The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Bread!

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A thread to discuss all things bread. :lol:

What are your favourite types of bread? How much bread do you eat? With what other food you eat it?

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Such a random bread! I mean....thread.  :lol
My favorite type of bread is honey and wheat. I usually eat it with spaghetti!  :p

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I only eat whole wheat. It better for you, and white bread tastes awful to me anyway. if I have the money for it, I love eating more fancy bread, like the ones with tons of grains and nuts and stuff in it.

I love grilled cheese sandwiches. :)
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I never realized how important the own kind of bread can be until my students exchange to the US. :lol
No offense to anyone, but much (not all) of the bread I ate in America was so suggared that it would qualify as candy in some parts of the world :p
I won't pretent to be much of a black bread eater, but an occasional slice especially if it comes in combination with cheese and a bit of white bread can be a real delight. With most of the stuff to be put on them I prefer rye rolls over the light wheat based ones. It doesn't hurt if there is some actuall grain attached to it either :yes

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
*puts hand up* I like bread, especially when it turns into toast.  But bread is also nice when it's not toast.  Toast just has that extra, crunchiness, non-breadness taste to it.  Then again, I like having sandwhiches as well, very tasty that is.

Er....uh....all hail the bread! :smile

Wocky

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Indeed, if it weren't for bread, sandwiches would not exist! And all sane people know that sandwiches are among the 5 great foodstuffs of the multiverse.

I love tiger bread! Not too awesome for sandwiches cuz of the crust, but tiger bread + butter...*drool*

Not to mention it has a cool name!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My most favorite is my homemade multigrain bread, but I also have other favorites:

*Pumpernickel
*Rye
*Ezekiel brand of bread
*Nine grain or higher bread

My carbs usually come from complex carbs and not refined carbs, so I very seldom consume the whiter breads and pastas.  And Malte is right, most of our store-bought bread is indeed rather sweet in flavor.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
An image would say more than my limited English vocabulary when it comes to bread.

This is pretty much the bread I eat every day. It's not white bread (can't digest that), but light brown. I usually eat it with peanut butter and chocolate sprinkles (yes, both on 1 slice) :) I eat 1 slice every morning and 2 in the afternoon, usually combined with a glass of Reduced Fat milk.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I would like to try that homemade multigrain bread, Cancerian Tiger. Do you bake your own bread? If you do, can I propose to you?  :lol  

My favourite type of bread is white (whole wheat) round bread with a thick crust. Something like this.

They are not sweet at all. But they make a lot of crumbs when you slice them.
These types of bread are very popular in the more rural parts of Croatia, like the one where I live in. In large cities people eat rolled breads, just like you Westerners do.  :smile

My family of four usually eats a kilo of bread a day. We eat it with almost all meals, even if the meal is predominantly pasta. We don't eat bread only with soup and sweet meals, like pasta with sour cream and cheese.