The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Getting to know you - LBT Style

Petrie. · 182 · 50775

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I love how you described your most memorable moment, Sharp. That's the most detailed description I've seen of that part of the movie so far :D

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I about forgot about the part with Cera and Ducky in LBT XI.  Sure, she's aggressive, but that was way over the top for her character :blink:.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Malte279,Feb 26 2010 on  03:35 AM
He mentioned the land before time twice already in other videos.
I'm just curious, what are the two times he referenced LBT? I know of the one in We're Back!, where he compares said movie to "Land Before Time on crystal meth," but I don't know the second time he referenced it.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
The Land Before Time was in his list of top 11 saddest nostalgic moments.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
1.) Most liked Land Before Time character - Ducky.

2.) Least liked Land Before Time character - Cera. Or Shorty. Yeah, probably Shorty. But I still dislike Cera.

3.) Most liked Land Before Time song - Eggs. I love that British dinosaur.

4.) Least liked Land Before Time song - I don't think I've paid enough attention to the songs to have a least favorite.

5.) Most liked Land Before Time film - 10. By far. At first, I knew I was going to be biased toward the other films because I saw that Keifer Sutherland is in 10. Then I actually watched the movie and it was freakin' sweet. Definitely the best fight scene in the series. And, in my opinon at least, it looks the best.

6.) Least liked Land Before Time film - 13. I'm almost tempted to put 7, but the only reason is the ending. If the rainbow faces hadn't been aliens, it would've been a good movie. Well...maybe if they had a villian that didn't suck. Besides that, it was well written.

7.) Most memorable Land Before Time moment - Again, probably the fight scene from 10. Just 'cause I like fight scenes.

ScratteLover2

1.) Most liked Land Before Time character - Ali

2.) Least liked Land Before Time character - Sharptooth (first film)

3.) Most liked Land Before Time song - Yellow Belly Dance

4.) Least liked Land Before Time song - My Way

5.) Most liked Land Before Time film - The Land Before Time XIII: The Wisdom of Friends

6.) Least liked Land Before Time film - The Land Before Time VIII: The Big Freeze

7.) Most memorable Land Before Time moment - In The Land Before Time IV, when Littlefoot and Ali first meet, that was hilarious! :lol

inlerah

• Ruby
    • View Profile
1.) Most liked Land Before Time character - I would have to say guido. his akwardness reminds me a little of myself, and hits my friend's personality right on the money

2.) Least liked Land Before Time character - i must say that my least favorite charicter has to be the rainbofaces from lbt7. it's not that they arn't interesting, it's that they arn't nessisary. all they really are there for is to tell littlefoot and co. about the stone and to get them from the cave to the top of the peak. and the ending reveal. Really, Aliens. :lol

3.) Most liked Land Before Time song -  as opposed to the comment above, i will have to say that my favorite song is "Beyond the Misterious Beyond". the message is one that i live by, question everything, and the sound of it is good.

4.) Least liked Land Before Time song - "Oops 'friggin' Eeps" .there is really no other reason then the fact that for hours after hearing this song i can't do anything besides think about it, and everyone on this site agrees with me when i say that they should use this song as tourture at gitmo.

5.) Most liked Land Before Time film - The Land Before Time 1

6.) Least liked Land Before Time film - The Land Before Time 13    when LBT Jumped the shark

7.) Most memorable Land Before Time moment - when cera lampshades the "walking across the ravine on a log" cliche. just the selfe awarness of the moment alone is enough to make me laugh

Vek

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Kaelvek
1.) Most liked Land Before Time character - Cera. I like her attitude, personality and her voice.

2.) Least liked Land Before Time character - The 2 villains in the 4th movie, i dont even remember their name.

3.) Most liked Land Before Time song - I like almost all of them... even Oops Eeps ! (what ? I like the beat...) Hmm... I will choose Peaceful Valley. Maybe it is the nostalgia, but my eyes became wet everytime i hear it.

4.) Least liked Land Before Time song - The first song of the 4th movie. Its the only song in all the serie that i skip everytime.

5.) Most liked Land Before Time film - The first. But in the sequels, my favorite is the 9th.

6.) Least liked Land Before Time film - The 4th. I dont like the villains, the mists, the story, the songs and the secondary characters.

7.) Most memorable Land Before Time moment - When they found the valley in the first movie. The sunlight, the green of the vegetation and the music. Memorable is a weak word for describing that.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
1.)  Most liked Land Before Time character -

Littlefoot.

2.)  Least liked Land Before Time character -

If we're talking non-main characters, those yellow belly guys in lbt13. My heart died a little inside the moment they came on screen.

3.)  Most liked Land Before Time song -

Big water

4.)  Least liked Land Before Time song -

None.

5.)  Most liked Land Before Time film -

Besides the original? The tenth.

6.)  Least liked Land Before Time film -

THIRTEEN.

7.)  Most memorable Land Before Time moment -

Littlefoot mourning for his mother in her footprint... thing. Also, the shadow disappointment scene.

I joined the wiki to help edit stuff. I hope I'm doing a good enough job, because it's my first time.

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
1.) Most liked Land Before Time character - Mo, for obvious reasons that were given in about two or three threads here. Pterano comes in at a very close second, because of his personality.

2.) Least liked Land Before Time character - There are a few here. Among them are Dinah & Dana. They were just... plain annoying.

3.) Most liked Land Before Time song - If We Hold On Together, Big Water (particularly the the fifth movie version), Always There, and No One Has To Be Alone

4.) Least liked Land Before Time song - The Legend of The Lone Dinosaur, Bad Luck, and Imaginary Friends

5.) Most liked Land Before Time film - 1 (Naturally). 5 & 9 both come in at a close second.

6.) Least liked Land Before Time film - I'd have to say 6. Dinah & Dana just got in the way most of the time.

7.) Most memorable Land Before Time moment - When the gang hatched from their eggs, the death of Littlefoot's mother at the hands of a Sharptooth, when the gang finds the Great Valley, when Mo was reunited with his water-kin at the end of nine, and when Pterano and Petrie hug and say their goodbyes at the end of the seventh movie.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I'm going to leave the TV series out of this for now. Not due to any ill will; if I include it, I want to scrutinize it in its entirety, and I just don't have the focus to process that much information at the moment :p

1.) Most liked Land Before Time character -

Ah, it's far too difficult to choose a favorite! Each character adds their own unique flare to the series, I really like them all for one reason or another. Soooo I guess I'll just list a few of those reasons:

Littlefoot, for his courage, objectivity and heart.
Cera, for her spunk and grudging benevolence (it's very hard to find strong female characters that don't irritate me, so Cera gets an extra gold star :D).
Ducky, for her innocence and optimism.
Petrie, for his gullibility and general wackiness.
Spike, for his steadfastness and loalty.
Shorty, for his complexity and unexplored potential.
Mo, for his indomitable spirit :smile

I could keep going, but that's probably enough :p

2.) Least liked Land Before Time character -

Hm, there aren't really any characters I specifically dislike... I guess I'll have to go with Loofah and Doofah, just because they're the least interesting.

3.) Most liked Land Before Time song -

If We Hold On Together. I'd start singing this to myself in combat training when I felt like I couldn't run any farther. Fortunately I was too exhausted to feel self-conscious about it :lol That extra little push a person needs can come from the smallest things. :yes

No One Has To Be Alone deserves a spot here, too. This song pretty much exemplifies my state of mind, along with the accompanying Grandpa quote, "In a world so full of life, you are only as alone as you choose to be." That concept is quite important to me, and I'm thrilled that they touched on it in LBT.

4.) Least liked Land Before Time song -

Probably 'Say So' from XIII. It was the only song that I feel completely fell flat in all areas.

5.) Most liked Land Before Time film -

Well, the first one is always going to occupy its special pinnacle, but other than that I really loved IX and VIII. XII wasn't bad, either. Guidooooo :smile

6.) Least liked Land Before Time film -

XIII, though I don't hate it. I didn't like XI when I first saw it, but it's grown on me since then.

7.) Most memorable Land Before Time moment -

I think I've already talked about this scene in the 'saddest lbt moments' thread or somesuch, but I really can't help bringing it up again.
It's the scene in the first film where Littlefoot sees his shadow and mistakes it for his mother. It's an unbelievably sensitive scene that makes the pain of her death very real. Quite a striking emotional transformation moment.

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
Most liked character- itchy, i guess because he's a bird. Pterano would be my 2nd choice

Least liked characters- Dina and Dana they're annoying and only serve as an excuse for a sharptooth to be in the movie.

Most liked song- the TV series opening

Least liked song- Oops eeps :bang

Most liked film- 7 and 12 can't decide which one I like more

Least liked film- 13 seriosly, universal, you had to steal MY fan characters

Most memorable moment- the part in the 1st one where they try to get treestars by stacking them selves

extra favorite quote- (Episode canyon of the shiny stones) Petrie: MOOOOOOMMMMYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!111!!! :spit

Sonicdash

• Ruby
    • View Profile
1.)  Most liked Land Before Time character -   Littlefoot hands down. wants to make everyone happy and never gives up til it is accomplished.

2.)  Least liked Land Before Time character - I guess it would be Toppsy.... i really do not dislike any characters but i see enough cold-like dads anyway...

3.)  Most liked Land Before Time song - From LBT 4, "It takes all sorts"  to have a great team to overcome anything, you really need a bit of everything.  This song also seems to have been done out from the soul.

4.)  Least liked Land Before Time song - Oops eeps.... this somg sounded like it was an instant idea and the plan worked =/

5.)  Most liked Land Before Time film - really can't say.... i can see any one of them and i can't claim which is better... T.T

6.)  Least liked Land Before Time film - Same here.... like above i just CAN NOT decide...

7.)  Most memorable Land Before Time moment - the moment when Littlefoot was  seemingly ABOUT to give up the journey to the Great Valley, to have a Treestar carry a message from his mother.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
1. That waould definetly have to be...Littlefoot. I just love him. Chomper's right up there too. He's so cute.

2. Rhett. I just don't like him. For obvious reasons too. He lied to Ali just to make himself look better. Come on! Whenever I watched him I was like, "grrr. Why did they have to add YOU in?" But at least the gang told him. Hehe  :D

3. If we hold on together. It's just a beautiful song that brings tears to my eyes every time I listen to it. Alway's there is wonderful too. And it has one of the only references in the entire series about Littlefoot's mother. Same with No one has to be alone and Bestest Friends. Oh and Eggs! I have no idea why i like it. It's just...awesome.

4. Adventuring including the version from number 10. That one grates my ears. Also I feel so happy and most of the songs from the tv series. They get annoying real fast.

5. The first one. No contest there. It's absolutely beautiful.

6. The 13th. It just ruined it.

7. That's a tough one. Hmmm...the moment I'll alway's remember is probably when the gang finds the Great Valley. And the hug at the end.

hiddenwolfxx

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/MajesticWolfsx
 1.) Most liked Land Before Time character - Ducky, Chomper, Pterano, Sharptooth ( original ), Little Foots Mother, Grandma Longneck ( so many xD )

2.) Least liked Land Before Time character - Rhett, Mr. Thicknose ( i always found him such a nuisance and in the way ), Guido ( same goes for him. i was just praying throughout the movie and series that he would get snatched up by a sharptooth x_x ), Ali ( i also found her annoying but shes not that bad )

3.) Most liked Land Before Time song - If We Hold On Together is my all time favorite but a view choice ones that I remember enjoying as a kid was On Your Own, Very Important Creature, and Grandma's Lullaby.

4.) Least liked Land Before Time song - Everything else besides the ones listed above. But the most hated one has to be Yellow Belly Bounce and Flip, Flap, Fly -____-

5.) Most liked Land Before Time film - Original, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, and 9th.

6.) Least liked Land Before Time film - 13th.... hands down... AUGH!  -explode-

7.) Most memorable Land Before Time moment - Littlefoot's mothers death. It makes me teary eyed even to this day :c

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
1.) Most liked Land Before Time character - Oh geez, too many to choose! I'd say, a close tie between Guido (Just such a fun character), Bron (lovable father figure and great fighter), Pterano (Megalomaniacal, thesbian, and a great singer to boot!)and Petrie (Need I say anything? He's always been the one I remember from the series)

2.) Least liked Land Before Time character - Danah and Dinah. But they would be so easy to improve: Just make their design similar to Tricia's, and don't let them talk, because babies and toddlers do not talk like that!

3.) Most liked Land Before Time song - Bestest Friend. It just...works. It's well written, atmospheric, sweet and just plain beautiful. Squeezes a tear outta me every time.
I would say "If We Hold On Together" if not for one thing: For some reason, rather than feeling schmulzy, it kinda depresses me when I listen to it. Maybe it's because it's an ending song or something I dunno...

4.) Least liked Land Before Time song - Imaginary Friend. As soon as I saw Petrie drumming, I knew this was gonna blow.

5.) Most liked Land Before Time film - I would usually say the original, but I'll exclude it so the others have a chance. I can't pick just one, so I'd say it's all of them from 7 to 10. They just seemed well thought out, with good acting, mostly good songs, good new characters and the animation was almost back on par with the original.

6.) Least liked Land Before Time film - Of the ones I've seen, I'd have to say number 4. Not the asolute low point of the animation (That would be number 5), but pretty low, plus the new characters didn't really work. Ali was underdeveloped, Ichy and Dil were a bit too goofy (Ozzy and Strut were at least menacing), Old One was a bit of a jerk and Tickles was pointless.

7.) Most memorable Land Before Time moment - From the original: Littlefoot's Mother's Death. Watching it was the first time I cried from a movie, nay, the first time I cried AT ALL, in about 3 years. It was also the only scene I actually remembered from the first time I watched it (Though for some strange reason, I seem to remember at the time thinking the scene took place either inside a cave or underwater.... :confused )
From the sequels: The climatic battle in number 10. Dramatic, actually violent, and pretty big too.

EDIT: Now that I've seen all of them, I am in need of an update...

Salvatore Blackheart

• Chomper
    • View Profile
1.) Most liked Land Before Time character - Cera, her sarcasm is great. :smile

2.) Least liked Land Before Time character - Rhett is a coward liar. :anger

3.) Most liked Land Before Time song - if we hold together. :smile

4.) Least liked Land Before Time song - Oops Eeps. :anger

5.) Most liked Land Before Time film - The original and 10. :smile

6.) Least liked Land Before Time film - XIII The Wisdom of Friends. :anger

7.) Most memorable Land Before Time moment - movie 10 When littlefoot forgive his father.

BigMouth

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://huntingthepast.blogspot.com/
1.) Most liked Land Before Time character -
Has to be littlefoot, he is and always will be the character I can relate to the most.

2.) Least liked Land Before Time character -

3.) Most liked Land Before Time song -
If we hold on together along with the entire score of the first movie

4.) Least liked Land Before Time song -
You're one of us now
However I can't remember any songs past the second movie's so this isn't exactly true.

5.) Most liked Land Before Time film -
The original by far is my favorite.

6.) Least liked Land Before Time film -
I have to re watch all of the sequels, but I seem to remember 3 to be my least favorite out of the first 5.

7.) Most memorable Land Before Time moment -
The most memorable moment to me is when littlefoot's mother dies.  When he's talking to her it always makes me begin to tear up.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Guess I'll post in this too. Been meaning to for a bit.

1.) Most liked Land Before Time character: That would be Pterano! He's very complex and I really like the whole "redemption" character type. Someone who's not all good or not all bad, but has their own complexities and makeup that cause them to be very unique.

2.) Least Liked Land Before Time Character: Uhhhh... well I haven't seen films XI to XIII, though those seem to garner some of the votes here, character wise. I haven't seen the show either, though I'd like to. I guess I'll just have to get back to you on this one, as I can't think of a character off the top of my head that I really outright dislike.

3.) Most liked Land Before Time song: Probably "If We Hold On Together". Diana Ross was amazing, though I guess... "Very Important Creature" might come in as a close second. XD

4.) Least liked Land Before Time song: I really need to rewatch the series in order to get a feel for which song I don't actually like. I haven't seen pretty much all of them in years (though working on changing that) so yeah.

5.) Most liked Land Before Time film: Hmmm, 7! I don't honestly think it beats out the original, as that really is my favorite, but in terms of sequels, I like seven by far. It was sort of a reawakening of the series for me, and brought brief life back into it before the movies started sliding once again into unmemorable bits for me.

6.) Least liked Land Before Time film: 6 probably. It just wasn't very memorable for me, and is the one I can recall the least amount about. I basically thought 1-3 were pretty good, 4 and 5 were OK, 6 I just didn't like, 7 was great, 8 and 9 were... alright I guess. 10 was good, and well, never saw 11-13.

7.) Most memorable Land Before Time moment: Oh jeez. There's lots for me. XD I'll get back to this later. I'd probably narrow it down to scenes from the first, third, and seventh films though, as those are my top three.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post