The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT 5's subtitles

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Has anyone noticed the poor grammar on the subtitles between Chomper and his parents?

There should be a coma after "sure".

"Longneck" was a one word the last time I checked.

There should be a period at the end of this sentence.

I wonder if the person adding the subtitles was lazy that day?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good catch :yes Well, it looks like they didn't bother so much about grammar  :bang
Inactive, probably forever.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Shocking! Does that mean that cartoon dinosaurs can't read and write properly? :lol
No, it means that paid subtitle typers can't now that's shocking indeed ;)
Given my own rather insufficient command of comma rules, I mustn't throw stones in my very own glass house though :oops

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Well, guys... you can at least comprehend what's being said there. It's not a big deal, actually.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Honestly, as long as it's legible and gets the point across, I'm okay with it, especially in a movie setting, not to mention a kids film. But, in all honesty, those subtitles were hilarious. "Sometimes I worry about that boy...", "Something that smells like that can't taste very good anyway." Chomper's Dad seems like someone I would want to hang out with. I was dying.

On a side note, Chomper's Dad's teeth are coming right out of his lips! JEEZ. Forget the inaccuracy of the subtitles, worry about this! :p