The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

The Most Visually Stunning Sequel

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
Which of the sequels do you think look the best in terms of visuals? For me it's a tie between The Great Longneck Migration and Journey of the Brave.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 03:48:17 PM by LittleDas75 »

Rattymon

• Chomper
    • View Profile
While both of those look really good, I would say the best looking is The Big Freeze. Gorgeous animation and very minimal CGI make it a beauty, in my opinion!  :^^spike

I also love the cel animated ones!   :Dducky

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
While both of those look really good, I would say the best looking is The Big Freeze. Gorgeous animation and very minimal CGI make it a beauty, in my opinion!  :^^spike

I also love the cel animated ones!   :Dducky
Besides the weird faces, The Big Freeze is very gorgeous looking indeed.

Rattymon

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I'm not sure what you mean by "weird faces". :thinking

Are you talking about the spiketail with the big eye?

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
No the overly expressive faces like the famous angry Ducky face.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

00not_nathan00

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • instagram
I would say one of the cleanest sequels animation wise would be XI. very smooth shading on the underwater sequences same with the night scenesjust a very nice movie to watch.   
Still waiting for the bluth cut

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I would say one of the cleanest sequels animation wise would be XI. very smooth shading on the underwater sequences same with the night scenesjust a very nice movie to watch.   
Do you mean IX? I don't remember there being any underwater scenes in Invasion of the Tinysauruses.

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
There’s something stunning about TLBT V that I like.  There’s just so many visually beautiful backgrounds throughout the movie like the shot of the island that we see for the first time in the movie.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
There's something about the way The Great Day of the Flyers looks that I really like.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
There's something about the way The Great Day of the Flyers looks that I really like.
Agreed. I always did think that they did a lot of elaborate stuff with the animation here (and I mean that in a good way). Some of the sequences at the end, like the log scene, the Sharptooth encounter, and the Day of the Flyers celebration, looked really good.

Sporeguy97

• Ruby
  • just a guy who likes LBT and astronomy
    • View Profile
Both The Great Day of the Flyers and the great longneck migration are just stunning to look at and it's why LBT is such a special series to me :)petrie
It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

— Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot, 1994