The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers

Serris · 697 · 69686

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
"Let me guess Cale is an enemy right?" the Clydesdale said, readying his M-16.

"Be careful, I have heard from Cale's scientist that he has the ability to bend light around himself and make himself seemingly disappear." James said.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Uh yeah. I can't really give a direction. However, he is in that general area." Siberys said, pointing down the way they were heading.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku looked in the direction indicated, creating an electric spiral around his free hand.
"Right.  I'll flush him out, shall I?"
He asked, a menacing look crossing his face...

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Guys," Shelton warned. "He's armed. According to his profile, he has the ability to create glass weaponry out of superheated particles, similar to lightning strikes creating fulgurites on beaches. That means his blades are easy to destroy, but, due to their unstable nature, will shoot glass shards everywhere when you bust them. Keep your eyes covered if possible.

"Also, see if you can find a water source. Excessive contact with conductible liquids will short Cale out for brief periods of time. Just make sure not to short out Neku in the process."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Roger that." James said into the radio.

The Clydesdale came across a bottle filled with saline. "I wonder if this will work against Cale."

"According to Shelton, Cale and Neku can be shorted out for a short time by conductive liquids. This should work fine, although if we do use it we must be careful to avoid hitting Neku." James replied, "Now we need to do something about his glass weapons. My lab coat should protect my arms and body but I need eye protection. I'm glad that my lab coat is acid and fireproof."

"I'll check the goggle cabinets." The Clydesdale then walked over to where a large piece of rubble blocked what appeared to be a goggle cabinet. He moved the piece of rubble aside and opened the cabinet, inside, undamaged was a set of goggles. He picked out a pair made for equines for himself and a pair of safety glasses that resembled shooting glasses for James.

He then handed the shooting glasses to James.

"We found a goggle cabinet, so if you want a pair come take one." James said.

(OOC- To get an idea of what type of goggles the Clydesdale would be wearing see this: Eye protection for police horses Only imagine that the shield fully encloses the eyes.)

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Actually, I think a saline solution would work better than water. Saline is more conductive than water. Something to do with the salt. Can we get a scientist's info on this. After we have dealt with the problem at hand, though." Siberys said, walking over to the goggles cabinet and grabbing a set that would fit him the best.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku walked over to the closet, grabbing a pair of goggles that closely resembled sunglasses, then shook his head.
"Wait a sec. Why am I so worried?  I have my Psychokinesis to fall back on.  I can just push the shards away, and I can keep the water away, too.  Oh, ah well.  Better safe than sorry, right?"
He said, grinning grimly...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton cut in.

"You're right, Siberys. Salt water has an electrical conductivity that's from 100 to 1,000 times greater than normal water. That saline solution is your Holy Grail against Cale, use it wisely."

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Werner found a pair of saftey glasses on a dead scientist and put them on. "Well we ready,' he asked james

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
James had just put on his shooting glasses. "Yep."

"Neku, do you know how we can detect this experiment?" the Clydesdale asked, "I don't want to waste either bullets or saline trying to hit him."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku nodded.
"I can try.  Siberys, which direction is he in?  I can flush him out with my lightning.  Either he'll block it, or he'll light up like a Christmas tree!"
He said, sparks flickering around his arm...

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Down the hallway in front of us. Hes on the right, but I can't tell you how far away from us he is, movements he is about to make, or what he is doing." Siberys replied.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Good enough, Neku." James replied.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku smirked.
"Right.  You guys might wanna get back.  Things are gonna get a little bright."
He said, unleashing a torrent of electricity in the direction Siberys had indicated.
Cale saw the blast coming, and in a moment, his own electrical attack met Neku's, forcing him to drop his camouflage...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"There!" James shouted.

The Clydesdale let loose a brief burst from his M-16 in the direction of Neku's lightning attack. "I think I got him!" he shouted as he changed the magazine of his weapon.

"Ok, Let's see if we can run before he gets back up." James said, "All ready?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"I'll lock the doors and cut power to the hallway once you're out," interjected Shelton. "Go!"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cale's eyes flared open, and he fried the door locks with a bolt of lightning.
"Ohhh, no.  That hurt.  So, since I'm clearly not wanted, I'll go for now.  However, let me leave you with a...parting GIFT!"
He yelled, creating thousands of glass shards and hurling them at the fleeing group.  Neku turned, knowing that he would be alright, thanks to his glasses, but then a thought hit him.
"Crap!  Dr. Joe and Snow didn't get a chance to grab protection!"
He said, more to himself, as he turned around and projected a Psychokinetic wall in front of the group, stopping the shards as they made contact, scattering them harmlessly to the floor around himself.  He stood for a second, panting, then staggered and started to fall...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Damn," breathed Shelton, trying in vain to remotely dislodge the doors. "Slain by my own sword..."

He switched radio frequencies. "To any and all surviving medical-slash-security personnel, please report to the hallway proximal to the AWTR, if at all possible."

He scanned the radar. The red dots were regrouping. Zanasiu's team was safe from terrorists for now. It was Cale they had to worry about.

Which one of them was holding the saline solution?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I've got an idea!" the Clydesdale shouted, holding up the bottle of saline.

"Go for it!" James said.

The Clydesdale ran to Cale and poured about a quarter of the bottle of saline on him. "Enjoy."

The Clydesdale ran back to the group. "Cale's out for a bit."

"Good!" James said.

They then followed the rest of the group.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cale screamed in pain as he fell to the ground, electricity crackling over his body.
"DAMN YOU!!!  You'll pay!  I swear it!!!!"
He yelled at the retreating group, curses continuing from him as Neku and the others escaped...