
In a few minutes, he was speaking to one of the administrators.
"Well, Zachary, you are a bit late. Due to anomalies we found with the arresting officers, your friend is free to go. Furthermore, you will not need to present that folder as we have the original records; everything is indeed up to date. We will have someone escort you to the holding cells"
"Thank you." Zachary took a seat on a nearby bench.

----------------------
A police officer approached Dr. Zanasiu and Hailey. "Dr. Zanasiu, Hailey, you are both free to go."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.