The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Kingdom Hearts 2

Stitch · 12 · 2108

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Have you heard that they are bumping back the release date for KH2 to march here in the states?

I hope it will be worth the wait.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey Stitch!

So you're awaiting the long anticipated release of KH2 as well eh? I'm with you there! I heard the USA is expecting it around March/April time this year but be grateful! At least you dont have to wait until May/June time for it (unlike some parts of the world :( ) I heard that Japan got it just before Xmas and, get this, it went platinum in under 2 weeks! :wow  :blink: 1 million copies sold in less than 14 days!!! That's gotta be a record!

Anywho, if you're desperate to see some footage of the new KH, check out this link I got from a friend of mine.

Kingdom Hearts 2 Videos

I personally recommend checking out "Passion". It's the opening movie to KH2 and it looks wickid!!! :DD I've even managed to download the song to it coz I loved it so much!
It still hasnt been translated just yet but I'd imagine it's well on it's way by now. A lot of the original cast are being used although I'm not sure who's playing Sora this time around. The kid from the 6th Sense (Haley Osmond whats-his-face) did him in the first one but it'll be interesting to see who gets it this time.

Still, looks like we've both got a while to wait before it hits our shorelines...but it's gonna be awesome that much is certain! ;)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For anyone else who is unfamiliar with the game Kingdom Hearts...imagine the rules and action of a real-time Final Fantasy with a Walt Disney theme! Not as kiddy as it sounds! ;)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Doesn't everything always hit platinum in Japan before everywhere else?  :lol:

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I heard that Haley Joel Osmond got to do Sora again.  If you want more information, you should check out kh2.co.uk.  They seem to get new news the fastest.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cheers for that Stitch! I'll check it out! Strange how a UK-based site would get news first despite being the last in line to get it!  :unsure: Oh well! Not complaining!

To Roger: LOL It certainly seems that way doesn't it! :lol But to go platinum in less than a fortnight's pretty impressive in just a single country ;) Sounds like it's gonna be hell to try and get mitts on a copy. Looks like pre-ordering is the way to go!  ;) You seen/played KH before Roger?

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I loved Kingdom Hearts. Can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 2. Those videos look dang awsome!

I find the more they make me wait, the more I want it which is good in my opinion  :P:

Oh well, I reserved it, so at least I'll be able to get it right away  :lol:

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just got the game today.  I must say that it was worth the wait.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmmm, I still have to go pick it up B)

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
you can buy it for PAL on www.Play.com and it offical release date is 2006 May 28th in the UK but Play.com is already able to sell it for UK online even with the store release dates are a bit later on.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No you can't! KH2 in PAL format isn't due for at least another month! What play.com is saying is that you can pay for it now at the given price but you wont actually get the game until the date specified. Play.com is saying 28th of April but other online stores are saying end of May. I'm kinda hoping Play.com does have the correct date...they were right about RE4 for PS2 and all other places got it wrong.

I watched the live video review of KH2 online at gamespot.com last night and it looks every bit amazing as I'd hoped. They were a bit picky on some of the features but I guess this type of RPG isn't for everybody.

Can I just ask, for those lucky sods who actually own KH2, if you're gonna post up bits and pieces about the plot please label it with a SPOILER warning. I don't wanna ruin the surprise of what happens and how it links to the previous instalments.

Still got at least another month to wait...awww man... :(

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Just got my copy today :P: This game is beyond awesome! :o hehe :D