The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tv series replacing sequals?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I beleive that the sequals should not be replaced.  What about you?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Dito on that!
All the years it was a very special event when a new LBT movie came out and it was watched, and rewatched, and discussed to the very last detail. Now that I might watch so many sequels I'm hesitant to do so feeling a little "flooded" with material we used to have to wait for a much longer time.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Definitely not. Seeing at the movies gave birth to the Tv series, I don't think it should become mainstream.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I think Universal might be able to support a TV series in terms of plot depth than they could for a full length film.  They're on their last leg in terms of films by now.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I think not. The TV series aren't made to replace the movies. Matter fact, some TV series are made from movies. So, I think the TV series wouldn't replace the movies.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i don't think that the sequals will be replaced by the series

Digi-Dragon

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Well, there's already been confirmed LBT 13, right? So that means there's at least going to be one more movie.

The series is good, yeah, but I woudln't want it to replace the series. There are some little stories that can't take up a whole movie, so that's where the series comes in. It should be used to display those events that can't make it into the movie. Sequels should be used to give us a larger story that can't be explained in 22 minutes, like what they should've done with Ali's reintroduction and such. Just so long as the movies and the series don't start contradicting each other (ie, refering to things that have happened in the series, but not having Chomper and Ruby in the movie), then I'm fine with both.