The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ice Age: Collision Course

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well after seeing Suicide Squad I'd say my praise for this movie raised several bars compared to what I initially thought of it. The new Ice Age 5 is a far cry from what it could have been. For starters. Louis from Ice Age 4 was non-existant, yet his VA, Josh Gad, was used for a new character.. Downright evil right there.

Absolutely splendid animation, lighting, and textures. Very wonderful choice for composer, I'm proud. The effects were something to behold and the sound design was professional. I don't say these words lightly. The animation really was amazing, especially when scrat is involved. There was no fault in CGI, and I really enjoyed John Debney's work (I love soundtracks). On the other hand... quite a subpar script, with many detours, attempts at humor.... the screenwriters should be let go. Like with The Good Dinosaur, I'm tired of phenomenal work in art, and low-grade work in writing for the most part. There's a lot of unbelievability mixed with simple plots. And the plot itself is based on something both unbelievable and shallow. It seems with every Ice Age the writers push bounds more and more and I think they reached their peak. I was really hoping this would be a good Ice Age. I went to the theaters knowing it was already like 22% on rotten tomatoes or whatever. Suicide Squad was worse though lol. I'd watch Ice Age 5 again, mostly for the animation and some character quips or lines. BUt really most of the lines are cringey :T

oh well. way to end a franchise... Blue Sky ya need to fire those writers already lol  :bang

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Critics hated the movie they gave it a 12% on rotten tomatoes. And I can agree somewhat to rotten tomatoes. The story was eh to me I didn't think they did that good of a job on it. The jokes where decent not totally funny but sorts funny. Peaches Ke Ke) Palmer) boyfriend was kinda annoying and irritating to be quite frank. Didn't care for him at all. The good parts Wanda Sykes as granny she's the funniest thing In the movie to be honest. The animation was nice to look at I can agree with that. The music was quite decent as well. So over all I thought this one was the weakest Ice Age movie ever. But I am glad I saw it tho. And of course Scrat will always make these movies very entertaining to watch. He's very  funny and the best character in the movie. And news Blue Sky is working on a Ice Age 6 that's what I read online. They're in the talks of a sequel I hope it's better than the fifth one.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This franchise should have ended a couple films ago.  The third film was the last one that was actually close to being decent.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
This series should have ended with Dawn of the dinosaurs, which was decent. 4 was terrible, and from the sounds of it 5 is still worse. only so much they can with mammoths and ice ages.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
But they still make money so they will milk more sequels until it's bone dry.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
4 has some interesting characters though, like the sabregirl and Louis. Even the villain had potential. But they combined too many weird and forgettable stuff in that movie lol. It was kind of meh, but still better than Ice Age 5 overall

I think the main problem is the franchisee writers keep making things bigger, which only makes them worse, honestly. Helping a human baby find its home, great. Saving the animals from a meltdown, believable but still ok. Journeying into Dinosaur land to save sid, getting stranger but nonetheless interesting. Battling pirates on ice floats while running away from drifting continents.... ok...

and then dumping magnetic crystals into a volcano to explode them into the sky and make a meteor veer away from earth and thus prevent hte death of everyone.... seriously? Just stop with these plots focused on the what rather than the who xD

Also, too many characters to make things work. All in all, "the main group" ended up being composed of two sloths, three mammoths, three weasels, and I believe two sabrecats. That's way too many characters to both animate and make an intertwined, coherent story around xD

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
The only one of these films that I really liked was the first one. It should have ended there. The original is a great standalone film and I like to pretend the others don't exist.

But, seriously, outer space? At Land Before Time had the decency to get nine movies in before they introduced those annoying Rainbow Faces.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Er, six blink.gif
:spit

It seems with every Ice Age the writers push bounds more and more and I think they reached their peak.
Well, this is really something I have to critisise as well about this movie but I think the good humour kinda made up for it :p I found myself laughing quite a lot during the movie despite the fact that the plot was more than just a little weird  :sducky At least there was a decent amount of conflict.
Inactive, probably forever.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
If it had been Direct to video and on its own it would have been better. yeah there were funny parts and like I said I'd watch it again, it's just that it didn't live up to its potential. that's what irks me the most. they made the sequel bigger without the better :T

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I can't be the only one who was rooting for the asteroid...

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Dude that's a bit harash but I can see where you're coming from tho. I was kinda rooting for the asteroid when I saw it. Peaches boyfriend was so irritating I hoped that big Rock would of crushed him.