The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A close call

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Vehicles seem to hate me this year, 3 accidents so far.

The latest one happened his afternoon, me and a couple of my friends decided to ride our motorbikes through a mountain pass. It was going all well, very fun into one very sharp corner on a steep hill.
I kinda blame myself for what happened next seeing as my rear brakes where completely shot and I hadn't changed them in a while since I stopped riding.

What happened was one of my friends fell of their bike, he wasn't going too fast around the corner so he only got bruises but I didn't know he fell. So I came around the corner, quite a bit faster than him and as soon as the corner was done, right in front of me was him and his bike.

There where two things that went through my mind, hitting my friend, and hurting myself, neither of which I wanted to do so in pure reflex I held the front brakes as hard as possible which was genius and a mistake at the same time.

This part now that I look back at it was funny. I flew off the bike, literally launched into the air. As I came back down going...some mph, I told myself 'Shayne, you are not getting hurt today' and as soon as my feet touched the ground I started running. I actually ran down the hill, slowly loosing the momentum of the throw until I stopped.

I stood there for a few seconds, but then just went back up. Got my bike and kept going  :lol

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Holy buckets! :blink: Glad you're okay!

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That's scary.  :blink: At least you and your friends will be more careful next time.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Epic and scary combined.  Glad that you both are alright and hopefully you'll learn next time not to go too fast.:p