The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Star Wars:The Force Unleashed

jedi472 · 19 · 1576

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So, what do you guys think of it so far? I know it's not even out yet, but it still looks pretty cool!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does look interesting, from the trailers and such that I've seen.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I downloaded the playable demo form the Playstation Network and I have to say it's pretty good on first impressions. I'm no Star Wars fanatic but I like playing this. Being about to manipulate just about everything with the force is a great touch everything from boxes, canisters, blow open doors, flinging robots and even people about the place. It graphically looks quite pleasing and the action is always up front. One thing I did find annoying was the camera. Sometimes the camera couldn't keep up with the action and you're left blind to enemy fire. The lock-on system wasn't too smart either and I found at times I was taking huge amounts of damage purely because the camera was in the wrong position. The enemy AI is quite good coz they don't just stand there and wait for you to come hack them down. They will actively retreat when you advance, they stay in tight groups and concentrate fire on you as well as seeking cover.

As I said before, I'm no hyped fan of Star Wars yet I may just get this as it seems to be an enjoyable game to play. I heard release dates are 16th Sept for Japan, 17th Sept for US and 19th Sept for Europe.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I too have downloaded the playable demo on my Xbox 360 and I must say...so far this game is living up to the hype! The Star wars geek in me is screaming for August to be over already so I can get this game! :lol Graphic wise it is far better than I expected, as for the camera angels Littlefoot1616 is right....it is kinda wonky, and the lock-on system could be better, but I'm sure that the company will take care of that minor detail.

Overall, I've played that demo at least 15 times in a 24 hour period...so yeah...I can say I'm hooked on this game alot! :DD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Isn't camera problems a common thing with many video games?

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
*Sighs since I don't have gold membership to download the demo* Who's idea was it to restrict the demo to gold subscribers?  :cry

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Aug 23 2008 on  05:01 PM
Isn't camera problems a common thing with many video games?
It can be a very touchy area of a game coz it is your visual portal into the game's world. There are certain games I have played that are great, but the camera angles and klunky methods of controlling them do tend to kill the fun of playing leading to untimely demises and embarrassing foul ups. Sonic Team are prime culprits for dodgy/shoddy camera mechanics although they have gotten better with later games. Most gliches and kinks can be worked out with a little extra planning and implementing though but this often adds to game release date delays. For the sake of something so vital to gameplay, I'd prefer the game to be complete and late rather than rushed and unfinished.

*Sighs since I don't have gold membership to download the demo* Who's idea was it to restrict the demo to gold subscribers?

I'm assuming this is for 360 owners this issue applies to. Sorry, can't help you out there Keni as I'm unsure of how the Xbox Live methodology of downloads et al. actually work  :(

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I agree, games should be fully finished, unlike most who seem to use the microsoft method.  Rush the product out and let the customers who pay for the product be beta testers, then put out patch after patch.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, I got the game today, and I must say it ROCKS! The ability to do nearly anything with the Force makes you feel so super-cool!  The first level is just so darn awesome, it blows my mind!

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh Starfall...you lucky person you!

I can't wait to get my personal paycheck so I can buy it personally! I want so badly to play that game!

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I love this game, though the lockon system seems a little too loose. Nonetheless, slicing through an AT-ST made my day XD

That, plus major use of Force Lightning. Shocking things is fun!

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I bought it today and it is pretty awesome.  I like how you can change your lightsaber's color.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
OMG!!! I finally got to play the game through to completion...and it was FANTASTIC!!!!! Every swing of the light saber left me wanting to continue on...it currently IS the most addictive game in my 360 arsenal and I wouldn't have it any other way! :yes

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Just beat it for the Wii. Poor cinematics aside, thi is the best game for the Wii ever.

Littlefoot90

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://lbtwelt.npage.ch/

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm thinking of getting it for the iPhone. Would you recommend it or not?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
This game is definitely one of the best games I have ever played! Sure, the camera is a bit wierd, but I am willing to look over that minor flaw. You are a complete and total BADASS in this game!!

Besides the camera, I gotta say I was a little disappointed with taking down the Star Destroyer. The cutscene afterwards rocked, but the act of taking it down was very hard, a little too hard than needed.

Otherwise, if you don't have this game, I suggest you get it!