The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Movie introductions

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
One of the best things of the movies are the introductions, aren't they?  :DD
They're full of wisdom for the kids and mostly just heartwarming and nice to watch
So which ones are your favourites?

Three votes are allowed
Inactive, probably forever.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Definitely the original. The overall introduction into such a mysterious and dangerous world which was accompanied by an amazing score was just beautiful. :wub

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Lol, I may be biased, but I voted for the second one. The feeling was just so lighthearted and the song wasn't half bad. Just showing the five friends playing and having fun like children should.
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Dino-Mario

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,May 9 2013 on  02:42 PM
Definitely the original. The overall introduction into such a mysterious and dangerous world which was accompanied by an amazing score was just beautiful. :wub
I agree with you in that.My fave is the original intro too.The way the narrator speaks is just EPIC.Dinosaur and prehistoric life documentaries would do well in making introductions similar to that one

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The first and the second one. The first has this majestic feeling, and the second feels as if all the worries in the world are gone, a very fitting continuation of the Gang's entrance into the best place in the world, the Great Valley.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Lol, well the first one is obviously the best.
So I chose LBT2. It's always hearwarming to me.

After that would be LBT7 I think it was? When petrie is telling that story about the flyers.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Actually there should be three votes allowed...  :unsure:
It seems that I made something wrong... <_<

However... I chose LBT 8 because it tells us a good story at all I think. I especially like the part where the Sharptooth tries to swim...  :DD
I guess I like this one so much since LBT 8 was my undefeated favourite of all movies in my childhood(it is still my fav along with the original ^^). It was by far the most watched movie and also one of the first ones I owned.

Originally I planned to vote for the Original and for LBT 3 as well, but as I already mentioned it doesn't work the way it should  :bang
The Original is of course the best introduction. I expected most of the votes for the Original... I see I was right  :smile Thus I voted for LBT 8 since the Original already has so many votes :yes
LBT 3 has a nice introduction as well

Generally the introductions are quite good without an exception(even LBT 13's introduction is okay :P:)
Inactive, probably forever.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I choose the one from the second movie. The song is good, and the characters aren't actually singing it themselves (it is used as a background song instead). This is more realistic than having them pull a song out of thin air, in the middle of nowhere. I wish all LBT songs were like that one.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,May 9 2013 on  02:42 PM
I agree.  Although the introduction to the second film is easily my second favorite.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I know most would say the original, but I picked 2 because it felt like a great introduction to LBT as I first knew it...during the Roy Allan Smith era.