The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Digimon Hazard

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Good bio :3 but a seadramon would be 18+ XD
It's adult/champion level
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I think it's sometimes easy to forget this, since I don't think the dub addresses it that much (not sure about the original japanese version though), but each stage of digivolution represents an age. The further a digimon digivolves, the older it actually becomes.

Fresh: Baby
In-Training: Toddler
Rookie: Child
Champion: Adult
Ultimate: Middle Age
Mega: Elderly

So whenever a digimon digivolves or dedigivolves, they are basically changing their age each and every time.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The age could be used to describe how old they are mentally.  Like the Tamer's universe Guilmon would be described as about 12-14.  While Terriermon would be considerably older.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've not seen all the dubbed episodes but it seems some digimon seem about the same through all their digivolutions, some seem to mature through the stages.  & there may be some like Dorumon who is the same all through his, except for if crises is bad enough for him to digivolve to Alphamon instead of the alternate then his personality is very mature, otherwise it seems he's the same as Dorumon's personality.  Though with his movie I've only seen a fan subtiled and some of a fan dubbed.

Anyway it should be up to the Gm of this thread, and maybe each of the individual players, depending on what the Gm says how things work for this thread.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Well, I changed the Digimon to Betamon because Seadramon is also bigger in size and Betamon would have less problems to be inside a house and would fit the bios better, hehehe. My mistake as I was thinking in Seadramon when I was writting the bios :smile .

All of you have good points about Digimons' behavior depending on the stage, but I don't see it as a rule written on stone as it might still allow for some freedom for Digimon personalities.

Latin spanish dubbing was based directly on the japanese version so I saw the series with the original soundtrack and dialogues. So Darkhououmon is more correct if we figure that Wormmon had a normal child-like voice in japanese and spanish instead of the elderly voice he had in the english dubbing. But I never saw Mega-level Digimons as elderly, but as still young adults with more power granted to fight for whatever cause that Digimon defends.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Good bio, glad to see you rejoined :)
I take it everyone's ready? I'll post the thread up sometime today

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thread up

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just realized you had two Digimon Starfall

Pick one, not two

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The other one isn't introduced yet, but she will be.  She's not actually a partner Digimon, either.  She travels with them, but she can't get card boosts, nor digivolve.  She's going to be mostly a support character/generally the "people digimon" of the three.  

Oh, and also, Yosuke is pretty much always going to be in his Champion form unless he runs dry on power.  So he'll be the group equivalent to Gatomon from Adventure.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I... suppose that's acceptable?

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
She'll fill the role of Neemon/Bokomon or something like that.  She can fight, but she's mostly a good social companion for the time being.  Given that Yosuke's a cynical kind of jerk, and Makoto doesn't really like interacting with others... yeah, she's kind of their bridge with the other tamers.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright then :)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was going to explain the whole detail of the swords, but since it would just be ignored, then whatever.  I'll have something kill off my characters.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You can still keep the swords, since the last page is being revised you can just say they're from the Digital World from a fallen enemy

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, but that makes less sense than what I had in mind, so whatever.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Explain your idea here then

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The general idea is that Makoto has been misinformed.  

The "Old Man" is actually a member of the same group as Genna, that some how ended up on Earth.  That would be why he knows so much about swords, etc.  Also, yes, Makoto's swords are both made of Chrome Digizoid, and there will be a third on that'll be important later.

Also, I had the idea that the whole of the Digital world has been around as long as, if not longer, than the human world.  However, until the Monster Makers, nobody thought to look for it or even that such a thing existed.   However, there have always been "tears" that happen throughout time, explaining things like mirages, hallucinations, and why things in ancient history have occasionally come up as anachronistic.  Ancient UFO's, ideas that were far ahead of their times, even things like the basics of myths.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm working off S3, not a recreation/improvised version
Gennai is non existent in S3 unless he somehow manages to pull a Ryo which I doubt he would go out of his way to do when he already has a world to watch over