The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

An idea for A Case Closed crossover fic....

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As some of you here know, I'm a huge Case Closed/Detective Conan fan.  Well, after chatting with Dima02, a fellow Conan fan here on GOF, I began to develop an idea for a crossover fic with LBT.

Basically, in general, it would involve some of the main characters from Case Closed via some means (I've considered either supernatural or the computer AI from movie 6 somehow) transporting the characters to the LBT universe, where they'd be turned into dinosaurs and they'd have to solve crimes that occur if they want to make it back to Tokyo (or whatever vague city they live in in the English dub).

The cases, in the style of the anime/manga, would usually be murder cases (however they wouldn't be anything extreme since Case Closed is rather tame), and all the victims and the culprits would be OCs (and grown-ups, don't worry, none of the Gang will go insane), though I might have the canon characters wind up suspected. (If I made this and posted it on ff.net, I'd be rating it T for sure.)

But then I realized, I'd be rather limited with what I could do with having whodunits/howdunits in the time of the dinosaurs, I decided to expand my idea to have them warp to another universe after they solve a case, and so on, and so forth.

Some of the universe I'd be adding include:
The Lion King
An American Tail
Final Fantasy X
All Dogs go to Heaven
Fraggle Rock (Yes...I'm that twisted  :lol )

For every universe where murder is the crime though, I will follow the pattern of Ocs being the suspects and victims while trying to keep the canon characters as in-character as possible. (And universe like Lion King and Fraggle Rock would have the Case Closed characters transform to fit the environments, while they would remain human in others like FFX.)

I wanted to run this idea by everyone here so I could here what other people thought of it, because I wouldn't want to jump into this blindly.

So...what do you guys think?