The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time: Sharptooth Valley II

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(It’s finally here: The Long-awaited sequel to Sharptooth Valley. Like Part 1, this story will be 40-some chapters, and I have pretty much the entire plot figured out. I want to thank GVG, Dark Hououmon, and everyone else who helped me with Part 1 and for all the SV fans out there.)

Prologue:

(Note: The prologue is told in Chomper’s perspective, but the rest of the story will be told in the format of the original.)

Oh, hey there. You probably already know me, my name is Chomper. I’m a sharptooth.  Yeah, the top of the foodchain, and the bottom of the popularity chain among leafeaters.  About a cold time ago, I used to live in their home, the Great Valley.  But since they saw I was getting bigger, they told me to leave, and I couldn’t blame them. I met up with my parents, and continued my life in the Mysterious Beyond.  Even though I had a few friends of my kind, I still felt lonely. So one time before I took I nap, I said I wished I had more sharpteeth friends…and little did I know, I happened to be leaning on the Stone of Cold Fire when I said so. When I woke up, reality had changed.

I was back in the Great Valley, except all my friends who were once flatteeth were now sharpteeth!  It was a whole new world, one where sharpteeth weren’t fighting, they were getting along for once! But there were still problems. Redfoot, who you may know as Redclaw, tried to poison all the sharpteeth to death, but me and some of my friends stopped him.  But there was also Rinkus and Sierra with their gang of evil flyers who wanted to take over the world. There had hurt so many dinosaurs of both kinds, including killing my friend Ruby’s family members! We managed to beat them, and in the process the Stone of Cold Fire was destroyed.

Shortly after that I met Mage, a rainbowface with magical powers who had been trapped inside the Stone. He and I became good friends, and he still can use some magic to help me out from time to time.  But after all this, there was one thing I still couldn’t believe……

That this was only the beginning of the adventure.

(There’s the start, Read and review, as always!)

COMING SOON, on the first couple chapters of Sharptooth Valley II: The gang goes to find Terri’s missing shiny stone, Greg runs away in attempt to stop his parents from arguing, Mage has an encounter with Tricia, and when Cera and Tricia get swept away by a flood, they catch a brief glimpse of the cult mentioned in the teaser trailer posted on GOF.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Eheh, smooth move on the opening summary of anterior events. Keep up the good work from the last one, brek.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Lets hope we will not have to wait long for first chapter. ;)
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If all the leaf eaters are now sharpteeth... wouldn't they be constantly hungering for the flesh of other dinosaurs?  All those pretty scenes where the gang is eating wouldn't be so pretty anymore lol.

Either way I would like to read this when you post it.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Here we go, chapter number 1!)

Chapter 1: A Typical Morning

There’s one sight everyone in the world is used to seeing: the sunrise.  The Bright Circle was rising one morning over the Great Valley, and all the sharpteeth there were starting to wake up.

Ducky was the first of the Gang of Nine (Remember that Guido and Tippy are now honorary members) to wake up. The swimming sharptooth could see her siblings swimming around, but soon she saw Spike lying on the ground. “Wake up Spike, it’s morning, it is, it is,” Ducky called to the young belly dragger.

Spike yawned, still tired, but he managed to stay awake. Almost immediately, he went over to the breakfast Ducky’s mother had caught earlier. “That’s our Spike, always hungry,” Ducky laughed slightly, and swam off to find her other friends.

In another part of the valley, a young t-rex was waking up. “Sleep well Littlefoot?” Grandma Sharptooth asked.

“Yeah Grandma, I did,” Littlefoot replied. Littlefoot’s grandfather gave a little smirk.

“Glad to hear, because we have some visitors.” He said. Littlefoot looked surprised. “Who?” he asked.

“Hey bro,” Shorty said, suddenly appearing behind Littlefoot. Littlefoot jumped.

“Shorty! Mom! Dad! When did you guys get here?” the little sharptooth asked.

“Just last night dear,” Saura smiled to her younger son.  “Yeah, we’ve come to stay here for a month or two,” Shorty added, “So maybe I can prove to you I’m a better hunter.” “Hey!” Littlefoot laugh, and a small tussle began.

Elsewhere, a family of fast biters had just woken up. “I’m going to go play with my friends,” Cera announced to Veli and Cira.

“Take care sweety,” Cira said, and just before Cera left, another voice spoke up.

“Bye Cera,” said….Tricia?! Cera, Veli, and Cira all gasped.

“Veli….Tricia just spoke her first word!” The fast biter mother said proudly.

“That’s my girl!” Veli said, nuzzling his daughter. Cera was surprised and happy by this too, but she knew this meant one thing.

“Oh great, now she’ll get all the attention for a while,” Cera thought with a sigh in her mind.  She could see her parents hoping they’d get more words out of Tricia.

“Say mama,” Cira said, hoping Tricia would be able to get the words out of her mouth.

“Muh-muh,” Tricia mouthed, the closet she could get.  Cira was overjoyed.

“I’m going to go play with my friends now,” Cera announced again. She than developed a theory, and decided to test it. “Oh yeah, and I’m going to beat Littlefoot up,” she made up.

“Ok dear, be back before the Bright Circle goes down,” Veli said.  “Of course….” Cera laughed a bit, having just been proven right.

A little higher up, a family of sharptoothed fliers slowly awoke.  “This could be my chance,” Petrie whispered to himself. He cared for his siblings, but they had a tendency, even the older ones, to get on his nerves from time to time.

“Morning Petrie,” Glider called. “Race ya to the waterhole!”

“Not now Glider,” Petrie replied to his sister. Glider laughed.

“I thought you were into stunts!” she retorted. “A simple race isn’t really a stunt,” Petrie retorted. Glider grunted a bit. “See you around then,” she said, and Petrie nodded and flew off.

In another part of the valley, in Sharptooth’s cave, Ruby was gently nudged awake by the leader of the Great Valley.  “Uh…I’m up,” the fast biter said weakly, but she soon regained her energy.

“You know it can be bad to sleep in sometimes,” Sharptooth smiled slightly, and Ruby laughed a bit.

“I know, see ya around!” Ruby waved, and ran off.

And finally, last but certainly not least, Chomper woke up in his family’s cave, eager to start the day.  He could see his parents were still asleep, so he decided not to disturb them. “Morning,” he whispered, and quickly gave his parents a kiss and ran off.

Terri’s eye opened just in time to see Chomper disappear into the valley. “He’s growing up so fast,” she said to Dein, who had woken up himself.

“He is growing more independent,” Dein said, doing his morning stretches, “But don’t worry, he’ll be a part of our hunting pack soon,” he assured his mate.

“I know, I know…” Terri replied.
On the way to the waterhole, in a small section of the GV where Chomper was by himself, Mage magically appeared beside him. “Top of the morning to you Chomper,” the magic rainbow face said.

Chomper jumped a bit, surprised by Mage’s appearance. “I really should learn to see that coming,” he laughed.  “So where have you been? I haven’t seen you for a couple of days.”

“I’ve been out exploring in the Mysterious Beyond,” Mage replied. “See anything cool?” asked Chomper.  “Nothing special really, except for one thing,” the rainbow face commented.

“What was it?” asked Chomper.

“I noticed an extremely big hole a short distance away from the Great Valley…it looked like it lead somewhere, but I decided not to go down, you know what they say…curiosity killed the clubtail.”

“But you’re magic,” joked Chomper.  H and Mage shared a laugh.

“You’re right, see you around,” Mage said, and teleported away.

AT THE WATERHOLE………

Most of the gang had gathered.  “You look upset Cera,” Littlefoot commented.

“Tricia spoke her first word today,” Cera revealed.  “Really? That’s great,” smiled Guido, the sharpbeak sitting on a nearby tree branch.

“Now for the next cold time I’m sure she’s all my dad and Cira will talk about,” the fast biter sighed.

“Don’t worry Cera, I’m sure your parents will still pay attention to you, they will, they will,” Ducky said.

“I heard Mr. Belly Dragger is looking for an apprentice,” Littlefoot said, having overheard this from Growley a few days ago.

“What’s an apprentice?” asked Ducky.

“Oh, someone who takes over in your claw prints when you can’t work any more,” Ruby said.  “Mr. belly Dragger is getting old, I can understand why.”

Chomper arrived, and Tippy soon appeared. “Sleep well guys?” Chomper asked his friends.

“Yeah,” they all replied.  It truly was a normal morning that day.

But soon, the gang’s lives would become anything but normal.

(There’s chapter 1, Read and Review! Like SV 1, the first couple of chapters won’t have much action, just to let you readers know.)

• Spike
    • View Profile

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Good chapter. Give us more of it. ;)
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I like the way this is shaping up. Keep up the good work!

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Thanks for the reviews guys!)

Chapter 2: Rock Around The Valley

Terri, Cira, and Tera had agreed to meet up at their usual hangout: the mud pools. Cira arrived there with a smile on her face, which her friends instantly knew why she had that expression on her face.

“I heard about Tricia,” Terri smiled to the mother fast biter.

“Me and Veli knew her first word was coming soon, but we didn’t expect it to happen first thing in the morning,” Cira said in reply.

“I remember Chomper’s first word was mama,” Terri recalled, “The one every mother wants it to be.”

“Petrie’s was Me hungry,” Tera said. “It was cute, but luckily I was able to teach him proper grammar soon afterwards.” The 3 mothers shared a laugh.

BACK WITH THE GANG………

Ruby looked up at the sky. “Whatcha thinking about Ruby?” Chomper asked.

Ruby looked at Chomper. “I wonder if Zidane’s okay,” the fast biter girl said.  It had been a while since Ruby told Zidane she didn’t require his services as a bodyguard anymore.

“I’m sure he’s ok, and that he’s helping protect someone out in the Mysterious Beyond,” Chomper assured.  “Thanks Chomper,” Ruby said in reply.

At the same time, Tippy was eating her breakfast.  Spike, who was currently in his second breakfast, looked over at her.  A few feet away, someone else was doing the same thing.

“What are you looking at Guido?” Tippy asked curiously, noticing the sharpbeak looking at her.

Guido gulped nervously, trying to think of a response.  Truth be told, he still wasn’t able to tell Tippy about his feelings for her. “Um…uh…that tree! That’s an interesting tree, isn’t it?”

Tippy looked at the tree. “Tippy doesn’t think it’s that interesting, but if Guido likes it, that’s okay by Tippy,” the belly dragger said. Guido laughed a bit and continued eating, feeling embarrassed though.

BACK WITH THE MOTHERS………

After a nice relaxing hour in the mud pools, Cira, Terri, and Tera were heading back to the main part of the valley.  Tera then saw that Terri was holding something in her claw.

“What’s that?” Tera asked, noticing light reflect off it.

“Oh, it’s that shiny stone Chomper got for me a while back, I still think it was a very kind gesture,” the mother sharptooth replied.  Just then, Cira’s ears caught a noise.

“You girls here something?” she asked her friends.  An explanation was soon provided.

“Watch out!” called Tera, as she caught sight of a big tree that had been uprooted because of erosion falling towards them.  

Cira and Terri quickly moved out of the way. However, the sheer suddenness of this movement caused Terri to nearly trip, and in the process, the shiny stone slipped out of her hand.

“Oh crap!” she called, noticing this, but it was too late. The stone had fallen into the river, where unfortunately for her, the current was strong today. “I can’t reach it!”

Tera tried to grab it, but I was hard to as the stone kept getting pushed away fast and faster.  “We have to get it,” Terri said, “I don’t want to tell Chomper I lost it.”

BACK WITH THE GANG………

Cera could see her father off in the distance carrying Tricia on his back, obviously informing other inhabitants of the Great Valley about Tricia’s first words.  “Don’t be envious of her Cera,” Ruby advised, “Sharptooth told me being jealous is a bad thing.”

“I’m not jealous,” Cera replied, though her tone didn’t suggest that.

Elsewhere, Mage was trying out a new spell he had thought of.  He picked up a few pebbles off the ground and tossed them into the sky. Very swiftly, he chanted a spell and small magic beams emitted from his fingertips and hit the rocks. Each of the pebbles turned into a dragonfly.

“The beauty of the world….” He said to himself. Then he overheard a heard of rexes coming back from their morning hunt, Growley and Littlefoot’s grandparents among them.  “Better get out of here,” he said to himself.

With a snap of his claws and a silent chant, he teleported himself a little distance away.

Back with the gang, Shorty was swimming in the waterhole. “Hard to believe last time I came here we nearly got poisoned to death…” he muttered with a shiver.
“Please don’t remind us Shorty, oh no no no,” Ducky said.  

“Sorry,” apologized Shorty.

“Hey Chomper,” Littlefoot said, tapping him on his shoulder, “Isn’t that your mom, Cira, and Petrie’s mom over there?”

The gang looked in the direction Littlefoot was pointing and could see the 3 parents running along the river, as if they were looking for something. “Huh….that’s weird,” remarked Chomper.

“Probably nothing related to us,” figured Petrie. The rest of the Gang of Nine nodded in agreement.  Shorty got up out of the water.

“I’m gonna go find a buzzer’s nest, anyone wanna come?” he asked. Littlefoot walked up.

“Bet I’ll find one first...” he laughed. “You’re on!” Shorty retorted, and the sharptooth brothers ran off.

Back with the group of parents, Tera tried to swoop in to grab the shiny stone again.

“Can you reach it?” asked Cira. But as she asked this question, a whirlpool was approaching.

“Oh great…” muttered Terri.  Sure enough, the powerful swirling waters engulfed the shiny stone, taking it down into the depths.

“Now we’ll never find it,” Tera said annoyed. “When it’s underwater, we won’t be able to see the shinyness it has, and even if we stepped into it, we’d never be able to make out which rock was that shiny stone.”

Terri frowned a bit. “And Chomper was so intent on winning that for me too,” the mother rex grumbled.

MEANWHILE………

The hunting party was going over the success they had that day.  “Those clubtails put up a fight that time,” Grandpa Sharptooth said. Growley came up. “Yeah, but that’s not the biggest surprise I saw,” he remarked.

“What do you mean?” Grandpa S. asked.

“Remember how we saw a lot of deep holes in the ground? I swear…I thought I heard voices down one.”

Grandma Sharptooth laughed a bit. “You must be hearing things,” she said, “You’ve been paranoid ever since those flatteeth damaged your sniffer.”

“You’re right, it’s probably nothing,” Growley figured.

BACK WITH THE GANG…….

The group was playing another game of Pine Cone.  It was Petrie, Spike, and Chomper Vs. Ruby, Cera, and Tippy. The score was tied at 4-4, and Petrie swooped down to grab the pine.

“Get ready Chomper!” Petrie called, tossing it with all his might.  However, the pine cone was shot over his teammate’s head, allowing Ruby to grab it.

“My turn!” she called, scooping it up.

But then Spike dove into action, knocking the cone out of the fast biter’s hands. Using his mighty belly dragger tail, he tried to knock it towards the goal, but he accidentally put too much strength into the swipe.

The pinecone completely overshot the goal and landed in the waterhole.

“I’ll get it,” Chomper called to his friends, and jumped into the water. But right after he jumped in, Chomper felt something hit his foot. “Huh, what the?”

SOME TIME LATER……

Dein was taking a nap in his cave when Terri showed up. “How was your day dear?” he asked his mate.

“Kind of lousy,” Terri replied, “I lost that shiny stone Chomper got me.”

“I’m sure he won’t mind that much,” Dein assured, “He’ll know you just made a mistake.”

“I know, but…” Terri replied. Just then, Terri noticed her son coming up.  “Oh hey mom and dad,” Chomper waved with a smile.

“Hi son,” Dein and Terri called back. “Um Chomper, I think there’s something I should tell you…” Terri began to say.

“What? That you lost that shiny stone I won for you mom?” Chomper asked.

“How’d you know?” Terri asked puzzled.  “Because I found it,” Chomper replied.

“Where?” she asked, surprised yet pleased. “In the waterhole, it must’ve drifted there from wherever you dropped it,” Chomper responded. “I found it when I was playing with my friends.”

Terri was delighted to how this problem resolved itself.  Just then, Chomper yawned. “I’m gonna take a nap,” he announced.

“Sure thing,” Dein replied. Chomper lied on the ground, ready to dream.

Little did he know, this would we be the first of many bizarre sleep stories to come for quite some time….

(There’s chapter 2, Read and Review!)

Next time on Sharptooth Valley 2: Mage accidentally bumps into Tricia, and he tries his best to make sure the baby biter doesn’t give away his location….with comedic results.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Chapter 3: Mage and the Fast Biter

IN CHOMPER’S DREAM……..

“This looks familiar…” Chomper commented, walking around some area in the Mysterious Beyond. “I know I’ve been here before.”  Suddenly, Chomper saw something he wasn’t expecting.

Rory, Rita, and Myra suddenly appeared….in their original sharptooth forms! “Where’ve you been Chomper?” Rory asked, “You’ve been napping for a while.”

“Ok, this has to be a sleep story,” Chomper realized mentally, but he felt intrigued: Even though he thought about the past reality many times since he made his wish, he never actually had a sleep story about it.

“Myra and Rita just challenged you and me to another round of Pine Cone,” Rory said to Chomper, “I trust you won’t get distracted this time?”

“Don’t worry, I won’t,” Chomper grinned, going along with this dream.  Besides, Ruby was the only girl who could capture his attention easily now.

Myra and Rita gave each other a high-five.  “Don’t count your hatchlings before they hatch boys,” Myra taunted, “That’ll ensure your defeat.”

“Same thing to you two,” Chomper replied with a smug grin.

Rita and Myra’s confidence did not seem to down any bit. “Bet you 5 crawlers we win!” Rory announced.

“Consider that a deal,” Myra nodded.  The 4 friends continued to the little Pine Cone arena they played in back in the prologue of the original Sharptooth Valley.  The pine was put in the center of the playing field.

“We’ll let you guys get it first,” smirked Rita.  “You’ll regret letting us have it,” Rory laughed.

Chomper grabbed it and began to charge toward Rita and Myra’s goal. “Let me handle this,” Rita whispered to Myra.

“Go for it,” Myra encouraged.  Rita ran toward the dashing Chomper and let out a smile, however, for the first time in that reality…it didn’t work!

Chomper ran past Rita and made it to the goal, scoring him and Rory a point. “Yes!” Rory said, doing a fist-pump.

“Chomper!” Terri’s voice called. “There are things you still have to do…” But before anything else could happen next, Terri’s voice began echoing, and everything went dark.

“Things you still have to do….things you still have to do….things you still have to do,” the voice kept repeating.

“What’s going on?” Chomper asked, and suddenly he felt a shake.

Then he awoke, back in his family’s cave in the wish-altered reality. “That was very weird….” Chomper commented, rubbing his eyes. He noticed that the Bright Circle had gone down, and his parents were asleep. “Oh well,” he shrugged.

THE NEXT MORNING……….

Cira and Veli were getting ready to hunt, as it was the fast biters’ turn to do the major hunting for that day.  “Cera, mind watching your sister for the day?” Cira asked.

“Sure mo…I mean Cira,” Cera replied. Cera didn’t want to admit, but the more time went on, the more Cira felt like her actually mom, even though Cera knew she wasn’t.

“Don’t let her out of your sight,” Veli added sternly. He still remembered that Tricia got kidnapped last time by Rinkus and Sierra partially because Cera wasn’t watching her.  

“Don’t worry,” Cera assured honestly.

“See you around girls,” Cira waved, and she and Veli set off.  Tricia walked over to Cera and climbed on her back.

“Sistuh,” the little fast biter chirped.  Cera’s previous jealousy began to melt.

“Ah, I can’t stay made at you,” Cera giggled, nuzzling her little sister. “Come on, let’s go see what my friends are up to.” However, right after that, Tricia yawned, clearly still sleepy.

“Hmm….some of my friends’ families are close by,” Cera strategized in a whisper, “Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if you stayed in the nest and took a nap.” Cera knew her baby sister was a deep sleeper, and that her parents would be out longer than she would be playing with her friends, so there would be no harm in letting her sleep in the nest.

“Have a nice nap sister,” Cera said, gently setting her down.  “Time to go beat Littlefoot and Chomper in a swimming race!”

Indeed, Chomper and Littlefoot had challenged Cera with this little race yesterday. Littlefoot was wide awake and excited for the race, but he noticed chomper had an odd expression on his face. “Something wrong Chomper?” the young sharptooth asked.

“Nothing, just had a weird sleep story,” Chomper responded.

“I hope it wasn’t a bad one,” Ruby said, “But if it was, I’ll help you feel better.”

“Thanks Ruby,” Chomper smiled at his girlfriend’s comment.  “Hey boys!” Cera called, the fast biter jumping into the water.

“We’ve been waiting for you Cera,” Littlefoot said. “What took you?”

“Oh nothing,” responded Cera, eager to whoop their butts in a swimming race, all 3 of them had been giving lessons on how to swim better by Ducky.

MEANWHILE, NEAR CERA’S FAMILY NEST………

That part of the Great Valley was currently pretty much empty.  So Mage decided this was the perfect place to take a stroll.  But there was still one thing bugging him in his mind.

“What were those holes I saw earlier about?” he thought to himself. This little dilemma was distracting him, preventing him from noticing a rather high tree root right in his path.

“Whoa!” Mage went, the rainbow face spirit tripping and falling flat on his face. “I should have seen that coming,” he muttered embarrassed, now he was glad for two reasons that no one saw him. Unfortunately, someone did this time however…

AT THE WATERHOLE…..

“Go Go Go!” Ducky called, serving as the referee for this race and waited at the opposite end of the racing path she had come up with.  Chomper, Littlefoot, and Cera used all the muscles in their arms to get them swimming.

“The leafeaters can’t say our arms are scrawny now!” Chomper smiled between strokes, taking the lead.

“But you can’t say your arms are stronger than mine!” Cera laughed, picking up the pace.

“We’ll see about that Cera,” Littlefoot called, now wanting to fall behind. It was anyone’s race at this point.

BACK WITH MAGE……….

“Oh hi there,” Mage smiled nervously to little Tricia, who had been awoken by the sound of him falling.  Mage had a few problems. His self-teleporting spell could only work a couple of times a week, and he had used all of them up by now. And if Tricia made his presence known to the other sharpteeth, even if he got away, it would be tricky to spend a lot of time in one location, as Tricia will have memorized his scent.

Tricia walked up and sniffed Mage, an innocent smile still on her face. “You are kinda cute though,” Mage admitted, patting her on the head. Even though Tricia was a fast biter, she was still very young, so Mage could easily outrun her, no magic needed. “See ya.”

Mage started to run off, but Tricia made some relatively loud noises suggesting “Come back please!”  

“Something wrong little one?” Tera asked, flying overhead. Mage managed to jump behind some trees before Tera could look down.  Tricia shrugged “No” with her arms. Tera then flew off.

“That was close…” Mage breathed relieved.  He tried to walk off again, but Tricia made more noise. “This isn’t working,” he thought to himself. “I have to try something else.”

He walked closer to Tricia, and she stopped making noise. Mage still had some magic in him for the day, and he thought of a plan. “Hungry?” he smiled, chanting a spell at a few pebbles. A small magic beam shot from his claw and turned the pebbles into dragonflies.

Tricia licked her lips at the sight of food, not seeing the way they were created.  Mage tried to use this opportunity to sneak off.

AT THE RACE……..

Cera had taken the lead. “Fast biters are the fastest on land and water!” she bragged loudly, quickly very hard with her feet.  Chomper and Littlefoot grinned at each other.

“But a good combination of arm and feet strength is always useful,” Chomper laughed, the two young t-rexes, adding more upper body energy, causing gigantic splashes with their paddles.

“I can’t see!” Cera called, the mini-rain falling in front of her. Littlefoot and Chomper were finally catching up.

“And the winner is…” Ducky began, the victor would be decided any second. Spike, Tippy, Petrie, Guido, and Shorty were all watching the race. Shorty had set up a little bet on the side, whoever won would win lots of buzzers for whoever bet on that racer, and whoever didn’t win the bet had to get those buzzers.

NEAR CERA’S NEST…….

Tricia finished the dragonflies off faster than Mage had hoped, so that method proved to be insuccesful. He soon thought of another plan. “Maybe if I can get her to laugh a lot, maybe she’ll stop making noises whenever I try to leave,” he figured.  He walked over to Tricia and stared at her.
“Let’s try funny faces,” age said silently to himself.  He stuck his tongue out, put his claws in his mouth, and make funny noises, but much to Mage’s surprise…Tricia did not seem to find this funny in the least.

“Ooh, this is unexpected,” Mage muttered nervously.  He tried another funny face, but to no avail.  “What can make a baby fast biter laugh?” he silently asked to himself.

As he was pondering what to do, Mage was walking in circles, and before he could realize it, he accidentally tripped on the same tree root from earlier. “Ooomph!” he yelled, hitting the ground.  Suddenly, Tricia began laughing. “Oh you got to be joking me,” Mage laughed surprised.

AT THE WATERHOLE…..

“It’s a tie, it is, it is!” Ducky announced. “Nuts,” said Shorty, who betted on his brother to win.

“No way,” Cera panted surprised, “I thought for sure I was going to win!”  “Maybe with more lessons you can win Cera,” Ducky offered.

“I’ll think about that,” Cera responded.

MEANWHILE……..

Mage had finally figured out the secret to making Tricia laugh: He had to keep accidentally (but in this case deliberately) hurt himself. Over the next 10 minutes, he kept on purposely slipping, running into trees, and falling off small caps. “This is so humiliating, at least no one’s watching,” Mage muttered to himself.

But soon his chance had finally came.  After a bit, Tricia was heard yawning. “Nigh nigh,” she yawned in sharptooth and walked over to her nest for a nap.

“Well, all’s well that ends well,” Mage smiled to himself as he saw Tricia finally doze off. He quickly used a spell to heal his minor injuries and ran off, safely avoiding detection.

LATER THAT NIGHT……

After his parents had gone to sleep, Chomper went to say hi to Mage. The magical rainbow face was waiting right outside. “Do anything interesting today?” Chomper asked.

“You probably don’t want to know my friend,” Mage chuckled.

(There’s Chapter 3, Read and Review, I hope you enjoyed it.)

Next time on Sharptooth Valley II:  The scene switches over to Flattooth Valley, where Greg tries to come up with a way to stop all the arguing between his mom and dad. Will he be successful in his efforts to keep his family from falling apart?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Thanks for all your comments guys!)

Chapter 4: Family Feud Part 1

SOMEWHERE A DISTANCE AWAY FROM THE GREAT VALLEY….

Flattooth Valley was also bustling with activity.  There had been a few good rain storms over the past few weeks, so a fresh supply of green food had been growing. Rita the longneck was gathering some for her friends.

“Come on, come on…” she said, ramming into a tree to knock down a few loose ones. Her efforts were proving to be in vain until a big longneck showed up.

“Need some help dear?” Julie asked her daughter.

“Yeah, thanks mom,” Rita responded.  Julie took down some treestars, and Rita put them on her back, and took off.

Rory, Myra, and Mo had pretty much recovered from the Rinkus and Sierra incident. The two threehorns had promised to meet each other by the biggest tree in the valley. Rory told Myra he had a surprise prepared, but she had no idea what it was.

The surprise was this: Rory had found the biggest tree star he could find, and was chewing it carefully. He wasn’t intending to eat it, he had something more practical planned. “Let’s see….I should make it curve here, make it less pointy,” he said, biting it into a specific shape.

“Whatcha doing Rory?” Greg asked, the young spiketail asked, walking up.

“Making something for Myra,” Rory responded.  “What are you making?” Greg asked again.

“I’m trying to make this treestar look like a heart,” Rory explained, “Could you give me a hand?”

“Sure buddy,” Greg smiled, and went to chew on it the way Rory instructed.  

“Ok, just carefully eat the edge, and it should be done,” Rory grinned, however, something unprecedented happened. Greg started eating the treestar whole! “Greg!” Rory said, slightly frustrated.

“Sorry, sorry,” Greg apologized embarrassed. “I worked on that for half an hour, and I’m seriously getting worried about how much green food you eat a day,” Rory said.

“What do you mean?” Greg asked.
“I mean, even for a spiketail, you sure do eat a lot, and didn’t your parents tell you that eating food that isn’t yours kind of rude?”

Greg suddenly looked bothered. “Yeah, my parents...” he laughed.

FLASHBACK…..

Despite showing signs of an improvement after defeating the evil flyers, Dil and Ichy’s relationship stayed on a constant downhill spiral. Both of them did care deeply about Greg, but their constant fighting really perplexed the minds of all the other flatteeth with one thought: Why on Earth do these two still live together?

Elsewhere, Strut was sitting next to a tree, doing some meditation. Although times had been peaceful, he had felt winds of uncertainty.  “Why?” He kept asking himself. “Why do I feel that all this is not over?”

NEAR THE FLATTOOTH VALLEY WATERHOLE….

Rita, Myra, and Mo were exploring the outer walls of the valley.  “I’m glad I’m not afraid of heights,” Myra said, looking down as they walked across a thin platform.

“Same here sister,” Mo said. “I’m not your sister!” Myra responded.

“We should be getting back down soon,” Rita said to Myra, “Rory told you he had a surprise ready, right?”

“Correct,” responded Myra.

Rory, meanwhile, was acting fast so he could quickly make another heart-shaped treestar, Greg being careful not to eat it this time.  “We have to hurry Greg, I don’t want Myra to be disappointed!”

“Gotcha,” Greg replied, and just as he did, Dil walked up. “Oh hello mom,” Greg smiled to the big spiketail.

“Hello sweetie,” Dil responded, “Is there anything I can help you with?” “Could you help us make this treestar into the shape of the heart?” Greg asked.

“Of course,” Dil said to her son, “Unlike your father, I’m always glad to help you out.”

Greg sighed at his mother’s comment, but appreciated her assistance.

Meanwhile, Ichy was gliding around the valley, looking for a gift for Greg’s upcoming star day.  He wanted to be sure he could get something better than Dil ever could.  “I know sweet bubbles are his favorite,” Ichy muttered, looking for trees that contained the aforementioned treat.
He eventually caught sight of some hanging from branches. “Here we go!” the glider grinned, trying to climb up the tree, but Ichy’s wings hindered his progress.

“This is one of those days I wish I was a regular flyer…” Ichy grumbled, slipping back to the ground.  This was not going to be easy.

IN REDFOOT’S CAVERN………

The mighty longneck was keeping to himself, but not for meditation like Thud. His involvement in the defeat of Rinkus and Sierra helped restore some respect for him, but the whole “poisoning the sharpteeth” incident who not be removed from some of the Valley inhabitant’s minds.

He looked out and saw Rita, Mo, and Myra running by. He let out a small smile, as they have seemed to forgive him, even though they had a pivotal part in his overall downfall.

AT THE FLATTOOTH WATERHOLE……

It was a rush job, but Rory managed to complete his project. “I hope Myra likes it,” he said to Greg.  “Yeah, especially since you admitted your feelings just recently,” Greg went on.

“And I hope your parents can get along better,” Rory said.

“I’m sure my mom and dad will make up before their arguing gets any crazier,” Greg responded. “It’s not like others have been noticing.”

“Actually…” Rory laughed nervously.

A FEW NIGHTS AGO…….

Rory was taking a late night stroll, when he noticed a lot a kids gathered by the entrance to a cave. He recognized who seemed to be the head of this group, a young clubtail named Carter. “Hey Carter, what’s going on?” Rory called.

“Hey Rory,” Carter waved back, allowing Rory to cut thorough the group in front of him. Rory noticed a lot of other kids were giving Carter sweet bubbles.

“Why are they giving you those?” Rory asked. “Cause that’s my price,” the clubtail replied. “Price for what?” Rory asked again.

“The price to watch this,” Carter laughed, pointing inside the cave. Rory peered in to see what he was talking about.

“You stupid spiketail!” Ichy yelled, trying to head butt Dil, but it didn’t work.  

“You’re nothing, you flyer who can’t fly!” Dil retorted, trying to swipe him with her tail out of spite.

THE PRESENT……..

“It’s that bad?” Greg sighed. Rory only nodded yes.  By then, they had arrived at the waterhole. Mo and the girls were waiting.

“Hey guys,” called Rita, waving one of her feet.  “What is that?”

“This, is for you Myra,” Rory grinned, showing the heart-shaped treestar.  Myra’s eyes lightened up.

“Rally?” the threehorn asked. “Yes,” Rory said.  But just then….

“Perfect,” they heard a voice said, and suddenly Ichy swooped down and grabbed the treestar, having not overheard the previous conversations.  “Now I can prove to Dil I can get dinner for us,” he was overheard, taking it back to their cave.

Rory, for the first time in a while, grunted angrily. “Ok that’s it!” he said mad. “Greg, your parent’s fighting has been getting on my nerves, you have to stop it!”

Greg paused for a minute, he knew Rory was right, but how could he do it? He was going to need time.

“Let me think about this,” Greg told he friends, and walked off pondering about what to do.

Rita walked up to Rory.  “That was a little harsh,” the longneck commented.

“I know, but I worked so hard on that, and that was actually the second one I made,” Rory explained.

“But I do agree, we have to get Greg’s parents to stop fighting, it could prove to be bad for both of them as well as Greg,” Rita went on.

“As well as everyone around them,” Myra added, disappointed about the loss of Rory’s gift.

“But what can we do?” Rory asked, “Dil and Ichy aren’t our parents, we only now what our parents like.” Suddenly he noticed that Rita had paused.

“Rita, what’s bothering you?” Mo asked.

“In my case…I only have a mother,” Rita responded silently. “I never knew my father, and I don’t know if he’s alive or not.”
“I forgot…” Rory said, feeling stupid now for bringing that up.

“Just don’t worry about it guys,” Rita concluded, “Let’s focus on getting Greg’s parents to stop arguing.”

LATER THAT NIGHT……..

Greg was lying down in his sleeping place, shortly after Dil gave him a goodnight kiss. He loved his parents very much, so hated seeing them in these situations.

“I’m the only thing they can agree on,” he thought to himself.  “If only they cared about each other the way they cared about me.”  And just as he thought that, an idea popped into his head.

He waited a few minutes for Dil and Ichy to go to sleep. Once he was sure they were snoozing, the young spiketail made his move.  He quickly dashed out of the cave and back into the main section of the valley.

“If they can’t cooperate, I’ll make them cooperate,” Greg smiled, thinking this plan of his would work.  He was planning to run away into the Mysterious Beyond, and he hoped his parents would work together to find him.

“And where exactly are you going?” a voice suddenly asked. It was Strut.

“Oh, hi Strut,” Greg smiled. “I’m running away so my hopes will get nervous and stop arguing so they can come find me.”

Strut stayed silent for a moment, and then spoke up. “And you think this is a good idea because….”

“Because they aren’t really showing signs that they are liking each other,” Greg explained. “I just want to see them happy.”

“But I don’t think this is the right way to do it,” the runner replied, “I wouldn’t say using fear as the way to find what you’re looking for, you might only make the problem worse.”

Greg didn’t know how to respond. “Thanks for the advice Strut,” he said.

ONLY A FEW MINUTES LATER…..

Greg, after he was certain Strut wasn’t in the immediate vicinity, took off again, deciding to keep up his original plan.  But he had one stop to make before he left the valley.

He stopped at Rory’s nest.  He gently nudged his threehorn friend awake, and told him something.
“Ugh….what is it?” Rory yawned tiredly. Greg explained his plan to his friend.

“Look, I’m running away from here, and if this all goes well, my parents will stop fighting and work together to find me. Then we can be one big happy family again,” Greg revealed.

“Why are you telling me this?” Rory asked.

“So if they wonder where I went, you can tell them,” Greg informed.

“Ok, just be careful,” Rory advised.

“Don’t worry, I know how to avoid sharpteeth, maybe I’ll run into Chomper, and I know plenty of places where I can find green food,” Greg assured. “I’ll be fine.”

“Just don’t go to far, you never know what could be out there,” Rory said. Although the threehorn enjoyed exploring the Mysterious Beyond, hew knew that there were many places in it that he had no idea of what they contained.

“Ok, see you soon!” Greg called, running off.

“Why do I just know something bad’s going to happen?” Rory asked himself. It was probably instinct why he asked that question.

(There’s chapter 4, reading and reviewing may commence!)

NOTE TO READERS: Sharptooth Valley II will be on a hiatus for the next week and a half because I have to study for finals. Don’t worry, I should have the next chapter by the 15th.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Hope you guys enjoy Summer! Here’s chapter 5!)

Chapter 5: Family Feud Part 2

THE NEXT MORNING……….

All was calm and quiet in Flattooth Valley the next morning.  Dil and Ichy were completely unaware of Greg’s plan, and assumed he was out playing with his friends.  “I’m going to get breakfast for myself and Greg, you’re on your own,” Dil announced.

“Sure, go right ahead….blubber belly,” Ichy replied, that last part being said silently.

Meanwhile, Rita, Mo, and Myra met up with Rory at a big tree they liked playing at. Rita was looking around, trying to see where Greg was, but he never came into her sights.

“Guys, I can’t find Greg anywhere,” Rita said.

“Oh, that’s cause he ran away into the Mysterious Beyond hoping this’ll scare his parents so they’ll stop fighting,” Rory said rather casually.

“WHAT?!” Rita, Myra, and Mo went.

“He said he’ll be fine,” Rory tried to assure.

“We have to find him before he gets hurt!”  Rita said.

IN THE MYSTERIOUS BEYOND……..

Indeed, Greg kept his promise to Rory that he wouldn’t go far, but there was a place he wanted to see: A small but decent-sized waterhole with a massive waterfall right above it. This was a popular hangout place for young dinos of both types, though leafeaters would only come after the sharpteeth left.  He remembered one visit with his parents, where they seemed to be getting along, but there was another reason he liked the place.

He saw a cute girl spiketail once. “Maybe she’ll be there,” Greg thought to himself, “I never got the chance to talk to her last time.”

Thinking for a minute, he remembered the directions to the special waterfall, and set off in that direction.

AT FLATTOOTH VALLEY…….

“We have to tell Greg’s parents what happened,” Rita said to her friends. “He could get hurt!”

“Don’t worry, he told me he won’t go far,” Rory said. “But we at least have to tell his parents about what happened to him,” Rita replied.

“Agreed,” added Myra. “Rory, you and Mo go tell his dad, Rita, you and me will find his mom.”

“But why should we split up sister?” asked Mo.

“Because look, we know we won’t find the two of them together,” responded Myra.

The group all realized that was true, so they went and split up to find Ichy and Dil.  It wouldn’t take long to find them.

WITH THE BOY’S GROUP…….

Ichy was gliding to a treetop intent on shaking most if not all of the treestars on it loose. “I’ll prove I’m a better parent than that foolish four-footer,” he grumbled to himself.

Rory and Mo eventually came by and noticed Ichy at the top of the tree.  “How are we going to get his attention brother?”

“Like this,” Rory smirked in reply. “HEY MR. GREG’S DAD!!” He yelled at the top of his lungs, catching Ichy by surprise and causing him to fall all the way to the ground.

“What on Earth was that for?!” he yelled in reply after he landed head-first.

“Well, you see….” Rory started to reply.

WITH THE GIRL’S GROUP…….

Dil was currently hanging out with Julie, Elsie, Rory’s mom (Whose name was Clear), and Myra’s mother (Whose name is Kerry.)  “Oh hello girls, something on your minds?” Julie asked with a smile.

“Well actually mom, we have a problem,” Rita said.

“What is it dear?” asked Julie. “It’s about my friend Greg…” Rita explained.

“What? What’s going on with my son?” Dil asked.

“Well, you see…..” Myra began to say.

A FEW MINUTES LATER………

The groups had met up with each other.  “THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!” Dil yelled at Ichy. “IF YOU ACTUALLY SPENT TIME WITH HIM, HE WOULDN’T HAVE RUN AWAY!”

“Well that didn’t accomplish anything…” Myra said silently.

IN THE MYSTERIOUS BEYOND……..

After walking for a distance more, Greg finally arrived at the special waterfall. “Here at last,” he smiled.  Currently, the only other dinosaurs there were all flatteeth, so he had nothing to worry about.

“Hey there,” he said to another young spiketail he caught sight of. It wasn’t the girl from last time, but he appreciated seeing another one of his kind.

“Who are you?” he asked in response.

“I’m Greg,” Greg said, “And you…?”

“I’m Tailer,” the other spiketail said. “You here by yourself?”

“Yeah, I ran away from home because my parents were fighting too much. I’m hoping this’ll scare them straight.”

“Think that’ll work?” Tailer asked.

“Probably,” Greg replied. He then noticed that it looked like Tailer was looking for something. “What’s on your mind?”

“I’ve been seeing these weird dinosaurs throughout the Mysterious Beyond lately,” Tailer said.

“What’s so weird about them?” Greg asked. “Well, they have these weird patterns on their faces made from tar or something,” Tailer responded. “And the dinos I’ve seen with those marks are of both types: flatteeth AND sharpteeth.”

“Wow, that’s odd,” said Greg, “But let’s just go play for now.”

AT FLATOOTH VALLEY………

Ichy and Dil’s verbal spute was only getting louder and louder. Most of the other grownups stayed out of it for fear of getting hurt.

“This is hopeless….” Sighed Myra. By now, however, Rita had had enough.

Rita, for all her life, was a pretty calm and collective longneck. She always, even when she got mad, never really went crazy.  Nearly everyone thought it was impossible to push her over the edge, but today…

She took a few steps forward to get near to the fighting spiketail and glider when suddenly, at the top of her lungs, she yelled “OH WILL YOU TWO STOP IT??!!”

Ichy and Dil froze when they heard the young longneck yell.  “THIS IS BOTH OF YOUR FAULTS! GREG RAN AWAY BECAUSE YOU TWO COULDN’T STOP FIGHTING! THIS’LL NEVER STOP UNTIL YOU GET ALONG AND G FIND HIM!!!”

Everyone stood there shocked and their mouths wide open. “Whoa…Rita… “ Rory said in amazement.

Suddenly, Rita blinked a few times, then shook her head a bit. “Did I really just yell like that?” she asked, just as surprised as everyone else.  It was almost like an out-of-body experience for her.

“Dil…the longneck’s right,” Ichy finally said. “We’ve both been stupid.”  

Normally, Dil would take a chance like this to rub it in Ichy’s face, but she knew that wasn’t the right thing to do.

“We have to go find him,” Dil said, “But where would he be?”

“Wait,” Ichy chimed in, “Remember that place we went one time that he liked a lot? That waterfall or something like that….”

Dil knew just what Ichy was talking about. “That’s it!” the spiketail realized. “We have to go now.”

“We’re coming too,” Rita said, Rory, Myra, and Mo following.

AT THE WATERFALL……..

Greg looked up in the sky and noticed the Bright Circle was going down.  “Guess they haven’t made up,” he sighed to himself. “I should just head home now.”

“You live in Flattooth Valley?” asked Tailer. Greg nodded yes. “Could I come live there?”

“But is that what your parents want?” asked Greg. Tailer suddenly frowned.

“I….don’t have parents. I’ve lived on my own for a few cold times.”  “Oh, I’m sorry,” Greg said to his new friend.
“And I don’t even know what happened to them,” Tailer went on. “One day they left to get food, and they never came back. I don’t know if they were eaten by sharpteeth or they just abandoned me, or whatever.”

“Then just follow me back to my Valley, I know you’ll be accepted there,” Greg said.

“Thanks,” Tailer smiled.  “Now follow me,” ordered Greg.

LATER THAT NIGHT……

What happened on the way back to the valley was something Greg would never be able to erase from his mind.  About halfway to the valley, Tailer spoke up.

“Hey look,” he pointed out, seeing a dinosaur in the distance. “It’s one of those dinos I mentioned, with tar on their faces.”

Greg turned and noticed a few threehorns with the mentioned markings.  “Wonder what they’re doing,” he commented. He soon got his answer.

The terrifying answer that it was though.

A family of flyers was flying around nearby. Greg was fascinated by the sight of them, as there weren’t many flyers in Flattooth Valley.  Most of the flyers either lived far off in the Mysterious Beyond or were sharptoothed flyers in the Great Valley.

“Whatcha looking at?” asked Tailer. “The flyers,” Greg replied, noticing the flyers swoop and fly above the ground only by a foot or so.

Then it happened.

The threehorns with the tar on their faces suddenly lifted their feet and just as the flyers flew in front of them, they stomped on them!

“What the h…?!” went Greg.  The two spiketails could not believe what they were seeing. These threehorns were killing these flyers!

“AHHH!!!!” they screamed in pain as their bones were being crushed. Without speaking a word, the mysterious threehorns finished off the family.

Then, one of the threehorn’s heads turned and saw Greg and Tailer.

“RRRRUUUUNNN!!!!” shrieked Greg.  The two young flatteeth ran like they never ran before.

“Don’t look back!” yelled Tailer, his feet moving as fast as they could go.  Greg could see the Valley within the distance.

“We’re almost there!” he said, when suddenly a figure emerged in front of them, and they crashed into it.

Greg quickly recovered from his crash to see…that it was his parents. “MOM!!!” he yelled in joyous relief with a slight trace of panic.

“Greg!” Ichy and Dil said, thankful to see their son again, but they noticed how terrified he looked.

“Greg, what happened?” asked Rory.  It took a bit for Greg and Tailer to respond, as they were breathing heavily and trying to fight back tears of horror but to no avail.

“I was…then we saw…..these threehorns…they..they…,” Greg cried, hugging his parents, glad to see them again.

Rita and the others looked shocked. “What on Earth happened out here?” they wondered.

(There you go, Read and Review. If you remember he SV2 preview I gave, you have a general idea of who those threehorns might be. It’ll be developed it later chapters, I promise.)

Next time on Sharptooth Valley II:  Chomper and Ruby spend more time atop Saurus Rock, and Chomper thinks about the past reality.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
An enjoyable read for sure.

Two things however; One is gramatical and the other is storywise.

One.

In this sentence here you wrote:

"“Watch out!” called Tera, as she caught sight of a big tree that had been uprooted because of erosion falling towards them."

This is something my english teacher used to dock marks off me for  :confused, your not only a bit over descriptive (dinos wouldn't know what erosion is) but the action kills itself before it even begins. I would remove the bolded line and state the reason for the tree falling after the action,  :smile

Two.

There are a lot of new characters coming in here, so many in fact I just keep losing track of who everyone is  :confused . Could you please please put up a summary list with a short blurb about each one? It would definately help me sort things out cause i'm notoriously bad with names.  :slap

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Chapter 6: The Inner Conflict

CRACK BOOM!

All the sharpteeth in the Great Valley were now used to the sounds of thunder, as the Days of Rising Waters were approaching.  The swimming sharpteeth and even belly draggers enjoyed those days, while regular sharpteeth, fast biters, and bladebacks could tolerate them.

But sharptoothed flyers, on the other hand….

Even though the storm hadn’t gotten serious yet, Petrie and the rest of his siblings were helping their mother add more sticks to their nest to make sure that water wouldn’t destroy it.

“I hate this time of year…” Glider muttered. “Those sky explosions freak me out.”

“I don’t blame you,” replied Petrie.  “Rain often keeps me from doing some stunts.”

Down on the ground, Ruby and Chomper were walking together. “We should head to the top of Saurus Rock again,” Ruby mentioned, “When the sky water gets worse, we won’t be able to do so for a while.”  Chomper nodded in agreement.

Elsewhere, Shorty was walking in circles, not really hanging out with anyone else. There was something on his mind.  Littlefoot noticed his brother’s odd mood since that morning, and decided to investigate. “What’s on your mind Shorty?” he asked.

“That one jerk….” Shorty responded.  “Who are you talking about?” asked Littlefoot.

Shorty took a brief pause, and finally muttered “Rhett.”  The word went through Littlefoot’s ears like the annoying sound of a stinging buzzer.

After the little feud the brothers had a few months ago about who liked Ali more, they eventually stopped arguing. However, another problem emerged after that: turns out Ali liked Rhett!  

“I’m with you on that one,” Littlefoot nodded.  The brothers remembered briefly having a vow that the next time they saw Rhett, they would proceed to….

(I’d tell you, but I think it’d be too violent to write about.)

Saura, who was pretty much unaware of this conflict, was happy to see her children talking with each other and not looking angry while doing so. Tyran walked by.

“This is so sweet, Littlefoot and Shorty are finally bonding over something, I hope that if they’re making a goal, that they achieve it.” Saura smiled.

“Me too,” Tyran nodded, agreeing with his mate, and also unaware of their kid’s little love triangle.

AT SAURUS ROCK………

Chomper and Ruby made their way to the top of the t-rex –shaped rock, their progress almost hindered because of the water making the surface slippery.  “Even with the sky water, this place is still cool to hang out at,” Chomper commented.

When they got to the top, Ruby sat down and stared up at the sky.  “What are you looking at?” Chomper asked.

“The stars,” Ruby replied casually. “But it’s not dark enough to see them yet,” Chomper noticed.

The fast biter sighed a bit. “I know, but these certain stars can only be seen early into the night, so I want to be able to see them.”

“What stars are you talking about?” Chomper asked puzzled.

Ruby paused, this was going to be awkward to explain. “This may sound crazy Chomper. It’s just that…..well, one night, shortly after I lost my family….I looked up at the stars. I noticed 4 stars that were very bright.  And it was like…they were shining right on me.”

“You don’t think….?” Asked Chomper,

“Yeah, I think that maybe, just maybe….those stars are my parents, and my brothers Howler and Edge.  I never told anyone else before that that’s what I think those stars are,” Ruby went on, sniffling a little.

“Ruby, it’s okay. I understand,” Chomper said, giving Ruby a little pat on the back.  “You have nothing to feel odd about.”

“Thanks Chomper,” Ruby replied, giving him a kiss.  The 2 love biters felt the sky water begin to fall harder.  “Oh boy…we probably should get back down now,” she suggested.

“No question,” Chomper agreed.  “At least our caves aren’t leaky.” He and Ruby shared a laugh then.

The two made it back to the base of Saurus Rock and back onto the grass. “You know, if that rock surface was smoother it would make a fun slide with that sky water,” Ruby laughed.

“Yeah,” Chomper chuckled, also thinking that would be a fun idea.  “Night Ruby!”

As he was making his way back to his cave, Chomper was thinking about his own odd feelings: What was up with that weird dream he had a few nights ago? After spending some much time in this new reality, dreams of the old one never started until that night. Was there a purpose for that?

AT CHOMPER’S CAVE………..

Dein and Terri were sharing a swimmer they had caught.  “Hello Chomper,” Dein waved to his son as he got into the cave, “Would you like some of this swimmer?”

Terri let out a giggle.  “Swimmers are surprisingly very easy to catch with the days of Rising Waters approaching,” the mother sharptooth commented.

“Sure, I’ll take a bite,” Chomper smiled, ripping off the tail of the prey and began chomping on it.

AT THE WATERHOLE………

Ducky and Spike meanwhile only enjoyed the rain drops, Ducky now being able to do some flips she had been practicing.

Mama Swimming Sharptooth called for all her children to gather nearby.  “Kids when the sky water starts falling harder, it’s important you stay in the main part of the waterhole and the hunting areas.”

“How come mommy?” one of Ducky’s brothers asked.  “Because the current can get hard to go against in those conditions, even for us swimming sharpteeth.”  

“Got it,” the all the young swimming sharpteeth replied, as well as Spike making a noise that suggested “Got it.”.  They continued to swim around for fun.

ALONG THE WALLS OF THE GREAT VALLEY…….

Mage used his magic to create basically a roof of leaves to keep himself from getting wet.  “Magic has never been so handy,” he smirked to himself, the ground surrounding him getting wet, but not the Rainbow Face spirit himself.  “I hope no one gets sick because of this water.”

MEANWHILE………

Guido has spent pretty much the past few days inside a cave or underground with the tinysauruses because he hated getting his feathers wet.  “Sky water is not really a friend to sharpbeaks like me,” he explained. He was slightly envious of the sharpteeth who weren’t bothered by this weather.
AT CHOMPER’S CAVE……….

It had been a long day, and Chomper was getting sleepy.  “I’ll see you in the morning mom and dad,” he yawned to his parents, walking over to his favorite sleeping spot.

“Same to you son,” his parents replied in unison, “Nice sleep stories.” (Sweet dreams.)

Little did Chomper would have guessed…he was about to have an extremely bizarre and freaky sleep story. The little sharptooth dozed off in a few minutes.

(Not to the reader: the following section contains foreshadowing events yet to come in the story.)

IN CHOMPER’S SLEEP STORY……..

When Chomper awoke, he was standing on a small patch of land in the middle of no where, surrounded by nothing but pitch black. “Where am I?” he wondered aloud.

Then, he started hearing the voices.

“Aggh!! My tail!!” Littlefoot’s voice was heard yelling.

“Huh?” Chomper said, wondering where the voice came from. “Littlefoot?

“It was so horrible….” Rita’s voice was heard saying next.

“What the?” Chomper asked.

“He’s even worse than I was,” Hyp’s voice said.  At this point Chomper was just puzzled.  It was at this point the voices were saying things much darker.

“You’re a monster, like all longnecks are!” Veli’s voice was heard yelling.  “What is this I’m hearing?!” Chomper mentally panicked.

Then the most unexpected voice of all was heard.

“It’s your fault she’s dead!” Chomper heard….his OWN voice yell at someone.  

Chomper was completely freaked out by this point.  The voices wouldn’t stop.

“AHHHHHH!” he screamed, and all of a sudden, his eyes shot open.

IN CHOMPER’S CAVE……….

Chomper awoke to see his parents sleeping and the sky water still falling. “What was all that?” he thought to himself, with no answers coming to mind.  And after that bad sleep story, he decided to spend the rest of the night awake.

(There’s chapter 6, Read and Review!  Sorry for the short length, this chapter is primarily for setting up the events of later chapters.  Hope you enjoyed it.  And just for clarification, when Chomper’s voice was heard yelling “It’s your fault she’s dead!”, when that line occurs, it’s not being said to Chomper, it will be chomper saying it to another character. But that’s all I’ll tell you. Heh heh heh……)

Next time on Sharptooth Valley II: In a 2-part chapter, dangerously fast waters cause Cera and Tricia to be swept away into an underground cave.  They must find a way back out. Part 2 will end with a surprise you won’t see coming….

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Here’s chapter 7, Enjoy!)

Chapter 7: Beyond The Waterhole Part 1

The day’s went on since Chomper’s weird sleep story occurred.  The young sharptooth hadn’t had one since that night, so he wondered if they were over.

One evening, Sharptooth called for a meeting for all the grownups in the Great Valley.  The topic of the meeting was going to be the rain.

“What were we called here for?” asked Veli, sky water dropping all around and on him.

“It’s been brought to the attention of all of us that the massive amounts of sky water we’ve been getting in the past week has been unusually high, compared to previous days of Rising Waters,” Sharptooth explained to the group.  

“And what must be done?” asked Growley from within the crowd.

“We must reinforce the walls all around us,” Sharptooth announced. “With what?” Grandpa Sharptooth asked.

“Duh, more rocks,” Veli commented.  “That is correct,” Sharptooth said next.

“What should we do if we get thirsty?” Terri asked.

“Only use the waterholes that aren’t connected to the Mysterious Beyond,” Sharptooth explained, “And until this sky water starts to die down, keep your children away from any fast water.”

All the adults could agree on that.

“And my fellow flyers, it’s advised that you make your nests stronger,” Tera spoke up, fling in front of the crowd.

MEANWHILE…………

Guido, still not wanting wet feathers, was staying inside a cave. “If only I was a belly dragger…” he grumbled to himself.  “Maybe Tippy would like me more.”

“Who’s Tippy?” a voice asked, Guido not seeing where it came from. He eventually figured out where it came from though.

Standing a few feet away from him was a tiny t-rex. “Hey Lizzie,” Guido waved, recognizing her. He had previously worked with the tinysaurus a few months ago when he swiped Terri’s shiny stone and Petrie’s snuggling stick. Lizzie helped him pull it off.
“The sky water isn’t too bad,” Lizzie said.

“It doesn’t bother you because you have feathers and live underground!”  muttered Guido annoyed.

Lizzie let out a little laugh. “Well, the sky water that leaks underground sort of makes a little waterhole for us,” she explained, “So we can play in water without risk of drowning.”

“That’s cool for you, can’t say the same for me,” the sharpbeak commented.

AT CERA’S NEST……….

Tricia was happily trying to gulp down a few dragonflies that were flying by while Cera was watching. Tricia, as you know, has a tendency to wander off, so Cera figured that constant watch must be kept on her 24-7.

“Look sistuh, I got one!” Tricia announced happily, chewing on one of the flying insects.

“Good job Tricia,” Cera complimented.

AT THE WATERHOLE……..

Chomper, Ruby, Ducky, Spike, and Tippy were hanging out.   “At least our caves aren’t leaky,” Ruby mentioned to Chomper, “We’d never be able to sleep with sky water pouring on us.”

“Don’t mention that,” Chomper laughed, remembering an incident in the past reality where the cave he and Ruby lived in leaked and they had to find a new one.

Spike was eating his dinner, a teenage longneck that he had caught.  He was standing on land, though his tail was still in the water.  Chomper noticed that Spike’s tail was moving in one direction, and he knew what that meant.

“The current’s picking up…” Chomper said, a little concerned.

“So it’s best we stay out of it, staying out of it is for the best,” Ruby agreed.  Ruby then noticed Chomper still looked bothered by something.

“You have a bad sleep story Chomper?” the fast biter guessed.

Chomper looked surprised.  “How did you know?” he asked.

“I’ve seen other sharpteeth who have bad sleep stories, and their always have weird expressions the next day,” Ruby explained.

“Oh,” Chomper said, not knowing that tidbit of information.  “What was the bad sleep story about?” Ruby asked.

Chomper gulped nervously. In a matter of a few seconds, he had to make up what his nightmare was about.  Despite the fact he was in love with Ruby, he knew he had to keep the bad dreams he had recently a secret.  The one he had about the past reality, he could just claim that he “had a sleep story where his leafeater friends were sharpteeth”, but then she’d wonder why that sleep story bothered him.

“Well, um…” Chomper began, still trying to fabricate a nightmare.  Even though (as far as Chomper knew) the second sleep story had nothing to do with the past reality, he felt it would be too strange to explain.  He then got an idea.

“I was having a sleep story…umm…where I was being chased by a longneck,” he said, though you could tell there was a dash of “I’m making this up,” in his tone, but Ruby wasn’t considering this.

“I’ve had sleep stories like that too, and they are very bad, yup yup yup,” Ducky gulped.

AT CERA’S NEST………..

Tricia was splashing around in a big puddle of water that formed nearby. The young fast biter was having the time of her life.  Cera chuckled a bit.

“You still need to learn how to swim silly,” she laughed mildly. That gave her an idea. True, Tricia may be too small currently to swim in the main part of the Great Valley, but that didn’t mean Ducky teach hew the basic knowledge for very shallow water. (Imagine a kiddie pool at a hotel.)

“Come on Tricia,” Cera smiled to her sibling, the jealousy she had when Tricia spoke her first word had slowly gone away.

Tricia laughed a bit and got on her sister’s back, and Cera set off running.

HIGHER UP IN THE VALLEY…………..

“Water water everywhere…not a drop to enjoy,” Dacty, one of Petrie’s brothers grumbled. Their previous efforts to sturdy their nest had ended in failure, as the sky water damaged the sticks.

“At least we know what to do,” Petriee said, carrying some sticks to another part of the Great Valley.  The family of sharptooth flyers decided to move from the side of the wall they usually lived.

“I swear…if this next nest breaks apart…I’m going to freak out,” grumbled Glider.  “Is mom going to get back from that meeting soon? She’d be a great help.”
“When she hunted dinner for us, she said it could take a while so I wouldn’t get our hopes up,” Petrie added.

“At least we have it better than that friend of yours Petrie,” Dacty said.

“Which one?” Petrie asked.  “That sharpbeak…..what was his name, Medoh?” he responded.

“You mean Guido,” corrected Petrie.  But Petrie did have to agree with his brother’s comment. He laughed a small chuckle.

AT THE WATERHOLE…..

The small group noticed Cera arriving with Tricia on her back. “Ducky, will you do me a favor?” the orange fast biter asked.

“Sure Cera, what is it?” Ducky asked.

Cera gently set Tricia down. “Could you give my sister some swimming lessons?”

Ducky looked a little concerned.  “Um…I don’t know if I should teach Tricia how to swim in this weather, I don’t, I don’t….” she replied.

“Come on, I’ll be right here, and so will Chomper, Spike, Ruby, and Tippy,” Cera explained, “So if anything starts to happen we will be able to stop it.”

Ducky still looked hesitant, but decided to agree.  “Um…alright, I’ll do it, I will, I will.”

“Okay Tricia, get into the water,” Cera motioned to her sibling. Tricia nodded and climbed into the hole of the substance that every creature on this Earth needs to survive.

MEANWHILE, WITH THE GROWNUPS……….

Sharptooth, Dein, Terri, Cira, Veli, Grandpa and Grandma Sharptooth, Growley, Mr. Belly Dragger, Tyran, Saura, and many other adults were blocking off unneeded connections to the Mysterious beyond water-wise so there was no chance of flooding.

“There are at least three points that need to be blocked,” Sharptooth explained. “Other than that, all of the other waterhole connections to the Mysterious Beyond must be left open.”  

Growley and Dein were using their tails to move the boulders at a faster rate. “I’ve always hated this time of year,” Dein said.

“And no one’s blaming you dear,” Terri continued.  She was working as a team with Cira.  Veli and Mr. Belly Dragger were in another group.

“Usually the sky water stops falling as hard as this in about 6 days, so soon we’ll have to take these back down,” the wise belly dragger said.  

“Oh great, then we’ll have to all of this over,” grunted Veli. That caused a laugh amongst the others. Cira walked over to her mate.

“I’m going to go check on the girls, we haven’t seen them since lunchtime,” Veli said.

“No, I’ll do it by myself,” Cira responded, “You stay here and help move the rocks. They’ll never get it done quickly without your help.”

Dein and Terri snickered very silently. Cira of course didn’t mean that last part, it was just that anyone who knew Veli well was that shameless flattery was his one weakness.

“Oh how could I forget,” Veli said, “Don’t worry, I’ll stay here.” Cira just smiled at Veli, gave him a quick kiss, and ran off.

AT THE WATERHOLE……….

Ducky and the others managed to show Tricia all the basics.  “She’s learning how to swim even faster than you did Cera, she is, she is,” Ducky complimented.

“Oh…” Cera said, a little bit of jealousy reawakening.  She did her best to keep it inside of her.  Chomper and Ruby, who were currently standing in the water, nearly lost their balance.

Spike made a noise suggesting “What was that?”

Tippy spoke up next. “Tippy is moving…but it feels like something’s pushing Tippy,” the belly dragger said.

As the older kids were talking, it happened. Tricia heard a buzzing noise, and looked around until she noticed a few stinging buzzers flying by.  Instincts kicking in, she tried to catch it, but missed. She followed the flying insects as they flew overhead.  And by followed, I mean: away from the others. But in unlucky irony, none of them were facing her at the time.

“The current’s getting strong, us land walkers should get out now,” Ruby said.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right Ruby,” Cera agreed. “Tricia, come on….” Suddenly, she saw that her sister was no where in sight.

“WHERE’D SHE GO?!!!” Cera panicked, looking all around.  “She’s over there!” Ducky called. Cera turned her head and to her horror, noticed that Tricia was about to step in a spot where the current was EXTREMELY strong.

“Tricia wait!!!!” Cera called, rushing over to save her sister.  But it was too late. Tricia jumped up again to bite the buzzers, and was then swept away in the fast water.  Cera, horrified and unable to think straight, jumped in after her.

“Cera! Tricia!” Chomper and Ruby screamed. They knew they had to do something.  “Chomper, you follow them on land so we can see where they are. Tippy, you and me will get the grownups, let’s go!” Ruby yelled.

In the fast water, Cera managed to gab a hold of her sister, but other than that, nothing that was happening was good. “Ackpt! Help!!” Cera roared, using all her strength to keep her and Tricia from going under the water.  Tricia luckily was smart enough to keep her breath held whenever her head was under the surface, but the two fast biters clearly wouldn’t be getting out of the water without help.

A SHORT DISTANCE AWAY…

“Ruby? Tippy? What’s wrong?” Cira asked, seeing the fast biter and belly dragger run up. “Cira! You gotta follow us now!” Ruby called.

BACK WITH CERA…..

After a few moments, Cera was able to see that she and Tricia had been swept out of the Great Valley and into the Mysterious Beyond.

“This is bad!” she panicked mentally. Just then, even more danger lay ahead. A whirlpool was right in their path.

“TRICIA, HOLD ON!!!” Cera yelled as the whirlpool caught the two of them.

“Is this….the end?” Cera thought sadly as she passed out from using too much energy to fight back against the whirlpool.

A LITTLE WHILE LATER……..

Slowly but surely, Cera felt her eyes opening. “Am…I dead?” she asked herself in her mind.  Taking one claw, she pinched her other arm. “Ow!” she yelled, and realized that that meant she was still alive!  Her eyes now wide open, she saw Tricia about a foot away, coughing but otherwise ok.  Looking around, she wondered where they were.

Apparently, the whirlpool took them underground into some cavern.

“What is this place?” Cera asked.

“Who’s there?” a voice suddenly asked, Cera and Tricia not seeing where it acme from.

TO BE CONTINUED……..

(Read and review! I’m confident the end of the next chapter will surprise you….)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Chapter 8 has entered the building!)

Chapter 8: Beyond The Waterhole Part 2

“Tricia, get behind me,” Cera advised her sister upon hearing this mysterious voice.  The little biter nodded and did what Cera commanded.

Just then, the dinosaur who the voice belonged to came into view, and that dino’s appearance surprised Cera.

It was a young t-rex, about Littlefoot/Shorty’s age, with tar marks on his head. “Who are you?” he asked, wanting to know.

“Um…my name is Cera, and this is my sister Tricia,” Cera said.  “Your turn, who are you?”

“First, let me ask you one more question,” the rex replied, “Did you come here on purpose?”  

“No,” responded Cera. “Now who are you?”

“I can’t tell you that,” the kid replied.  “It’s against the rules.”  “What does that mean?” Cera asked.

Just then, more footsteps were heard.  “What’s going on here?” another young voice asked.  Appearing in the cavern was a young fast biter, about Chomper’s age, and also with the tar marks on his face walked in.

“Just some outsider,” the rex said to the kid who had just showed up.

“Outsider, what do you mean?” asked Cera confused.

UP ABOVE, OUTSIDE THE GREAT VALLEY……..

Chomper was waiting right outside the Great Valley for Ruby, Tippy, and any adults to show up.  “Come on…” he said in nervous impatience.  The group soon showed up.

Veli and Cira were in front of the rest, both looking extremely terrified. “Where did my daughters go?!”  Veli yelled.

“I don’t know!” Chomper called back, “I lost sight of them after they were washed out of the Valley!!”

“No….” Cira said, a tear forming in her eye.  Ruby stepped forward.

“We can’t give up,” she said in a determined voice.  “Cera and Tricia are still alive, I just know it has to be true.”

“You’re right…” Cira said, her spirits lifting a tad bit.  

“But we have to find out where the fast water took them,” Chomper commented.

“That particular stream goes only in one direction for a while,” Sharptooth announced, “So we know where to start.”

“Let’s go then!” Veli ordered, leading the rest of the group.

As they were exiting the Great Valley, Ruby ran up alongside Chomper. “Why?” she asked, to no one in particular. “Why what Ruby?” Chomper asked in response. “Why do things like this keep happening to us?” Ruby asked.

“What do you mean?” asked Chomper.

“It’s been crazy Chomper!” Ruby said, “First Redfoot, then those evil flyers, why does bad luck follow us everywhere?”

“I don’t know why…” Chomper said somberly.  Luck was something no one had control over, that’s why sometimes it’s good and sometimes it’s bad.

BACK UNDERGROUND…………

The two tar-faced dinos looked at Tricia and Cera.  “By outsider, we mean one who lives above ground,” the fast biter kid said.

“Above ground?” Cera asked confused, “You mean you live here, underground?”

“There’s lots more of us,” the rex said, “and the underground is our home.”

Cera began thinking for any possible reason why any normal-sized dinosaur would choose to live here, but nothing came to mind.  She realized what was important was finding a way out of here.

“So, um…could you tell us any way my sister and I could use?” the orange fast biter asked.

“Sure, you should follow us,” the underground-living fast biter said. “Outsiders are not allowed down here.”

“Why is that?” Cera asked.

“That’s the rule our leader gives us,” the rex explained. “Who’s you leader?” asked Cera.

“Sorry, we’re not allowed to tell Outsiders about him,” the t-rex said.

“That’s also why we can’t tell you our names,” the fast biter said.  “That’s also against the rules.”

“You sure have a weird set of rules,” Cera commented. Tricia stayed silent, not having anything to say at that moment.  She was a little distraught to see that there were no insects to eat.

The group was about to set off when the fast biter realized something.  “Wait, you’ll need some of this,” he told Cera and Tricia. He scooped up some tar from a nearby puddle and smearing some of it on Cera and Tricia’s faces.

“Hey!” Cera yelled annoyed.  Tricia laughed, licking the tar, though spitting it out right afterwards.

“Boss doesn’t like Outsiders much, so if anyone else sees you, they’ll think you’re with us,” the fast biter explained.

BACK ABOVE GROUND……….

The sky water storm had gotten less severe.  This allowed the swimming sharpteeth and some of the bigger belly draggers to go through the fast water river Tricia and Cera were swept down.

Tera and other sharptoothed flyers flew over he water. “Luckily the sky water is blobking off our sight,” one of Tera’s friends said, “Otherwise this could prove to be near impossible.”

Along with the ground patrol, Tippy began to remember something. “Tippy thinks she knows where this river goes!” the young belly dragger announced.  This caught the adults’ attention.

“Where does this river go Tippy?” asked Cira.

Tippy took a moment to think carefully and make sure her memory was correct. “If Tippy remembers right, this river ends not too far from here, on a beach or something like that.  Tippy saw it once when Tippy was traveling with her family.”

Veli started to grin with confidence. “If this fast water took them to a beach, then they can’t be off in another direction!” he smiled, knowing his daughters should be safe.

“That’s great!” Chomper added, sniffing the air to try to track the scent of his fast biter friends.  He could just barely make them out, which signified they couldn’t be too far off.

“Let’s keep going everyone!” Cira roared for all her friends in the search party to hear.  Everyone else roared back a roar of agreement, and they began to pick up speed.

Just then, Ruby froze.  “What’s wrong Ruby?” asked Chomper. “I don’t know what it is this time,” Ruby responded. “I don’t feel sick…just weird.”

Chomper just gave a worried look as Ruby began to move again.

BACK UNDERGROUND…………

The rex and fast biter led Tricia and Cera through the caverns. “Even though our leader doesn’t allow us to say our names to Outsiders, we can say what we’re called,” the rex commented suddenly.

“So…what are you called?” Cera asked, honestly not that interested.

“We’re called the Grounders,” the tyrannosaurus said. (Note to my readers: Sorry if you think the name I chose for the cult is dumb, I couldn’t think of anything better.)

Just then, they arrived at a wide open space in the cavern where other members of the Grounders were.

“What the….?” Cera asked amazed, seeing both sharpteeth and flatteeth in this group that lived under the surface of the land.

“What’s so surprising?” the fast biter asked confused.

“Why are sharpteeth and flatteeth not fighting each other?” Cera asked amazed.

The rex kid shrugged. “Simple, the sharpteeth eat only the Outsider leafeaters and our leafeaters just go out and eat the leaves and come back.”

“Oh…” said Cera, still not wondering why the sharpteeth didn’t eat these leafeaters. “So, do you have any parents or siblings down here?”

That made the two kids who had been their guides top in their tracks.  “Don’t mention stuff like that to us,” the young fast biter muttered angrily.

“Ok, sorry, sorry…” Cera apologized, realizing she must have touched a rough spot with this young one.

“We’re almost at the exit,” the rex said. Cera smiled.

“See Tricia, we’re getting closer to home.” She assured her sister.

BACK ABOVE GROUND…………
Just then, Cira noticed something in the water.  “Is that a whirlpool?” she asked with a dash of horror in her voice.

Veli stood beside her. “You…..don’t…think?” he asked, the confidence he had earlier missing.

Chomper, Ruby, and Tippy looked at the swirling fast water. “Cera……Tricia…it can’t be,” they said sadly.

Just then, Chomper noticed something odd. He got on his knees and looked carefully at the water.

“What do you see Chomper?” Ruby asked.

“Is that….a hole at the bottom of the whirlpool?” Chomper commented, squinting. “What?” went Ruby.

BACK UNDERGROUND………

Eventually, Cera and Tricia noticed a beam of light coming from a hole back to the overworld.  “It’s the exit!” Cera smiled, and Tricia laughed happily.

“Less go,” Tricia said to her older sister.  The fast biter siblings began to climb out of the hole.

“Just one thing,” the Grounder fast biter kid said, “Don’t tell any of the other Outsiders about this place.”

“Um....okay, sure,” Cera said, still finding the Grounders extremely bizarre.  She carried Tricia on her back and up the hole, and started running back towards their home.

As the two kids started walking back into their caverns, someone called for their attention.  “You two!” a voice yelled.  They turned around and saw that a spiketail member of the Grounders was the one who had just spoke.

“Yes?” they asked in unison.  “The leader asked for your presence now, he heard about your recent actions.”

“Oh crap,” the two kids said in unison but quickly headed to the leader’s cave anyway.

ABOVE GROUND………

After a few minutes of running, Cera saw some sharpteeth in the distance.  It was her family and friends! “Mom! Dad!!” Both siblings called.

“You hear something?” Veli asked Cira. Then they turned around and saw their children running towards them.

“CERA! TRICIA!” Veli, Cira, and the rest yelled happily, running up to the kids.

The siblings hugged their parents and their friends. “What happened to you two?” asked Chomper.

Cera remembered her promise.  “Well…me and Tricia….we managed to get back to shore, and we got hungry so I went to hunt for something,” Cera made up convincingly.

The others believed this.  “Let’s just get home,” Cira said, relieved to have her family reunited.

UNDERGROUND……….

The two kids arrived at the cave of the leader. (Whose species will currently remain unrevealed for now, as I actually haven’t settled on what it would be yet.)

“I heard you two helped two Outsiders out of these caves,” he said angrily to the young rex and fast biter. “Yes…” the replied guiltily.

“You should have known that if you see an Outsider, you kill them or at least convert them to our side,” the leader scolded.

“Yes…” they said again, “But they were our age, couldn’t we give them a break?” the rex asked by himself.

The leader let out a sigh. “I suppose since both of you are young, I’ll let this mistake slide. But don’t let something like this happen again.”

“Got it,” the two kids said.

“Good,” the leader smiled. He looked at the rex. “Now you be on your way Kain.” The rex nodded and ran off.

The leader then looked at the fast biter. “You too Howler.”

(Read and review! Hope this twist surprised you! Comments are appreciated, as always.)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Here’s chapter 9!)

Chapter 9: Oh Brother, You Art Here…

By this point in time, the sky water storms caused by the Days of Rising Waters had died down, allowing all the sharpteeth to enter the waterhole normally again.  The gang were all happy to see Cera safe.

“I can’t believe you managed to get yourself and Tricia to shore,” Littlefoot complimented, based off what Cera had told them about the incident. “Oh, it was nothing,” Cera lied in response.

Truth be told, even though the weird dinosaurs she met that day still bugged her mentally, she enjoyed the attention she got because of all this.  

“So let’s just go do something guys,” Cera said, wanting to change the subject.

“Yeah, who’s up for an adventure?” continued Littlefoot.

“All of us!” Chomper, Ruby, Ducky, Tippy, Guido, Petrie, and Spike (at least his grunts suggested that) said in response.  “But where to?” asked Chomper.

“Tippy thinks we should walk around and think about where we should do,” Tippy suggested.

“Good idea,” Guido complimented.  Most of the others knew why he complimented Tippy, the reason was obvious.

“So you guys are going on an adventure eh?” Shorty asked, walking into view.  “Yeah, we are,” Littlefoot replied. “Would you want to come Shorty?”

“I guess, I have nothing better to do with my time,” the young green sharptooth shrugged.

Along the way towards the exit of the valley, a thought entered Guido’s mind. “I have an idea of where we could go for our adventure,” the sharpbeak spoke up.

“Where?” his friends asked.  

“Well, I heard there’s this place sharpbeaks and sharptoothed flyers like to go to when they go on vacations,” Guido explained.

“What is this place?” asked Petrie.

“I heard that somewhere in the Mysterious Beyond, there’s the tallest tree in the world.  Flyers of all kinds like to stay on the high branches, they say the view is remarkable.”

“I think my uncle Pterano mentioned something like that once,” Petrie said, remembering his uncle’s stories.

“Then it’s settled,” Littlefoot announced. “That’s where we’ll head for our adventure.”

But on the way out of the Great Valley, they saw 3 familiar faces.

“Oh no…” muttered Littlefoot, Chomper, Cera, Ruby, Petrie, and Ducky.

“What?” asked Shorty, not getting why the group suddenly stopped.  

“Oh no no no,” Ducky grunted annoyed, diving back under the water.

“I don’t get what your guys’ problem is,” Shorty said.  

“It’s Hyp, Nod, and Mutt,” Chomper spoke up.  “Who?” asked Shorty.  “The bullies around here,” explained Ruby.  “A few months ago we competed against them in a tournament where they cheated.  Soon after that, they admitted they made a mistake, and Chomper stood up for Hyp when his father got mad at him, and they seemed to get nice for a while after that, but they’ve started bullying again recently.”

“That’s bad,” Shorty said, “But I bet I can scare them off.”  He added that last part with a laugh.

But then the Gang of Nine noticed something odd: Hyp looked freaked out about something.  “This can’t be happening…Why now….This has to be a joke….There’s no way,” he kept on muttering to Nod and Mutt.

Littlefoot and Chomper looked concerned. “We’re going to see what’s up,” the t-rexes said.  

The bully trio saw the two approaching them. “What do you two runts want?” asked Hyp angrily.

“We wanted to know what was bothering you,” Chomper explained. “Well, we ain’t telling,” Hyp retorted.

“Hyp’s older brother is coming to the Great Valley to visit,” Mutt said, forgetting what Hyp just told him not to do.

This surprised Littlefoot and Chomper. “I didn’t know you had an older brother Hyp,” said Littlefoot.

Hyp sighed, he might as well tell them all about it.  “He’s two cold times older than me,” he began, “And his name is Silo.”
“Silo?” Littlefoot and Chomper asked. Hyp nodded.  “But why are you so bothered Hyp?” Chomper asked.

“Get this,” replied Hyp “You know how I’m a bully to you?”

“Yes….” The two young sharpteeth replied annoyed.

“Well, imagine someone like that, only much worse,” Hyp gulped. This also made Chomper and Littlefoot gulp.

“He’s mean too?” Littlefoot asked.  “Meaner,” Nod said.

“He can’t be that bad,” Chomper commented, trying to find a bright side in this scenario.

“He’s terrible!” yelled Hyp, “My dad always complimented Silo. He was always the better hunter, and faster runner. He would always say how great Silo was and never offer me any help in the slightest!”

“Whoa….” Littlefoot said, feeling sorry for Hyp.  Even though he and Shorty occasionally had tussles and verbal arguments, the two brothers were never enemies.  He couldn’t imagine having that bad of a relationship with a sibling.

“Why doesn’t your brother live in the Valley?” Chomper asked.

“He left about 2 cold times ago to hunt with some mobile hunting party/herd,” Hyp explained, “And I know for sure he’s going to rub that in my face and call me a loser.”

Chomper and Littlefoot now felt really bad. “We can only hope he’s changed,” Littlefoot said.

“I doubt it, now you two, just scram,” Hyp said, not in a mean way, but a frustrated way, and that frustration was not because of the two little biters.

MEANWHILE……….

Mage was relaxing in a cave, building up his magic.  Even though Chomper’s reality-altering wish was the last really major use of his magic he did, he’d been having a weird feeling since Chomper released him from the Stone of Cold Fire.

“I wonder what this is,” Mage said to himself referencing the above-mentioned feeling “I haven’t felt like this since I was still inside the Stone.”  What the rainbow face spirit didn’t know was that this was a buildup.  A recovery period, if you will.

Truth be told, even though currently Mage could only use his magic for minor things, his ability to use more powerful spells would soon return.

And who knows? Maybe Chomper will have a wish that requires massive amounts of magic…..(Foreshadowing!!!)

BACK WITH THE GANG……….

Littlefoot and Chomper had rejoined their friends and told them about Silo.  They were equally surprised by the news.

“So Hyp has a brother who was mean to him? That’s bad, it is, it is,” Ducky said, the swimming sharptooth in a river beside them.

“Maybe if his family was nicer maybe Hyp wouldn’t have been a bully,” Ruby said.

“Yeah,” her friends agreed.

Just as they exited the Great Valley, all the young sharpteeth heard an unfamiliar voice.

“You know Hypsqueak?” a teenaged voice asked. (A pun I thought of, sounds like “pipsqueak”.)  

“Who’s there?” asked Cera.  The sharptooth who made that remark revealed himself. He had a color scheme similar to Hyp’s, and Littlefoot and Chomper knew who this had to be.

“Are you Silo?” Chomper asked.  “The one and only,” Hyp’s brother replied.

“We should get going now,” Guido whispered, not wanting to be around this sharptooth if Hyp’s description was accurate.  

“Where you runts going?” Silo asked, seeing them try to slip away.  “On an adventure,” Littlefoot replied.

“Adventuring,” Silo laughed, “Something your puny little twerps like to do.”

That made Chomper mad. “Like you’re any more exciting…” he muttered.

“What did you say?” Silo asked, clearly angered. “You’re just a bully,” Chomper replied.  “You have no right to be mean to Hyp or anyone else,” he went on, walking up to him.

“Oh yeah?” Silo asked, taking his claw and swiping at Chomper, who just barely managed to jump out of the way in time, and landed on his stomach because of that jump.

“That was uncalled for!” yelled Ruby, she and the others running to Chomper and helping him back up.  

“Ah….the runts helping each other, so cute,” Silo said sarcastically.

“WILL YOU SHUT UP?!!!” Someone yelled out of view.  It was Hyp, followed close behind by Mutt and Nod.  “Oh bro,” Silo laughed, “Come to get your share?”

“Leave them alone!” Hyp said sternly. “Why should I?” Silo scoffed, “I’ve heard you’ve been a bully yourself, I’m surprised you’re not joining in.”

Hyp grunted very angrily.  “I wouldn’t do that to my friends!” he yelled. The gang went wide-eyed. Though they has seen signs of Hyp’s softer side before, but they never heard him say they were his friends.

Silo just smirked at his brother’s actions.  “I’ll tell you what,” he began,” Since I’m so happy to see ya again, I’ll give you a break….for now.”  He then proceeded to walk into the Great Valley and left everyone alone.

“Wow Hyp….thanks,” Chomper smiled, impressed by what he had just done.

“Yeah Hyp, that was awesome! But I bet I could’ve stood up to him,” Cera laughed.

“Don’t mention it guys,” Hyp said, beginning to be a true friend to the gang.  “You should keep going on that adventure you meant to.”

“Wanna come?” Guido asked. “Nah, me, Mutt, and Nod will be busy,” Hyp replied.

“Bye!” the gang waved as they set up.  Hyp now felt more confident in issues dealing with his brother.

(Read and Review! In case you felt the silo storyline ended abruptly, don’t worry, it will be developed in later chapters. PS: What did you guys think of the twist at the end of the previous chapter?)

Next time on Sharptooth Valley II: Chomper has another dream about the past reality while the gang is at the world’s biggest tree, so he goes to Mage about it.  What will the little rex wish for now?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Thanks for the reviews guys, here’s chapter 10!)

Chapter 10: The Next Big Wish

The Gang continued on their way to the world’s biggest tree. “Could we stop for a bit?” Cera asked. “I’m getting hungry.”

Spike made a noise that suggested “Same here.”  Cera entered hunting mode, sniffing the air for the scent of any nearby prey.

“You sure look excited about hunting Cera,” Chomper commented, “Any particular reason?”  

“Don’t tell me you don’t remember,” Cera replied, “The Hunting Class final happens soon after the Days of Rising Waters are over.” “That’s right!” Ruby remembered.

The Hunting Final would decide if the kids were ready to hunt as part of the hunting troops when they got older. If they failed, they would have to wait till after the next cold time to try again.  

After taking a brief lunch break, the gang was on the move again.

Guido and Petrie looked up.  They could see other sharptoothed fliers high in the sky heading in one direction. “I think we’re going in the right direction,” Petrie grinned.

“Tippy’s glad to hear that,” Tippy said.

“Ok, I’m just going to ask,” Shorty spoke up. “Tippy, how come you always say your name instead of saying “I” or “me”?”

“There’s nothing wrong with how Tippy talks,” Guido said.

“Ok…” Shorty said, deciding to let it not bother him.  

A FEW MINUTES LATER……….

Turns out, the tree did exist. “Whoa…..” everyone awed in unison.  “This is amazing!” Guido grinned.

“But we can’t up there,” Littlefoot said, staring at the branches high above. “So what can us ground walkers do?”

“I guess just stay and hang out here at the base,” suggested Petrie.  “That’s no fun,” grunted Cera.

“Well, I don’t know what else we can do,” Guido said. “Come on Petrie, let’s fly!”

The two flying predators took to the skies to talk with the other fliers who were up above.  The rest of the gang had no choice but to stay down below.

“Just great,” Shorty sighed, “We came all this way just for Petrie and Guido to have all the fun.”

“Oh, don’t complain Shorty,” Ruby said, trying to brighten the mood. “There are some dinosaurs who don’t think this place even exists. Now we’d be able to prove them wrong.”

“I guess you have a point,” Shorty responded.  “But what can we do while we’re here?”

“Hmm…..maybe we could play tag, or try to climb this,” Littlefoot suggested, the latter half of that claim being sarcastic.

Just then Chomper yawned.  “I think I’m going to take a nap guys,” the t-rex announced.

“We’ll stay close by,” Littlefoot said.

UP AT THE TOP OF THE TREE……….

In case you’re wondering how big this tree was, I’ll provide a description of it to you right now:  The trunk was about as wide as a full-grown belly dragger, and as tall as tall as a longneck from the tip of the tail to about halfway up the head, if it was being held straight up.

Petrie and Guido were talking with all the other fliers who were hanging out above at the branches. They found out that flatooth flyers use this place when the carnivores aren’t around.  

“So, what’s it like living in the Great Valley?” a girl sharptoothed flier asked.

“It’s nice,” Petrie nodded.  “Prey is always easy to catch when you hunt as a group.

“That reminds me,” the girl laughed, “Me and my family live above this canyon where flateeth often pass through, so we can always get a hold of prey without too much trouble.”

Petrie smirked a little. “So what’s your name?” he asked.

“Ptera,” the girl replied. “That’s close to my mom’s name,” noted Petrie.  Guido meanwhile flew around to talk to others.

Some girl sharpbeaks noticed Guido and thought he was a little cute.  Guido waved to them, but he already decided where his heart would be set.

“Tippy’s the one for me,” he thought, “Now I just need to make sure I beat Spike to winning her heart.”

He was distracted with his thoughts just long enough for him to fail to see he was heading right for a tree branch. He made a direct collision and began to fall, luckily there was a branch for him to land on safely.

BACK AT THE GROUND…….

Chomper got cozy at the bottom of the tree trunk and felt his eyelids get heavier. “Night…” he whispered to his friends, though it was still afternoon technically.

IN CHOMPER’S SLEEP STORY………..

Once again, Chomper ended up in the realm called the dreamscape.  This time around, he was in a cave, but it was one he recognized.

“These….are the Secret Caverns!” he realized, and wondered what he was doing back in the Great Valley.  However, after he took a few steps outside, he quickly got all the evidence he needed to realize that this was a dream.

It was filled with all the dinosaurs……in their original flatteeth forms!  “This is just like before I made my wish!”  Just then, he heard voices calling for him.

“Chomper! Chomper! Hey Chomper!” Littlefoot’s flattooth voice called. Indeed, when Chomper turned his head he saw his 6 friends in the original reality forms run up to him.

“You slept deeply today,” Ruby laughed, “It’s almost lunchtime.”

“Oh, really?” Chomper asked with a nervous laugh. Again, he was having another dream like this!  

“So what are we going to do today guys?” asked Cera.

“Play Toss the Seed,” suggested Petrie. “How about we go on an adventure?” Ruby suggested in return with a smirk.

“To where?” Chomper asked, deciding to play along with this sleep story.  

“The Mysterious Beyond,” Ruby said with a tone suggesting she was really in an adventurous mood.

“I don’t know about that,” Littlefoot replied.  “I’m not sure if it’s safe to go out into the Mysterious Beyond, with Redclaw still around….”

All of a sudden, the words “Redclaw still around…” began to echo, but only to Chomper. It was creeping him out.

“Do you guys here an echo?” Chomper asked. Everyone else nodded no.  “You must have problem with ears,” Petrie said, “Maybe we take you to Mr. Thicknose.”

“No, I’ll….I’ll be fine,” Chomper assured.

“But come on Littlefoot, even with all those sharpteeth, we’ll be fine,” Ruby assured.

“I’m not so sure Ruby, oh no no no,” Ducky said.  

“Ok…I’ll admit, there still might be some danger, because me and Chomper still haven’t really saved the Mysterious Beyond yet…” Ruby said.

Then it happened again. The majority of Ruby’s last sentence (Starting from the word “Because”) began to echo only to Chomper.  However, unlike the first echo, this one didn’t stop.  In fact, the first phrase that echoed began to join in, the two quotes repeating non-stop in Chomper’s head.

“Stop it….” The young sharptooth grunted in mental pain.

“Stop what?” asked Cera, the dream form of her not seeing what was happening.  In Chomper’s head, the phrases were only echoing louder and louder, much to Chomper’s dismay.

“Stop….stop….STOP IT!!” Chomper roared, wanting the voices to go away.

That was all it took to make him reawake.

IN THE REAL WORLD…….

Littlefoot, Ruby, Shorty, and the rest (Sharptoothed forms, of course) gathered around Chomper, looking concerned.  

“What were you having a sleep story about Chomper?” Ruby asked, she and the rest saw how he was shaking in his sleep.

“Um…well…I was being chased by……a whole heard of longnecks,” Chomper lied again.  Luckily, once again, his friends believed him.

“That must have been really scary,” Littlefoot said. “I bet that even could scare Cera.”

“Hey!” Cera grunted. Everyone began to giggle, Chomper included. He was starting to be able to calm himself down.  Looking up above, the gang saw Guido and Petrie  flying down back towards them.

“This place was fun,” Petrie said, “Agreed, we should come here again,” Guido concurred.

“This would be a perfect place to show some of my stunts to others,” Petire said with his naturally crazy confidence.  

“Tippy thinks we should go home now, Tippy’s getting hungry,” the belly dragger announced.

“Yeah,” everyone replied, licking their lips and rubbing their stomachs.

LATER THAT EVENING………

Ruby was eating her dinner at Sharptooth’s cave. The leader of the valley caught a big spiketail.

“Thanks for catching dinner,” Ruby spoke up between bites. “Don’t mention it young one,” Sharptooth replied.

The leader of the Great Valley was pleased with the times of peace the valley had been having.  No major conflicts had occurred since the Rinkus and Sierra nightmare.

However, recently, he started to have weird feelings. Almost like premonitions…but he wasn’t seeing anything. He just had a thought in the back of his mind…that something was coming.

“Something wrong?” Ruby asked suddenly.

“No, nothing,” Sharptooth replied, not wanting to make her worry.

AT CHOMPER’S CAVE………

Since Chomper and the gang were gone for most of the day, Dein and Terri had already caught dinner for the family: A nice, big longneck.  They had placed it in the center of the cave and began to dig in.

“Dig on son,” offered Dein, looking at Chomper, who was currently deep in his thoughts.

“What do these sleep stories mean?” Chomper thought to himself, “Why do I keep seeing the old reality?”

“Uh son, dinner,” Dein called again. He was able to catch his son’s attention this time. Chomper walked over to the meat and looked at it.

Memories of Littlefoot in his original longneck form entered his head.  Even though he had eaten longneck plenty of times in the past, but tonight…he just felt odd.  He almost wasn’t hungry…for meat, anyways.

“You know mom and dad, I don’t think I’m hungry,” Chomper announced.

“Really?” Terri asked, surprised.  “Yeah, mom,” her son replied. “I think I’m just going to go take a little walk.”

Outside, Chomper walked along looking at the ground.  The past few weeks had been a very weird experience for him. After a short distance, he saw something lying on the ground: a lone treestar that had fallen off of a tree. He picked it up.

It was a crazy thing for a sharptooth to think to even try to eat green food, but Chomper, just at that moment, was actually considering giving up meat.

He picked up the treestar and opened wide. Slowly, he stuck it in his mouth and took a bite. It was then that he realized….

“Who am I kidding?!” he yelled, spitting out the treestar. “That stuff tastes awful!!”
Chomper than ran back to his family’s cave, hoping his parents still had some of that longneck left.

LATER THAT NIGHT…………

Even though his dining habit problem had been quickly solved, Chomper still wanted to get these odd sleep stories to end.  And he had a crazy idea of how to possibly do that.

After the Bright Circle had gone down for a while, most of the sharpteeth in the valley had fallen asleep, Dein and Terri included.  Chomper knew this was his chance to go and find Mage.

Sneaking out of his family’s cave, Chomper looked around for a spot where no one else was around, so he could call for the rainbow face.

“Mage? Hey Mage!” the sharptooth called, not loud enough to wake anyone.

Sure enough, Mage soon magically appeared right beside Chomper. “Something I can help you with?” Mage asked his friend.

“Yeah, there is,” Chomper responded, “And it’s something big, actually.”

“What is it?” Mage asked, intrigued. “Well, for a little while now, I’ve been having sleep stories about the world before I made my wish,” Chomper explained in reply, “And they’ve been really creepy, and I want them to stop.”

“So how can I be of assistance?” asked Mage.

“Well, I was thinking….is there anything you could do with your magic so I could visit the old reality for a short while?” Chomper asked.

TO BE CONTINUED………….

(There’s Chapter 10, hope you like it!  The bit where Chomper considers giving up meat was inspired by Just Loves Anime (Or just loves LBT on GOF), but it was I who thought of the bit where he quickly reconsiders that. Read and review!)

Next time on Sharptooth Valley II: With the help of Mage’s ability to once again use powerful magic, Chomper visits the old reality! Rory, Rita, and Myra’s old forms will be back next chapter.