The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Homosapien on LBT

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
So I was watching X-Men today and was thinking about the mutants and humans.  Then, a random idea popped into my head.  What would happen if a human appeared?  How would that change the series?  I think this topic has been discussed before, but I couldn't find one.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Malte would bomb Universal Studios. :p

But seriously, I've been exploring that in the fanfic I've been writing. I think it could work if it's handled like the alien rainbowfaces in movie 7 were. You know, very mysterious and suggestive, but no revealing of what they actually are.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Malte would bomb Universal Studios.
:lol  :lol  :lol
vonboy, you know me ;)
Seriously, I think humans in LBT would be a terrible breach with LBT as we know it and probably born out of nothing else than the lack of ideas of many people for more stories within the boundaries of LBT. There has been a number of movies in which humans were travelling through time ending up in the realm of the dinosaurs and stuff. I fear that any inclusion of humans in LBT would just promote what I would refer to as the Pokemonization of LBT.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Except that humans in LBT wouldn't necessarily be the same thing as Pokemon, unless you believe that the dino characters would be captured and used as weapons to fight other dinosaurs.

And would it be as terrible of a breach as the alien dinos of LBT 7? I think not. Not that I'm saying they should put humans in the movies; but if they could include aliens, then humans would not be so strange.

Also, they already did include humans in an LBT related thing. I think it was a comic. The Friendly Sharptooth I believe made a post of it sometime ago. "The Much Despised Made Real" I believe it was called, depicting Littlefoot with a human.

Edit: Here we go:

http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...?showtopic=9926

Yep, that is a child right there, having come out of a time machine, meeting Littlefoot. And yes this is most likely official. Well official as in Universal did create this, or have someone create it for them. The purpose? Just promotion.

A friend of mine suggested I write a Terra Nova/Land Before Time crossover because she believes it makes sense. The humans already time traveled into the past with dinosaurs, so sticking LBT characters wouldn't feel out of the ordinary or forced.

I'm not entirely sure if I will or not, though.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I STILL think that the Rainbow Faces were Dr. Who and some ambiguous companion!

But that would certainly not fly. Tickles is the closest thing to a human you're gonna get in Land Before Time.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The aliens in 7 I could swallow, but humans? I think not. I wouldn't like to see humans in an LBT movie.

I would have really liked the rainbowfaces had it not been for their leaving by teleportation. That was cheesy by SF standards,  and really over the top by LBT standards. Had they been given a more modest departure, they could have simply passed for members of a rather advanced dinosaur civilisation trying to help out. With teleportation and faster-than-light travel, they turned out to be members of a vastly more advanced civilisation with unclear motives.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
I think that humans would drastically change the whole series.  The technology that would be placed before them would be overwhelming.  This idea has been stuck with me for awhile, but comes and goes when I watch movies that contain two variations of humans and (whatever).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I do not think that the fact that we had to swallow the rainbowfaces is any kind of argument in favor of us having to swallow humans as well. Something bad being done ought not to justify more bad stuff being conducted. Also humans would be a much more sensible breach with LBT as we know it as until the very end we could still see the rainbowfaces as dinosaurs and believe that there would be some kind of "Doc-like departure" possibly leaving questions open but without being given answers that we had to chew on so much. In case of humans the breach would be obvious from the first moment. Also having read into a lot of fanfictions in which in the end the main function of humans seems to be to introduce the art of large scale warfare and weaponry to LBT I really don't think we need that.

The "comic" you mean Kacie is from a burger king commercial. I got a sample of that one too, but it is not any actual story. It is a commercial flyer.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I knew that. I did say it was for promotion. My point was that Universal was willing to have a human interaction with Land Before Time, even if it was just a promotion. And while this does not mean there would ever be a human in LBT, what it does mean is that Universal was willing to make that kind of move.

While it's just a promotion for Burger King, I believe it still counts, as it's still official LBT material (unless you want to try to tell me that someone other than Universal endorsed and sold these, which I might add would have led to a lawsuit). To me, "official" simply refers to being endorsed or created by the copyright holder; it doesn't necessarily mean that it's canon.

For example, think of the box cover of LBT 4, the first one, where Ichy is holding binoculars. The box art is official. It's what the movie was sold in. But there were no binoculars in the movie, so they are not canon.

Your first post about "Pokemonization" of LBT made no sense to me, to be honest. Pokemon is about kids traveling the world to capture monsters (Pokemon is short for 'pocket monsters'). I have looked at a lot of LBT fanfics, and the ones that involve humans have practically no resemblance to Pokemon, at least not to the degree of "Pokemonization"; I don't see the dinos being captured and used to fight each other. :p

If you want a real example of what a "Pokemonization" of LBT would look like, there is the anime Dinosaur King. It has a somewhat Pokemon-like feel to it, the dinosaurs are used to fight each other, and there's even a bit of a Digimon Tamer feel to it as the dino cards can be slashed to enhance their fighting abilities, not to mention the dinos had elemental powers.

Again I'm not advocating humans to be in Land Before Time. What I am saying is it wouldn't be so strange after the alien departure of LBT7 (traveling through space like that would, I think, require more advanced technology than time travel), and the fact that Universal endorsed/created an instance where Littlefoot meets a human tells me that they may have been willing to do that in a movie (and no it being just a promotion doesn't change this in my opinion).

That's all I have to say for now.

guidolover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I WOULD SCREAM :anger  !!!! ( in a bad way )

it would ruin the lbt  :o  ..........

youve gotta watch that advert though ! its hilariouse ! :lol

petrie : he hasnt been eating well !

on a junk food advert ! :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
I wouldn't want humans in the official LBT franchise at all. Like never ever ever ever lol  :p