The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

NSW Bushfires

Nahla · 15 · 1539

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey guys,as you might of heard (if your Aussie) some major bushfires are burning.

I am scared,why?

Because my town is one of the places under threat,the air is heavy with smoke. It's horrible,they warned us to be ready to evacuate at any time.

I'll keep you guys updated on whats happening. Quite a few homes are burnt down already but luckily so far no lives are lost.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am terribly sorry to hear about your situation. :(  I had heard about the wildfires as I sometimes use the Australian Broadcasting Corporation website to get international news, but I was unaware of their severity until I heard today that 200 houses have been lost in the Blue Mountains.  Hopefully the winds will begin to cooperate with the firefighters and an evacuation doesn't prove to be necessary.  Please try to stay safe out there.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Updating for Nahla since I guessed she hasn't read the update yet.

It is confirmed a man has been killed because of the fires.

You never know how scary these things can be till your actually apart of one.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Really? Thats sad....poor guy.

And yes Zimmy your right there.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I'm sorry to hear that, Nahla, I hope you won't need to evacuate.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
We hope so too,theres over 100 fires spread across the state -I just have to live near  one don't I? The last time some kind of disaster happened to my town was the great australian dust storm in 2009.

2004 we were flooded

in 1999 there was a minor earthquake.

Is it like tradition for some kind of disaster to happen every 5 years or something?

But so far our little town is fine,we are all on edge...just in case though.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I heard about the bushfires on the news yesterday. I really hope you don't have to evacuate, Nahla. I've heard quite a bit on the news in the last few years about bushfires in Australia. Seems like a really horrible disaster, especially if your home is burned down or if you lose loved ones. :(

Luckily we tend to keep quite updated with Australia and NZ news in the UK since many people do have family or friends who moved there. Let's just hope that the firefighters will be able to get the fires under control soon. :yes

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Geez! Take care Nahla and Zimmy!
Inactive, probably forever.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Those are horrible news, because of all of the damage this kind of catastrophies can cause,so I hope there will not be any more fatal victims. I also hope you won't have to evacuate, Nahla. Good luck and be very careful.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well I hope this situation clears itself up soon! Be safe!

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Updates of updateness.

They are saying two fires are going to merge near the mountains (Of course it would since I'm near the mountains..well not super close bout 2 hours away). But today something wonderful happened-it rained so amazing,we really needed this rain.

So far there have been no more deaths thank goodness,oh look it started raining again,hopefully it keeps up and helps get these fires under control.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That is good to hear Nahla.  I know that according to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation that authorities are quite concerned over the possible formation of a 'mega-fire' when the fires merge into one massive fire.  Hopefully the rain will reduce this possibility and help the authorities to get the fires under control.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
See Nahla? I told you my raindance would work but you were like all NOOOOO.

Anyway back  to being serious

Here a little picture so you can get an idea of what it's like for us. Smokey but otherwise ok.

The moon was actually RED last night,if it happens again tonight and I remember I'll snap a photo.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^ Wow.  That would actually be a beautiful and majestic scene if it wasn't for the fact that hundreds of people had lost their homes due to the blaze.  I look forward to seeing any other photos that you have of the situation.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile

The sky right now,awesome but creepy.

For those who don't know it like that because of the flames.