The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Always the Same Sun

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
The sequel to Lost in a Forest! Here's the introduction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dream Sequence

Pterano smirked as he and his herd reached their destination: a small and peaceful looking green valley. It wasn’t the Great Valley, but it did have plenty of green food. “We will stop here for the night,” he announced, landing on a rock formation as he watched his herd arrive.

“Wow, nice place!” a female swimmer exclaimed as the next thing she did was getting herself some green food.

“Yeah, who would’ve thought you had it in you, Pterano?” a female threehorn agreed as she watched her three hatchlings fallow the swimmer. “Okay, kids, don’t you go wondering too far, ya hear?”

“You got it, Mom!” one of the threehorn hatchlings shouted back before disappearing in the distance.

“Well I just thought it was the perfect place to rest so-“ he was interrupted when his worst nightmare happened. A terrible rockslide took place, fallowed by a trio of candy-striped sharpteeth.

“Everyone! Run! Get out of here!” he shouted, or at least he tried to, but it proved to be useless. Because they were being cornered by sharpteeth, the herd couldn’t hear him at all. Every where he turned, every where he laid his dark blue eyes on, these poor innocent dinos were becoming dinner. He watched helplessly as the female swimmer that was getting herself green food hung at the edge of the cliff, clinging on to the edge for dear life. Her eyes were begging for help.

Pterano was about to help her, but before he could do so, the edge broke apart, sending the poor swimmer to her death. He couldn’t take this any more as he shielded his eyes. He was about to flee for dear life when…

“Pterano!”

He turned his head in the direction the female voice came from. He was utterly surprised out of his skin when he saw a purple female flyer hiding in the trees. “Pterano…Pterano…”

It was then he realized that he recognized that voice and the purple flyer any where. “Haylie?” He whispered in complete shock.

“Pterano…Pterano…”

…………………………………………..

“Pterano!”

The sweating red flyer snapped his eyes open as his heart pounded in his chest. “Pterano!” Devon asked him worriedly. “Are you okay?”

Pterano hesitated a few minutes as he took a few breaths, trying his best to calm himself down. He turned his head to the blue flyer by his side, then to Littlefoot, Ruby, Chomper, Petrie, Ducky, Spike, and then Cera who all stared back at him with utter concern. He then looked at the night sky behind him. “Pterano?” Littlefoot spoke, snapping the red flyer into reality.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Pterano finally replied. “I just had a bad sleep story, that’s all.”

“Who’s Haylie?” Chomper asked in curiosity.

“She’s…” Pterano sighed again. “Don’t worry about it, just get some sleep. You’re gonna need it if you’re going to play tomorrow.”

The seven nodded, curled up, immediately falling sleep afterwards. Except for Devon, who just continued to stare at him in concern. “Are you sure you’re okay? That was quite the sleep story, ya know.”

“Don’t worry about me, son. Just get back to sleep.” Pterano replied. “Just get back to sleep, alright? I’ll be fine…” he trailed off as the sleepy blue flyer curled up to him. Pterano smiled at his son then stared up at the ceiling. “I hope…”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooh...can you feel the suspense?

Enjoy.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nice opening. It's just like the opening you had for the original Lost in a Forest. A short but sweet opener that sets the mood, but doesn't really give too much away. I was at the edge of my seat after I realized which herd you were talking about.

I was a little worried when you said you'd do a sequel. Not being mean or anything, mind you. It's just Lost in a Forest was such a complete story in and off itself. It can really stand on it's own, it's so good. Anything that wants to expand on that story better do a good job at it, or it might kind of ruin it in a way. that's all.

Though now I'm not so worried. Looks like your going to focus more on Pterano's regrets with this one, and bringing in some new OC's?

Not much else I can say right now. Interested to see what plot this is going to have.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ooh, yeah, looks insteresting so far! Poor Pterano, it's true what they say you always are your worst critic and even if the whole Valley does evetually forgive him it's like he'll carry this around. Well, I'll see where you take it next! :)

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yes, that was a nice opener. I think this'll be a great story.  :)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, this I was not really expecting, heh heh. Nice. As was said before, nice opener and I think this will be a good story. I look forward to more! ;)

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Makes me wonder who Haylie is now. :) Short start, but you got a mystery going, so that's good. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Country-flyer

• Ruby
    • View Profile
This story certainly looks promising. I am kind of curious who Haylie is.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Hey guys, Sorry it took so long! I couldn't get on the computer for days. But on the plus side, I completed four chapters this weekend! Yay!!!! Anyway!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Fishing

“Are you ready?”

Devon spreaded his wings and smiled at his old father who was spreading his wings as well. “Bring it on, old flyer!” he shouted confidently as they took off into the air, first diving for the grass below and then pulling up at the last minute.

“Let’s see if you can keep up with me this time, hotshot!” Pterano challenged the younger flyer, flying higher.

“Hey, let’s not forget who keeps running into trees during flights like these!” Devon shot back, fallowing the older flyer.

“Quiet you!” Pterano returned and all of a sudden, he smirked. Which only meant one thing…

Pterano flew real low so that he was under his son as he rolled onto his back, looking at him straight in the eyes. “So…” he started coolly, still smirking evilly. “You think old flyers like me can’t dance? Well, let’s see you do this…”

Without another word, the red flyer back flipped, aiming himself toward the earth about a thousand feet below him. And thus, the free fall began as he aimed his beak straight down, fallowed by the rest of his body. He closed his eyes at the wind blew rapidly past him. He felt like a flying rock, the so called “Stone of Cold Fire” to be exact, entering the earth’s atmosphere. Slow and steady at first then faster and faster each second. One second, he’d be travelling five meters per second and the next he would be travelling ten meters per second towards the ground. And so on and so on…

No more than ten feet off the ground, Pterano snapped his eyes open, spreading his wings and pulled up, launching himself towards Devon. And speaking of Devon…

The blue flyer just stared down the path Pterano went, desperately searching for even the smallest sign of Pterano. Oh dear, he sure hoped nothing bad had happened. He was about to fly in and help when…

“WAAAAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!” Pterano shouted to the heavens from behind the blue flyer. Devon couldn’t help but smile in relief as Pterano rushed in front of him, performing a couple front flips while doing so. “Take that, hotshot!!”

Devon chuckled ate this; Pterano was just your average child at heart, wasn’t he? “Crazy grandpa flyer…” he muttered, smiling, though he was quiet thankful Pterano couldn’t hear. He fallowed the older flyer, quickly catching up to him.

“As you may have noticed, I improved…” Devon smirked at the older flyer.

Pterano chuckled heartily, smiling proudly at his son. “I see you have, young one…” he paused, smirking back. “But its not enough…” With that, he shot himself diagonally towards the beach below them with Devon close behind him.

The blue flyer flew above the older flyer, keeping a good lead over his father. He was the first one to land on the beach, right next to the Big Water so he could feel that refreshing liquid smother his sweaty feet. He waited for the aging flyer to land beside him before they immediately pulled into an embrace. “Yay!! I did it!!!” he practically shouted into the older flyer’s ear. But why did that matter? Devon finally reached his goal and Pterano was proud of him nonetheless. “After all these years, I finally beat you!”

“Yes, you did.” Pterano chuckled, tightening his strong arms around Devon’s back, pulling him closer. “I’m very proud of you, my son.”

Devon nuzzled his shoulder, tightening his arms around Pterano’s neck, never ever wanting to let go of him. He absolutely loved it when Pterano called him “Son.” And he absolutely loved calling him “Dad.” He loved the older flyer with all of his heart and he was so thankful to have him as a father. He even gave Pterano a gentle, loving kiss on the cheek.

The father and son reluctantly broke the hug as they smiled fondly, nuzzling each other’s beaks lightly. “Well, now. Let’s get fishing, shall we?” Pterano offered.

“Of course, Dad.”

Pterano took off to the sky, Devon close behind. “Let’s see who can catch the most fish,” the blue flyer challenged.

“You’re on,” Pterano replied. From then on, the two flyers caught as many fish as they could before the sun was setting over the horizon. Both of their fish piles were big, but no taller than their knees. They looked pretty much the same size, which made it hard to decide who the winner was so…”Wanna just call it a draw?” Devon offered.

“Yeah…” Pterano agreed. With that being said, the two flyers sat next to the rock formation to feast on their fish. Devon took his first fish and held it above his beak…

Only to have it snatched right out of his grasp by Pterano. “Hey!” he reacted.

Pterano just laughed, standing up on his feet. He sniffed the fish. “Mmm…salmon, my favorite, “ he teased as he walked around with the fish in his mouth playfully.

“You’re funny, Pterano.” Devon returned sarcastically. “Really mature…” The blue flyer tried to grab it from the older flyer but Pterano snatched it away just in time.

“My fishy!” Pterano growled playfully with his mouth full as he continued to walk away from Devon, hands on his hips. “Mine!” Devon saw his chance to launch himself towards the red flyer, hopping on his back, causing Pterano to spit the fish out of his mouth. But he caught the fish before it could go in the sand. The next thing Pterano did was bend down, causing Devon to roll off his back.

Devon immediately recovered and lunged at the older flyer again, only to be held back by the beak. Devon pushed with all his might but he just couldn’t break out of the red flyer’s grip. Pterano was about to consume the fish when…

He fell beak first into the sand, dropping the fish while doing so. The fish landed in Devon’s hand and he finally consumed the fish and Pterano…well let’s just say that he got nothing but a mouth full of sand.

The red flyer rolled onto his back to figure out what had just happened. Devon had pulled back, breaking himself from the beak grip. Pterano was leaning on Devon, preventing the blue flyer from getting the fish. And because Devon had broke away, Pterano had nothing left to lean on, so that sent him falling beak first into the sand.

Devon practically had a laughing fit as he helped his father up on his feet. “Very funny, Devon,” Pterano spoke with a raspy voice.

About twenty minutes later, Pterano and Devon watched the sun set, remaining silent until…

“Dad?”

“Hmm?”

“Are you okay?” Devon asked worriedly. “You’re…usually not this quiet.”

Pterano chuckled softly, patting his son’s head. “Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.”

Devon gave him a “Yeah, right.” look. Last time Pterano said that, he overheard him mutter, “I hope..” just before he fell asleep that night. “It’s about that sleep story, isn’t it?”

Pterano cursed at himself. He loved his son with all his heart and would do anything for him, but sometimes, he just hated it when Devon could read minds. There were three options to get out of this situation.

He could tell his son the truth.

He could lie.

Or he could play dumb.
Actually, playing dumb doesn’t sound like a bad idea right now…”Sleep story? What sleep story?”

“The herd…”

So much for wishful thinking. Pterano sighed. He might as well…”It’s just…ever since I’ve had that dream, I couldn’t stop thinking about…her…”

Devon nudged him gently. “Dad, Haylie’s in a better place now. You don’t have to worry about her anymore.”

“I still miss her though.”

“I’m sure you do,” Devon wrapped an arm around him, giving him a side hug. “But like I said before, you’re not alone in this world. You’ve got me.”

Pterano lovingly at his son. “You’re right,” he leaned against his head gently. “What would I do without you.”

“Yes, I’m a very important creature…” Devon smirked.

Pterano chuckled heartily as he rested his beak on the blue flyer’s head. “That’s right. I’m very proud of you, you know that?”

“At least you are…” Devon pulled away, hanging his head.

Pterano studied him for a moment. He at first wondered what he was talking about but as soon as he recognized the unforgettable look Devon had when he had just confronted his former father, the red flyer knew exactly what this was all about. He placed a fatherly arm around the blue flyer, pulling him close. “Hey, it’s okay. Sierra’s long gone. He can’t hurt you anymore.”

“I know, but still…”

“And even if he did, I’d kick him right out of the Great Valley.” Pterano interrupted, pulling the boy close to his chest.

Devon just shut his eyes, sliding his arms around Pterano’s back. Man, I’m so lucky to have him as a father, Devon thought to himself as the older flyer stroked his head gently.

They broke the hug, smiling fondly at eachother. “Let’s go home, shall we?” Devon spoke. “I sense Petrie is getting worried about you.”

“Of course.” With that being said, the two flyers packed up all the fish they’ve caught into giant treestar sacks. They spreaded their wings and took off into the sunset…

Totally unaware that they were being watched the whole time.

A couple of flyer figures landed on the beach exactly where Pterano and Devon were at. The purple crested flyer walked up to the shore, feeling the water smash against her feet. “What is it?” asked the male flyer in a soft British accent.

“I think I know him…” the purple flyer replied, staring curiously in Pterano and Devon’s path.

“What makes you think that?”

“I don’t know. But for some reason, every time I look at him, the feeling ofde ja vu sweeps over me.” She turned to her pink partner. “Come Rinkus, let us head wherever they are going.”

With that being said, the two flyers took off in Pterano and Devon’s direction, totally unaware of what’s to come…

---------------------------------------------------------------

WHOA! WHAT A CHAPTER!!! Man this took me so long to type, like three or four hours! Holy crud!

Enjoy!
 :smile
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just got home from work, bud. Be patient, young one :p

Rinkus hasn't been in this story yet, right? And is that Haylie? I guess we'll find out soon enough  :DD

You've wrote some more great touching scenes, and you've managed to put some humor in them this time, which I really like. I always thought of Pterano being a bit of a kid at heart. :lol:

Looking forward to the next chapter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Country-flyer

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Awesome chapter! Pterano and Devon are a really sweet father-son pair, I love the thought of Pterano having a son figure. I am interested to see how this relationship between Pterano and Haylie will work out.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So if this is indeed Haylie, she's with Rinkus, which is interesting, as it would mean Haylie is NOT originally what I thought she was... provided this is of course Haylie. She certainly isn't what I was expecting. :)

I liked the homage to "Past that Yawns Behind" in there. Thanks.  :DD Was a rather good move, Pterano turning onto his back and executing his free fall.  :DD You'll see that again I'm sure. ;)

Overall, a pretty good chapter, just some bonding time and whatnot, and leads to questions of who exactly Haylie is now. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Nice Job on "Fishing"!  I loved it. Pterano still knows how to do some cool flying tricks. And I loved it when Devon and Pterano watched the sunset.

Rinkus is gonna be in the story too? I like to hear that. This'll be great.

What a long, great chapter. and VERY well written, too. Pterano and Devon are the perfect father and son!  :D  This story is gonna be just as good as "Lost In A Forest" I can tell already!  :yes

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
I'm so glad you liked chapter one every one! Pterano, yes you did inspire me a bit on the whole Pterano dive thing.  :lol

HERES CHAPTER TWO EVERYONE!!! Warning: It gets sad...

Dinner

Tory and Petrie stood at the cave opening while his siblings just played randomly in the background. They were waiting for Pterano and Devon to return, though they’ve been standing there for about an hour at the most. Petrie looked up at his mother. “Mama, what’s taking Uncle so long?” he complained.

“I don’t know sweetie…” the older flyer replied worriedly. What if there was a reason why Pterano was taking so long? What if they got caught in a storm? What if they got hurt? Or worse, what if a sharptooth found them? She winced at the thought.

The mother and son didn’t have to wait any longer, for they spotted tiny flyer figures with giant tree star in their paws. Pterano and Devon landed in the cave, taking the tree star sacks into their hands. “Hi there!” Devon greeted as Tory wrapped her arms around his neck. He couldn’t help but smile as he hugged her back. Ever since Pterano had taken him in, he has always thought of her as an aunt. In fact, legally, she was his aunt!

“Are you boys alright?” Tory asked, cupping her nephew’s cheeks.

“Yeah, we’re okay.” Pterano replied, placing his tree star sack on the ground, digging out a fish and tossed it to his younger sister, smirking. ”Think fast!”

Too bad she didn’t. Cause she wasn’t paying attention when Pterano tossed that fish as she concentrated on her adoptive nephew. She looked just in time for the fish to hit her on the beak, nearly sending pain in her eyes from the juice. “Ow!”

“Ooops! Sorry. But…I did warn you…” Pterano apologized.

She rolled her eyes at his comment. “UNCLE!!!” Petrie shouted, soaring straight into his uncle’s arms as though he was a magnet. That caused the older flyer to drop to his knees due to the momentum.

“Well,” Pterano chuckled warmly, hugging his little-wait a minute! Petrie was no longer the little hatchling that could fit on Pterano’s beak anymore. In the last two years, he has grown quite a bit. In fact, he was just a little taller than the height of Pterano’s leg. So, practically, Petrie was tall enough to reach his uncle’s shoulders. Pterano chuckled warmly, hugging his growing nephew close to his chest. “Hello there, Petrie.”

As if on cue, two of Petrie’s siblings attacked him with hugs, fallowed by four more and then three more, causing the older flyer to fall on his back with an “Ooof!” Pterano couldn’t help but chuckle as his nephews and nieces snuggled up to him. He brought his wings as far as he could around the young ones. “Let me rephrase that! Well, hello there, young ones.”

Devon and Tory shared a look, shrugging before Tory clapped her hands twice. “Okay, kids,” she smirked. “You’re uncle’s not as young as he used to be. Now get off before you hurt his back.”

“Yes Mama,” the flyers replied in unison before stumbling off the red flyer. Except for Petrie, who remained in Pterano’s lap when he sat back up, resting on his arms.

“Oh, come on, Mama,” Petrie told the female flyer. “He not that old.”

“Thatta boy!” Pterano cheered, embracing his nephew, pulling him close to his chest. He reached for a fish and handed it to Petrie. “Here you go! Way to stand up for your dear uncle!”

“Thank you, Uncle,” Petrie replied, gazing up at his uncle in great admiration before he consumed the fish.

Pterano stood at the opening of his and Devon’s cave, just staring up at the stars like he usually would do if he couldn’t sleep. Except this time, he had a reason for not being able to sleep…

*Flashback*

Pterano soared in the air, carrying a couple fish in his mouth. It has been a few weeks since he had proposed to his long time girlfriend, Haylie. Haylie, that was such a pretty name he thought. He was so glad that in a few days, he and Haylie would not only be officially married, but they would also be parents. Just then, the sky turned dark, the clouds forming above him. And it started raining. “Oh great,” he thought. Sky water was the last thing he needed.

A few minutes later he was about to reach his cave when lightning had hit, nearly knocking the red flyer off balance. And just when he thought the rain was bad, a sea monster lurked in the Big Water below him. He gasped as he didn’t have any time to flee as the sea monster burst out of the Big Water, aiming its jaws for him.

He dodged and the swimming sharptooth dove back into the Big Water. “Pterano!!!”

He turned himself around to see a female flyer, dark purple on the outside, light purple on the inside, crested and a reddish-pink neck ring, lunging towards him. “Haylie!! NO!!! Don’t come near!!!” Pterano shouted, trying to signal her to save herself.

But she kept lunging at him as the sea monster bursted out of the Big Water, once again lunging for the red flyer. Pterano turned his neck to see rows of sharp teeth, both top and bottom and a tongue just waiting to get a taste of him. He braced himself for impact until…
A strong force rammed him to the side, pushing him away from the sharptooth’s mouth. The red flyer regained his balance to see what had happened. He could see the tail of the sharptooth sink back into the water, never to be seen again. But he couldn’t find any sign of Haylie.

“Haylie...?” Pterano called, but it was in a voice so soft that only he could hear. “Haylie…?” His eyes widened as he realized that Haylie had sacrificed herself to save him. He then remembered about the eggs that Haylie had laid a few weeks before. “Oh no…”

Pterano flew off at full speed to the cave that he and Haylie were going to raise their family in. But only to see that his eggs have disappeared as well. His heart sank and sadness swooped over him. Egg stealers must have gotten them, or they must have been snatched by a flying sharptooth. “Oh no…” he tried to search the area, but he could find not even the smallest sign for survivors. He screamed in anger as he pounded his fists on the ground, causing a couple of tiny rocks to jump from the impact.

“Okay, calm down, Pterano.” He told himself, trying his hardest to calm himself down. “Maybe I’m overreacting. Maybe she made it and on her way right this minute.” He was about to take off to find Haylie when a tall, green, non-crested elderly flyer landed in his cave. He placed a hand on the frightened red flyer’s shoulder. “Pterano…”

“Where is she, Clayton? Is she out there?”

The green flyer shook his head. “I’m sorry, Pterano,” he spoke in a raspy voice. “She’s not with us anymore…”

“What do you mean?” he knew the answer but he was in denial.

“She’s gone, Pterano…”

It had been almost thirty five years since then. When his girlfriend died, he only had his Uncle Peter to help him through his loss. That lasted a long twenty years and just when Pterano was finally seeing the light, his uncle had passed away of old age. Fifteen years later, Petrie was born.

Pterano let a few tears of grief run down his cheeks. “Oh, Haylie…if only I was there to protect you…” He nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard a cool voice call out from behind him.

“Hello, Pterano. Did you miss me?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooohhh! Look what we have here... :lol

Enjoy.  :smile

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Great flashback! I feel really sorry for Pterano, especially for his family-to-be that never was. Poor eggs :(

You're great at cliffhangers. I'm wondering who that voice is. From past experience, I'm guessing it's probably Haylie, but it'd be exciting if it was Sierra or Rinkus.

I'm hoping the next chapter has some action in it. All of these touching scenes are good, but I need some action too!
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
I thought I was keeping up with reviewing after reading. Apparently not. Anyway last two additions have been great as well. If Haylie had that deep a past connection I'm sort of surprised she didn't recoqnize Pterano straight off rather than the de'ja vu, but like you said, going by the same "human years" it has been like thirty years or something so I guess that explains that.

Hmm, makes me suddenly realize though...maybe it isn't Haylie who just said hi! Of course it could be...or you could just be messing with your readers again... :)

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
One thing I noticed. You say that Haylie apparently died from that swimming sharptooth 35 years ago, yet in the flashback in the prolugue, she's apparently there in that valley during the tragedy? That doesn't make much sense to me, unless there's something else here I don't see.
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
I hate to disappoint you, Vonboy, but there is no action in this chapter whatsoever. There will be action in later chapters, I promise you that.  :)

Okay, before I begin, I friggin cried writing this chapter! And I never cry during romantic moments, I swear! My own writing is getting to me...

Yes, this chapter is very romantic. But don't worry, it doesn't have any...kinky scenes. I don't write those.  :p Just sweet, romantic moments between-

ONTO CHAPTER THREE!!!!!!

You and I

“Hello, Pterano. Did you miss me?”

Pterano whirled around at the recognizable female voice he missed so much to see none other than…”Haylie?”

“Hey, Pterano…” the female purple flyer explained, tears of joy forming in her eyes. “I-I’m sorry I couldn’t get to you sooner. It’s just…when I escaped from the swimming sharptooth that night, I couldn’t find you. I searched every where, but I could never find you. I thought you were dead and I failed to protect you and-“ Pterano couldn’t help it any more as he rushed up to her, scooping her up in his arms and kissing her tenderly for the first time in thirty five years. At first, she was shocked by his action but then she wrapped her arms around his neck, deepening the kiss.

“Oh, Haylie,” Pterano spoke smoothly, cupping her cheeks. “Do you know how long I’ve waited for you? Do you know much I’ve longed to sweep you off your feet again?”

“I’m so sorry, Pterano,” she said, kissing him affectionately.

“No, I’m sorry,” Pterano placed her down on the ground, but still cradling her in his arms. “I knew you were out there. I just didn’t realize it.” he kissed her forehead. “Oh Haylie,” he kissed her cheek.  “My beautiful baby blossom…” he kissed her other cheek before cupping the both of them. “I love you, Haylie.” He pulled her close to his chest. “I’ve missed you so much.”

“I’ve missed you too, Ronnie,” Haylie sobbed into the red flyer’s chest as he cradled her close to him, burying his face into her neck before resting his beak over her head. He decided he’d sing her the one verse he’s been dreaming to sing to her since he was young. “Whisper in my ear a wish, we could drift away. Held tight, your voice inside my head. The kiss is infinite and ours alone tonight. We could drift away…” he kissed her forehead once again before whispering, “We could drift away…”

They remained silent as Haylie enjoyed the sound of his heartbeat, finally calming herself down. They reluctantly broke the hug, taking eachother’s hands and nuzzling eachother’s beaks. “Are you okay?” Pterano asked in his soft British accent that Haylie adored so much.

“I am now, thanks to you,” she replied.

“Come, Baby Blossom, let us fly through the night.” The red flyer offered, tightening his hands around hers.

She smiled warmly at him. “Of course, my little Ronnie.” And with that the two love flyers took off into the night, soaring over the sleeping dinosaurs below them. The happy couple gazed into eachothers’ dark blue eyes and grassy green eyes for a romantic moment before Pterano flew higher, aiming himself for the clouds. He flew around the cloud, creating an “ice cream cone” shape before catching up with Haylie.

Haylie smirked at him before diving for the ground. At first Pterano was shocked and confused but then he quickly got over it as he realized what was going on. “Oh yes!” he shouted before he too dove for the earth below him. So they free fell, wind blowing through their bodies. She was the first one to pull up at twenty feet off the ground, waiting for her love to catch up with her.

As for Pterano, he waited until he was about ten feet off the ground when he pulled up, snatching green food in his beak while doing so. The two smiled at eachother as Pterano showed his teeth, revealing left over tree star bits clenched in his teeth. Haylie laughed, flying ahead of a confused Pterano.

The red flyer licked his teeth, realizing that he had tree star bits in his mouth. He spat the remaining food out of his mouth before catching up with Haylie as she signaled him to fallow her.

The purple flyer was the first to land on a rock formation as Pterano fallowed suit. He took her into his arms, spinning her around.

Haylie dipped her head back, watching as the stars seemed to go round and round. She spreaded out her arms, showing the red flyer her trust as they spun a couple times before stopping. She pulled her head back up to face him. She couldn’t help but shiver as he pulled her closer, smiling as he stared deep into her eyes. She cupped his cheek, kissing the other cheek. Then she placed her hand on the bottom of his beak, drilling it towards her as their lips locked in a passionate kiss.

They broke apart for air and then kissed again, only harder and longer. She stepped on his toes to scoot herself closer to him, wrapping her arms around his neck. But Pterano didn’t mind. In fact, he pulled her closer as he deepened the kiss. He lifted her up as she crossed her legs around him, hugging him tightly.

They finally gasped for air as they broke the kiss, nuzzling eachother’s beaks. “I love you, Ronnie.” She said, kissing his cheek.

Pterano chuckled, smiling lovingly at the female flyer in his arms. “I love you too, my Baby Blossom. I will always love you…” they kissed again before they saw something at the top of their eyes. They gazed up at the sky to see…

A flying rock…another flying rock…and another flying rock. Haylie laid her head on Pterano’s shoulder, taking in the scent of his neck. He couldn’t help but smile as he tightened his arms around her, resting his head on hers, enjoying her presence.

About twenty or so minutes pass as the two flyers sat next to eachother on the ledge of the cliff, still watching the stars. Pterano had his arm protectively around her as she laid on his shoulder. “Haylie?”

“…Hmm?”

“It’s getting late…”

She nuzzled his shoulder, cuddling up to him. “Mmm…just a few more minutes?”  

“But we don’t want to keep Devon waiting…”

She pulled away from him in curiosity. “Who’s Devon?”

He got up on his feet, holding her hands so she too could stand up. He tightened his claws around hers, smiling in pride. “Come, Haylie. I would like you to meet our son.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------

DAWWWW!!! I'm starting to like this pairing already!  :yes

Enjoy!

PS The lyrics are from the British rock band The Cure and their magnificent song, Underneath the Stars. Funny, they just played live in Sydney just a day ago.... :p

Here's the link if you're interested in the song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwxtqpvZ5S0

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not too much into lovy-dovy stuff, so I didn't really like this chapter that much. It's not a bad chapter, mind you. You wrote it pretty well, I was just in the mood for something else.

I want Action! I want Conflict! Give me some kind of problem that has to be resolved!

That is all -_-
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Is it just me... or is this not what it seems? I mean yes, there's a lot of romance here, and good scenes of it too. But correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that Haylie with Rinkus earlier on? I really, REALLY hope that she's not playing him here. I can't imagine she would be though... I mean the flashback pretty much denoted their deep relationship. They were mates and everything. So like... I really hope she isn't playing him.

It was good... yes it was good. I think you wrote the romantic parts well (some errors here and there, but I can overlook them) and got a good thing going which I HOPE won't be shattered. I doubt it though. I'm sure something bad will occur, but they'll end up together. :DD

(runner up)
(runner up)

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You know Pterano, I didn't even notice that! Perhaps in my disappointment in no action, I'm overlooking what's going on behind the scenes here.

I'll try to be more open-minded in my review of your next chapter.
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)