The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Saurus Rock - Inside or Outside the Great Valley?

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
  • AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB
    • View Profile
This seems to be a debate that’s been going around places where LBT fans chat...and VI is still my favorite movie...so any reason to talk about it :lol  :SmugSpike

I am on the side of “Saurus Rock is outside the Great Valley, but it’s fairly close to the Great Wall” and here’s why:
If I got the screenshots in the correct order, screenshot 1 is Grandpa Longneck climbing the Great Wall...heading out of the Great Valley. And screenshot 2 is Grandpa Longneck at the top of the wall (the part where he was climbing) and looking out at part of the Mysterious Beyond which is right outside the Great Valley.
I’m assuming that what he was climbing was the Great Wall when he and most of the Gang went after Littlefoot in VI

In screenshot 2 there also appear to be stone columns in a canyon in the background that look a lot like what thee Gang used to cross the canyon. All but one of the ones that the Gang used collapsed, so these are probably in another section of the canyon.

Also, in one of the TV series episodes, when Chomper and Ruby are heading towards the Great Valley, they see Saurus Rock...and there’s what looks like a wall behind it...which would probably be the Great Wall. And since these two were still in the Mysterious Beyond at this point, that would put Saurus Rock’s location as outside the Great Valley.

Anyone else have any thoughts and/or counter arguments and/or corrections?  :)
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Major kudos to anyone who figures out what that means :)

I will find ways to make sure “lol dino” is in all of my posts :lol

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Can't say I have anything to argue about. I think this logic is reasonably sound.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
There seemed to be no discussion for this on the forum, but was a universal consensus reached on another social media platform, such as Discord?

I also have nothing to counter on the location of Saurus Rock.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
From my recollections, Saurus Rock is just outside the Great Valley and can be seen from the valley. Which raises a question, can the Great Valley be expanded to include Saurus Rock? 

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
From my recollections, Saurus Rock is just outside the Great Valley and can be seen from the valley. Which raises a question, can the Great Valley be expanded to include Saurus Rock? 

The Gang encounters a sharptooth on their way to Saurus Rock, so I'd say that firmly places it outside the valley.

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

The Gang encounters a sharptooth on their way to Saurus Rock, so I'd say that firmly places it outside the valley.

Although Sharpteeth do invade the Great Valley from time to time. :)

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Although Sharpteeth do invade the Great Valley from time to time. :)

True, but that's pretty rare. If my memory's correct, it only happened in II, XI, and a handful of TV series episodes.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^and in IX.
Yeah, in 2 TV episodes. (if we conssider that caves of many voices and caves where mama fastbiter lived are not part of the valley)

-------

Well, if you consider legend, it should be inside Great Valley, but judging the fact that sharpteeth roaming area around Rock, while Great Valley is place protected from sharpteeth, plus large cliffs and chasm between Rock and main valley, than I would say right now it's officially outside the valley.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 04:37:31 PM by Sneak »

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^and in IX.
Yeah, in 2 TV episodes. (if we conssider that caves of many voices and caves where mama fastbiter lived are not part of the valley)

-------

Well, if you consider legend, it should be inside Great Valley, but judging the fact that sharpteeth roaming area around Rock, while Great Valley is place protected from sharpteeth, plus large cliffs and chasm between Rock and main valley, than I would say right now it's officially outside the valley.

Plus, legends often contain debatable details, by definition.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
When you look at the scene that shows Saurus Rock ot looks onside the Valley, but when Littlefoot and the Gang follow Dinah and Danah there, its outside the Valley. Sometimes distant places can look closer than they are. An example is mountains in a desert, they appear not far aeay, but takes days on foot to reach.