The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers

Serris · 697 · 69864

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The Cobalt soldier let loose another grenade, which stuck to the side of the bridge, and exploded. When the dust cleared, the part of the frame that was hit was blackened, but otherwise undamaged.

"That was a direct shot, and it didn't do any good!"

"We can't destroy it from here!" Shelton realized. "We need to fight our way to the bridge and either shut it down manually or C-4 its support structures!"

"It thought C-4 would cause a Chernobyl!" yelled Siberys, sniping a tank gunner with a dented rifle.

"The power levels low enough that we can risk it!" Shelton replied. "Slash! Agito! You say you have unique abilities? Mind using them by covering our flanks?"

"I think that's a bad idea!" yelled ?delwulf. "We'll be cut down before we get close!"

"We're already being cut down!" yelled a sublevel guard, as shrapnel from an explosion cut into his leg, downing him.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Suddenly, the bridge flickered and died, shortly before a part of the wall nearby blew out.  Neku and Cale stood there, their hands glowing with the energy they had drained.
"Somebody mention my name?  Now that the gate's powered down, let's take these guys apart!"
Cale yelled, forming a glass sword and shield and leaping into a group of terrorists.

Neku was right behind him, flicking his wrists and creating a storm of electricity around his enemies.

Agito and Slash looked at each other, then nodded before lunging into the fray, Agito's sleeves bristling with blades, and Slash using his invisible blades to cleave his foes apart.

Kagetora lunged around enemy groups, finally stopping and creating an arcane hand sign.
"Enryu, Dragon of Fire, grant me thy blazing rage.  Smite my foes!  Ninpo!  Art of the Inferno!"
He yelled, flames rising around him before firing as several fireballs into the enemies...

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
James sniped another gunner out a Humvee turret with his gauss rifle as Sharon poured more fire into the terrorists, mowing down several of them.

Zachary fired another RPG into an enemy Stryker, disabling but not destroying it. He reloaded and fired another shot into the disabled Stryker, destroying it.

Sharon ducked to reload as shotgun fire raked the forklift that James and her used for cover.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton ran for cover as the APC's engine was hit by tank fire, shattering the wrecked hull in a haze of black smoke. A chunk of the plating hit him between the shoulder blades, sending him sprawling. He got his grips, and crawled out of the smoke cloud, coughing.

"I swear," he choked, "After this I'm leaving America and going home!"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"You're not American?" Zachary asked, reloading his RPG and destroying a Humvee.

James used the last of his gauss rifle rounds to snipe the gunner on a Humvee. He then switched to his shotgun and killed 2 other terrorists.

Sharon darted over to Shelton. "Shelton, are you okay?"

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Aye to both," Shelton groaned, staggering to his feet. "Thanks." He ducked as a rocket shot over their heads, blowing a hole in the far wall. "The return fire doesn't seem to be getting any sparser."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Zachary peeked out from behind cover and noticed that he had destroyed several armored vehicles. "Well the vehicles are getting sparser."

James fired 4 shotgun blasts into a terrorist mass, killing at least 2 and wounding several. "But the terrorists aren't getting sparser!" He ducked behind the forklift as a shotgun blast rocked it.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Agito, Slash, and Cale spun back to rejoin the others.
"No joke.  Is there any end to these guys?"
Cale asked, frying several more enemies with lightning...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
James reloaded his shotgun and continued firing. "Where are they coming from?!"

Sharon continued firing bursts at the terrorists. A piece of shrapnel hit her but was stopped by her labcoat. "The forklift's going to give way!"

James dropped prone and crawled behind a piece of spare Humvee armor. Sharon followed.

Zachary reloaded his RPG and blew up another Humvee.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Across the hangar, behind the forgotten bridge, the third lieutenant and a team of engineers carefully attached wires which ran to a backup generator safely hidden outside the base. With the flick of a switch, the bridge flared to life again.

The second lieutenant having fallen, the fourth lieutenant took charge. "Fall back men! Through the bridge!"

"Crap!" swore Shelton. "We need to get to the bridge and defend it!" Despite himself, he picked up a fallen pistol, and accidentally shot the ceiling light out.

"Advance!" ?delwulf yelled at his remaining soldiers. "Target those attempting to escape through the bridge!"

As the remaining Pelvanida personnel dashed for the bridge, shooting all the way, Shelton took James aside. "This has made me realize a way to destroy the bridge. But I need you to guard me!"

(OOC: Starfall, don't drain the bridge's power. I need it where it is to blow it up.)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Got it!" James said.

Zachary destroyed the last enemy Stryker vehicle with his last RPG. He readied his rifle and stood by Sharon.

Sharon and Zachary obeyed ?delwulf's command and began picking off the terrorists.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton weaved his way through the m’lÈe, taking advantage of the low light. When he emerged on the other side of the hangar, he followed the wires leading outside the base. While they jogged, he explained his plan to James.

"We were so busy trying to think of how to drain the bridge of power, we never thought of a quicker and more effective solution. We could overload it! The circuits will fry, and it'll never work again!"

They emerged from two glass double-doors, and were outside the base. To their left sat the generator, guarded by a single oblivious terrorist.

"Can you take him out for me?" Shelton whispered.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
James nodded and killed the terrorist with a shotgun blast to the head. "You're clear."

James reloaded his shotgun and stood guard.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Thanks." Shelton rushed over, and confiscated a screwdriver and an allen wrench from the dead guard, and got to work.

After five minutes, he looked up. "Done. But there's gonna be excess energy left over, which will overload the inner circuitry of the bridge in what I'm guessing will conclude in a pretty nasty collapse of the entire bridge frame. Zachary and the others need to get as far away as possible in the next thirty seconds!"

(OOC: As an added bonus, the terrorists, who don't know this, will die in the collaspe.)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
James radioed the rest of his group. "Sharon, Zach get away from the hanger! You've got 30 seconds before the bridge explodes!"

He then turned to Shelton. "We'll head towards that guard post in the distance."

James then started running.

------

Inside, Zachary and Sharon obeyed James's command. They ran towards the exit of the hanger, leading into the base.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton stood there, blinked twice, and followed.

------------------

?delwulf and his remaining soldiers hasilty followed them.

"Come on, boys!" the Cobalt commander hissed over the radio, taking to his heels. "Let's blow this taco stand!"

"Sir," grinned one of his men, "sounds to me like it's gonna blow itself!"

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hans and werner ran out of the hanger behind ?delwulf.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Zachary and Sharon were inside the base.

"I hope it doesn't destroy the whole complex!" Sharon shouted.

---------

"We won't make it!" James shouted, looking at a guard post several hundred meters in the distance.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"No?" Shelton huffed and puffed behind him. "Do you know the last time I exercised like this? My mile time is 10:30!"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"You want to live?" James panted. "I sure as hell do! I've got a whole life ahead of me!" He continued running after a short break.

-------------------

Zachary and Sharon were running through the halls at a very fast rate.

"That thing will blow in like 10 seconds!" Zachary shouted.

"Head to the aux control room!" Sharon commanded.

Zachary and Sharon, breathing heavily, turned down a hall and ran towards the aux control room.