The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What was the deal with Ducky Spike and Petrie?

Guest · 34 · 6778

Bruton the Iguanodon

So Spike wasn't just crying cause everyone else was!!!?????? 

Nope, he genuinely felt bad because even though he didn't say anything, he made Littlefoot know by his facial expressions that he was upset.

How do you know for sure he wasn't just crying cause the rest were? It seems likely.

Sure it would have been better if they all formally apologized to him, even though Ducky barely manages one out while they are being chased by the fast biters.

Did they end up apologizing to him later offscreen?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I don't think it's likely that Spike simply cried because the others did. By that logic, you make it sound like Spike can't think for himself; he just follows everybody else. I don't think that's a fair assessment on Spike's part. Sure he's not the smartest character in the franchise, but he's certainly not the dumbest. A better example of somebody that just agrees with everybody else for the sake of doing so is Nod. He was shown a few times piggybacking off of Hyp just for the sake of it, but then Nod is arguably much dumber than Spike is.

As for the apology, it's assumed that Petrie and Spike did apologize to him off screen. Ducky is just the only one that happens to get hers out on screen. Is there any official proof that Petrie and Spike apologized off screen? No. Do we need any? Absolutely not. There is no reason why Petrie and Spike would not apologize to Littlefoot for yelling at him. It's just assumed that if Ducky did it on screen, then the other two definitely had the intention of doing so.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I don't think that was the only reason Spike cried: you see, he's almost never cried in the series before this. How many times do you recall seeing him cry before 11?

So I think it was more then just being ashamed of what he said (or didn't say) but a release of all the emotions he'd represed for nearly 11 whole films. He didn't even cry in the original, in which most of the rest of the gang did (well, did Petrie? I'm not positive)

Bruton the Iguanodon

But really this scene just felt like a scene to give Ducky, Petrie and Spike a cry, apparently cause Universal thought they were overdue for one or something...or that the series was long overdue for one in general...even though it's had like 40 crying scenes before this where they didn't have to go into Rugrats-style screaming and bawling territory  :bolt

Bruton the Iguanodon

But seriously when Petrie started crying it seemed pathetic...but then Ducky started crying to and the scene was turning into a nightmare...and just when I'm sure the one member of the gang who never cries is gonna sort the others out since he's the smartest of this trio...he comes into the picture and is sobbing too?!! :wow

And they all end up crying like there's no tommorow.

How could they?! My favorite trio? It's like they---they betrayed me!! They pretty much did to me there what they did to Littlefoot earlier on. It felt like a big, fat, in your face.... :anger :x

Spike, I sure hope that was a release of all the tears you'd been holding in for most of the first 11 movies. Cause I know you could have been the smart one and sorted your friends out. That's who you are. What we saw of you there was not.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Anyways, have I made some good points?  :add

I'm sorry, but this scene just really bothers me, for all the reasons I've already stated!  :exactly

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon, Mar 28 2012 on  07:44 AM
Anyways, have I made
some good points?

You're sometimes a difficult person, Bruton. :p

Bruton the Iguanodon

Okay, I'm sorry. It's just I'm hoping this thread will get more replies.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Didn't they have the right to be mad at Littlefoot, though? I thought they did. I liked that they all, even Ducky, managed to snap at him for once. But then they felt so guity about it that they decided to create another big water.

They shouldn't feel ashamed of themselves. What they did was perfectly rational. I love this trio and don't want them to be uncessarily hard on themselves, particularly Petrie, who already has in 7.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
They were ashamed not because they were mad at Littlefoot, but because they chased him away when he was trying to speak with them. They felt guilty of that. I doubt they were upset at themselves for being mad at him.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Ok, but they didn't need to cry so hard over it. It added uncessary drama to the film.

But in Spike's case, I think it may have been for almost not crying at all in almost 11 films. His friends were crying, and he couldn't hold it back any longer.

But in 10, they were fine. They were even happy as they were singing to him at the end. Only Grandma Longneck broke down.

Bruton the Iguanodon

And like Cera said, they could have just gone looking for him and apologized for chasing him off...but no, my favorite trio had to bring themselves down.  :cry

By that logic, you make it sound like Spike can't think for himself; he just follows everybody else.

Ducky and Petrie did this too in 4. They were gonna follow Ali but Cera said she might be lying. And what did they do? Trust their hearts and follow her anyways? Nope, they did cause Spike decided to.

Gosh, was that necessary?