The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT in the new 2020s decade

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
^ There's definitely a lot of material they could cover in a second season.

I'm rather skeptical of the potential for this plan. The television series wasn't exactly a big hit, and I found quite a few episodes that I truly enjoyed. Most of the episodes seemed to have no decent plot or execution, and occasionally the animation was just... bizarrely horrible. If a second season were to happen, I hope they'll take things slow instead of rushing into things senselessly. But speaking of potential ideas for a second season, what do you think they could cover? Care to give us a few examples?
Even the greatest shows had rough starts during their first season, or perhaps even their first few. I'm sure if the series was renewed for a second season, the crew would have the time to get themselves settled into this new routine and therefore become confident enough to develop a number of compelling storylines.

I mean, there's a lot of stuff they can't be covered in an LBT movie, but can certainly be done in the course of an episode. Or maybe there's stuff that's so complex that it can't be fit into one LBT movie, but rather an entire season as an overarching plot.

Oh, and as for the kind of stuff they could possibly cover in a second season (I haven't seen the series in a while, so if this is already covered, I apologize):

-The gang learning how to speak Sharpteeth (I suggested this in another thread)
-Pterano returning to the Valley (he's been referenced so many times in the show that if it had been renewed for a second season, I'm SURE he'd have returned by then)
-Cera and Ducky interacting with other members of their own species outside of their families (we've seen Littlefoot interact with other Longnecks hundreds of times, while we've also seen what kind of interactions Petrie and Spike would have with their own kind)
-Littlefoot learning something about his mother he never knew before, probably a deep, dark secret
-A backstory on what happened to Cera's biological mother, Ducky's father, Petrie's father, and/or Spike's parents
-A follow-up to the episode "Escape from the Mysterious Beyond", which explores more of Thud's character in the wake of being saved by Chomper

There's lots of things a second season could explore.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 12:17:53 AM by Dr. Rex »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
yes!

Pterano returning to the Valley (he's been referenced so many times in the show that if it had been renewed for a second season, I'm SURE he'd have returned by then)

Even if considering my analysis about LBT continuing, I still think Ptrerano would not return, only if he doewsn't try to break his banishement rules. Well, gang still can met him in Mysterious Beyond though...

-Cera and Ducky interacting with other members of their own species outside of their families (we've seen Littlefoot interact with other Longnecks hundreds of times, while we've also seen what kind of interactions Petrie and Spike would have with their own kind)
yes and yes!

-Littlefoot learning something about his mother he never knew before, probably a deep, dark secret
Oo
doubtful.

-A backstory on what happened to Cera's biological mother, Ducky's father, Petrie's father, and/or Spike's parents

I believe that would never happen..

-A follow-up to the episode "Escape from the Mysterious Beyond", which explores more of Thud's character in the wake of being saved by Chomper
well, not only Thud chaarecter. The whole situation with Red Claw should be solved!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I think there's stuff that can be explored in a second season, if the crew was given the time and opportunity to try.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile

I'm rather skeptical of the potential for this plan. The television series wasn't exactly a big hit, and I found quite a few episodes that I truly enjoyed. Most of the episodes seemed to have no decent plot or execution, and occasionally the animation was just... bizarrely horrible. If a second season were to happen, I hope they'll take things slow instead of rushing into things senselessly. But speaking of potential ideas for a second season, what do you think they could cover? Care to give us a few examples?
Even the greatest shows had rough starts during their first season, or perhaps even their first few. I'm sure if the series was renewed for a second season, the crew would have the time to get themselves settled into this new routine and therefore become confident enough to develop a number of compelling storylines.

I mean, there's a lot of stuff they can't be covered in an LBT movie, but can certainly be done in the course of an episode. Or maybe there's stuff that's so complex that it can't be fit into one LBT movie, but rather an entire season as an overarching plot.

Oh, and as for the kind of stuff they could possibly cover in a second season (I haven't seen the series in a while, so if this is already covered, I apologize):

-Pterano returning to the Valley (he's been referenced so many times in the show that if it had been renewed for a second season, I'm SURE he'd have returned by then)

Those are pretty decent ideas, but the possible execution is what worries me. It is quite easy to mess up even a perfect plan.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
What about live action remaka?

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
NO, SUBGOD!

No, Subgod, please, no! No! No! NO!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
6/14
0/26

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
NO, SUBGOD!

But Disney makes such ‘great’ live remakes. :p

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
NO, SUBGOD!

Lol, everyone hated Lion King remake. So yeah, Disney making live action version of LBT would be a disaster. (Maybe not financially, becuz of cash grab and nostalgia).

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I didn't watch Lion King or any other Disney's remakes in last years.
It's my reaction to ANY remakes of PERFECT classic.
6/14
0/26

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I didn't watch Lion King or any other Disney's remakes in last years.
It's my reaction to ANY remakes of PERFECT classic.

The only Disney live remake I intend to see is “Mulan.” I want to see a more realistic take on historic Chinese Joan of Arc. The rest are as you so eloquently pit it, are cash grabs. 

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

Those are pretty decent ideas, but the possible execution is what worries me. It is quite easy to mess up even a perfect plan.
But like I said, though, if they were given more time to work on the show, I think the crew would become more comfortable with what they're doing and nail the executions better. First seasons always have it a bit rough no matter how good the show is overall.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I think the likelihood of a Season 2 for TLBT Series is remote. For one despite the Jurassic World sequels, there doesn’t seem to be dinomania which would be a factor in Universal renewing for a new seaaon. I think we are more likely to get LBT XV.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
The official Land Before Time channel is still going with uploading compilation clips from the LBT TV series, even making one for International Women&#039;s Day
International Women's Day. They've also been making countless "scary compilations" with your favorite cast of Sharpteeth: Red Claw, Screech, and Thud.

Something a bit unprecedented happened a day ago however. It's another scary compilation...with a slight catch. Instead of TV clips, they derived the scenes from two movies in order: LBT 13 and LBT 3. With my curiosity peaked, I clicked on the video and...let the cringe ensue. :sducky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSTuY-u-CmU

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Probably gonna come back and formulate a longer response to the topic of the thread in general.

Still, it would be nice if we could actually get some brand new content. For one thing, then the official LBT channel wouldn’t be stuck just doing compilations and re-runs of a single-season TV show. And of course, more content would be the best way to bring in some new fans. My gut feeling is that we will get something LBT related at some point down the line, but that it won’t be for another few or several years at least.

If there’s something that I never comprehend up to this day with these channels that upload clips, how are people willingly to come back to the channel and watch literally the same thing that was uploaded days ago, but just under a different title or thumbnail? For things like Gordon Ramsay I totally understand, but for LBT wouldn’t it get a bit boring? Most of the views from their recent vids come from their subscribers I would assume, with a small percentage coming from recommended vids. They have been milking the same content for awhile, and even with the implementation of COPPA, essentially reducing their ad revenue, it’s probably still worthwhile for them. I do have the same hopes as you do that something new gets created in the future.
To be honest...this LBT channel kind of drives me nuts.  :facepalm First of all, it is not an official Land Before Time channel. If it was, why would it have only joined YouTube in 2017? If Universal wanted to put LBT on YouTube, they would've done it in 2015 or 2016 to promote JoTB before its release. So what we have here is some random guy who's not affiliated with Universal yet is capitalizing on their content. Cue Angry Dino #1: :anger

Second, I cannot do a search for any Land Before Time movie scene on the internet now without being flooded by a bunch of LBT TV show YouTube clips from this channel. Seems it's managed to exploit tags to the point where you can't so much as type the words "Land Before Time" in a search without its videos coming up--so unless you can circumvent this by searching for the scene you want without using that phrase (good luck), all this irrelevant content is going to make it impossible to get to what you wanted. Hello, Angry Dino #2: :anger

Third, to agree with ImpracticalDino, I do not, in any way, shape, or form, understand compilations! I don't want to watch some bunch of incoherent clips mashed together, no matter whether there's some supposed theme very loosely holding them together (LBT International Women's Day...sure, sure). Unfortunately, however, compilations are great clickbait, so plenty of channels these days start churning them out like mad in lieu of any original content. There's probably parents out there who turn on these hour-long LBT compilations when they need their kids to behave for a while, not knowing or caring whether it's a bunch of recycled video or not. Sorry kids, guess you're not going to grow up knowing what a coherent story looks like! :anger :anger :anger
Phew...sorry for that rant. I needed to get that off my chest. :areyouserious

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
NO, SUBGOD!

Lol, everyone hated Lion King remake. So yeah, Disney making live action version of LBT would be a disaster. (Maybe not financially, becuz of cash grab and nostalgia).

A live-action LBT remake wouldn't be my first choice either. If they ever do a remake, I'd want them to keep it animated. But even if it were live-action, I'd probably still go see it anyway just because I want the franchise to continue on somehow.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
^The big question is that were they to make a live-action movie of the original, would the letdown be as big as it was with the Lion King? Though, I'd probably go see it as well just for curiosity's sake despite any first impressions.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I would prefer more sequels over a live-action reboot at this point. At please by the Bright Cir le don’t do an animated reboot!  :facepalm

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
If they were to ever try to reboot at all, I would prefer them to do it in a style of like a series of small movies like The Dark Crystal Age of Resistance. Though I'd be hesitant with a reboot at all because I feel like it would probably throw out all what the franchise has developed out the window (Characters and world development).

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
If they were to ever try to reboot at all, I would prefer them to do it in a style of like a series of small movies like The Dark Crystal Age of Resistance. Though I'd be hesitant with a reboot at all because I feel like it would probably throw out all what the franchise has developed out the window (Characters and world development).

I feel the same, a reboot I fear will purge all the character development that has transpired ober 14 films.