The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Always the Same Sun

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Huh... so Devon just sort of shows up? So he wasn't taken by somebody then? So if Sierra didn't take him... then I wonder where he's been.

Well, looks like Pterano is in danger of getting swallowed alive. Hopefully it'll be like Ichy in my story, where he wasn't actually bitten, he's just inside the mouth.
This chapter was pretty short, and I was sort of hoping for more, but it wasn't bad either. It did have good action.

One thing I WILL say though, because I keep noticing that you do this. It's "followed", with an O, not A. "Fallowed" is like... ground that hasn't been broken up for farming as far as I know. :lol

But yeah, short, intense, action packed, and I wonder where the HECK Devon came from! The mystery thickens...

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Finally! It's done! Chapter ten is done!

------------------------------------------------------------

Sharpteeth in the Great Valley Part Two

The mega biter, upon hearing Devon’s cry, lunged at full speed towards the blue flyer. Devon tried to make a run for it but he felt two arms throw themselves around his neck, keeping him in a firm grip. “I told you to stay in the mountains and you disobeyed me!” Sierra scolded in his ear. He turned to the monster before him.” He’s all yers, giganto! Come and git ëem!”

As the mega biter stepped closer, Devon closed his eyes, bracing himself. By now, the dreaded monster was so close to the blue flyer, he could almost reach its leg as it lowered its head to consume him when…

Its jaws began to lift…and it wasn’t the mega biter…

The jaws lifted higher and higher until they began to reveal a red flyer, lifting with his all his strength. “Don’t you dare harm my son!” Pterano growled, trying his best not to let go.

“Dad!!” Devon shouted out with happiness.

With one last heroic effort, Pterano gave the mega biter’s jaws one last push before shooting himself out of the monster’s mouth. But he wasn’t fast enough as the mega biter gripped his wing with its teeth, shaking the red flyer rapidly and forcefully like a dog would do to a chew toy. The monster released its teeth, sending the flyer into a great big tree.

Pterano fell to the ground in deep pain, coughing out his own blood. He cried out in pain, noticing that blood has been spilled on his wings, stomach and chest and a scratch that stretched all the way form his elbow to his wrist, cutting deep into his skin.

“DAAADDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Devon shouted at the top of his lungs as he tried to rush to his fallen father’s side, but it proved to be useless, for Sierra just held him back, pointing a sharp rock towards his throat.

Devon’s cry snapped Pterano from his groaning. The red flyer snapped his head up to see the mega biter hover over him, smirking the evilest smirk that sent chills down Pterano's spine. Pterano’s heart pounded in his chest as he watched fearfully and helplessly as the monster lowered its head eye level with the red flyer. Pterano flinched as he felt its enormous tongue lick all over his body. The monster opened its jaws and prepared to consume its first appetizer of the night as Pterano prepared himself for impact…

The mega biter pulled back up, for something was practically pecking its eye out. “Leave my uncle alone, you bastard!” Petrie screeched angrily, releasing his claw on the monster’s eye.

The monster held its eye as it roared in pain before snapping its jaws at the little flyer. Pterano gasped at the sight. “Petrie!” he managed to call out despite the pain it sent to his lungs. He tried to fly up and help his nephew as well, but his body was in too much pain. All he could do was watch worriedly, helplessly as the mega biter was about to practically swallow the young flyer alive…

A tree sweet landed in its face, causing it to flinch uncomfortably.

Haylie faced the mega biter with a couple of tree sweets in her hand. “Get away from him!” she shouted, throwing a tree sweet into the monster’s mouth, causing it to gawk in pain. Hot tears formed in its eyes as the taste was too horrible for it to comprehend.

Without hesitation, the mega biter made a run for it as Sierra watched helplessly, gasping. “No!” he wailed as Devon struggled in his grip. “What are you doing?!?!? FINISH HIM!!!! NO!!!”

But the creature just ignored him as it bolted out of the forest. If it wasn’t covering his eyes, the mega biter would have spotted that there was a cliff ahead of it. So the creature plummeted to its death four hundred feet below.

Sierra growled, tightening his grip on Devon. “No!!! You monsters!!” he glared at Haylie and Petrie then he smirked. “Alright now, you kids had your fun. Now it’s my turn!” he brought the sharp rock to Devon’s throat, cutting it into his skin, creating a scratch that stretched from his beak to his neck ring. “Now he dies!” he chuckled evilly. “Say goodbye to your little friend.” he held the sharp rock against Devon’s neck, ready to give the final blow…

-------------------------------------------------------------

I think I'm getting really good at these battle scenes... :lol

Enjoy.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Again with the cliffhangers. You're good at two things, making me cry and cliffhangers.

Okay, now that that's done, this chapter was very much action-packed. Whoa, Petrie, watch your language lol  :lol .

I'm just wondering something, where did Sierra come from? Did he just, appear randomly or is the reason deeper...hmm...*puts on thinking cap* Also, for a fact, you are pretty good at battle scenes my friend. :yes

Nice chapter, and get the next one up soon!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This fanfiction has been nominated by its author to be rated for the fanfiction awards 2011. To all the readers and fans of this fanfiction, please rate and review it! :)

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Darn it, you just had to spoil the secret in the description you put up in the fanfiction awards post! So both Cera's siblings, and Sierra are in on it? THAT'S interesting! I wonder if a certain flyer is going to betray some threehorns :huh:

Yeah, the action in this scene was awesome! Your getting better at it! Sorry about what I said earlier, too.

And I think Petrie should get his mouth washed out with soap and water :lol  That's what my Mom used to say when I cussed.

And like I said, I'll write a full review for this in the GoF Fanfiction Awards after you finish the story.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
**Ok! You've really got me on the edge of my seat!!**

NOOOO!!!!!! SIERRA CUT DEVON'S NECK!!!!!  NO!!! NOOO! NOOOO!!!! NOOOO!!  

NOOO!! OH, POOR DEVON!  :cry  :cry  I'm really feeling very deeply for him right now.. ohhh. I'm feeling Devon's pain!! ohhhhhhh. You got me crying... Devon's been hurt! Sierra has sliced his neck open with a rock, and now that poor, young, blue flyer is gonna be killed!!!

SOMEONE'S GOTTA STOP THAT DIRTY SIERRA!! We can only hope that Pterano has enough strength left in him to stop Sierra... if Pterano hasn't got enough strength left in him...there'll be no hope left for Devon! and he'll be killed by Sierra!!

SOMEBODY HELP DEVON!!!! (I'm very worried and crying. I DON'T WANT DEVON TO BE KILLED.) I feel terrible enough that he got his neck cut open by that sharp rock!!!  PLEASE SAVE DEVON!!!

He's such a young and innocent blue cearadacatylus, and now he's about to be killed by his dirty, nasty, cold-hearted, selfish, biological father Sierra!

(PLEASE Pterano...SAVE Devon if you've got enough strength!! He's your SON!!!!)  :cry  :cry

I can't believe Devon's been hurt! His neck's got a big cut and he's bleeding! And Pterano may be so beat-up and hurt that he may not have the strength to save Devon.....I can ONLY hope Pterano will save Devon!!

I feel so hurt and sad, now! I hope Devon lives!!  :cry  :unsure:  :cry

You are the master of flyer suspense trulyfantasticme! NICE job on chapter 10!  :)

C'mon, you're not gonna have Devon or Pterano die on Father's Day, are you?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Jrd89,Jun 19 2011 on  01:55 PM
**Ok! You've really got me on the edge of my seat!!**

NOOOO!!!!!! SIERRA CUT DEVON'S NECK!!!!!  NO!!! NOOO! NOOOO!!!! NOOOO!! 

NOOO!! OH, POOR DEVON!  :cry  :cry  I'm really feeling very deeply for him right now.. ohhh. I'm feeling Devon's pain!! ohhhhhhh. You got me crying... Devon's been hurt! Sierra has sliced his neck open with a rock, and now that poor, young, blue flyer is gonna be killed!!!

SOMEONE'S GOTTA STOP THAT DIRTY SIERRA!! We can only hope that Pterano has enough strength left in him to stop Sierra... if Pterano hasn't got enough strength left in him...there'll be no hope left for Devon! and he'll be killed by Sierra!!

SOMEBODY HELP DEVON!!!! (I'm very worried and crying. I DON'T WANT DEVON TO BE KILLED.) I feel terrible enough that he got his neck cut open by that sharp rock!!!  PLEASE SAVE DEVON!!!

He's such a young and innocent blue cearadacatylus, and now he's about to be killed by his dirty, nasty, cold-hearted, selfish, biological father Sierra!

(PLEASE Pterano...SAVE Devon if you've got enough strength!! He's your SON!!!!)  :cry  :cry

I can't believe Devon's been hurt! His neck's got a big cut and he's bleeding! And Pterano may be so beat-up and hurt that he may not have the strength to save Devon.....I can ONLY hope Pterano will save Devon!!

I feel so hurt and sad, now! I hope Devon lives!!  :cry  :unsure:  :cry

You are the master of flyer suspense trulyfantasticme! NICE job on chapter 10!  :)

C'mon, you're not gonna have Devon or Pterano die on Father's Day, are you?
Um, Jared, don't take this the wrong way, but don't you think you might be taking this fanfic a little too seriously? I mean, I don't think it's a bad story at all, but isn't that kind of an extreme reaction to a plot point?

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Um, Jared, don't take this the wrong way, but don't you think you might be taking this fanfic a little too seriously? I mean, I don't think it's a bad story at all, but isn't that kind of an extreme reaction to a plot point?

Nope. I dun think his reaction is a bit over the top. I like his reviews, they're cool!

Whoa, Petrie, watch your language lol

Yeah, Petrie!!! Sheesh! Some people's hatchlings! :lol

Now if you excuse me, ONTO CHAPTER ELEVEN!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fight to the Death

"Say goodbye to yer little friend..."

Devon gritted his teeth, gazing at his beaten father. Fear, grief, anger mixed together in one big emotional headache. And yet somehow, those emotions managed to give the blue flyer all the energy he needed. It was as though a protective instinct kicked in. He gripped Sierra's arm that still hung around his neck and sunk his teeth into it, causing the brown flyer screetch in agony and let got of him.

Without hesitation, the blue flyer took his chance to rush to his father's aid. He knelt by the half unconscious flyer's side, taking his hand gently. "Dad..."

Pterano breathed heavily, despite the pain it sent to his lungs, and opened his eyes halfway. "Devon..." Pterano whispered, only to cough out more blood.

"Oh, Dad...I can't believe he did this to you..." the blue flyer drifted off, tears forming in his eyes. He hated seeing his beloved father like this. It pained him too much.

He got back on his feet as anger began to take over. He faced his former father that he hated so much, even more now for hurting Pterano. "You...YOU HURT HIM!!!!!!" Devon growled, taking out his claws. "Mom, Petrie, get my dad to a safer place. I'll take care of this clown."

"But Devon-" Haylie protested, or at least tried to as Devon cut her off.

"Mom, do as I say!"

She would have protested even farther, for she didn't want to leave her son to this...creep. But she didn't want to endanger her mate either, she grabbed the unconscious Pterano's good arm and pulled him to his feet. "Come along Petrie."
With that the two headed for the woods.

Devon nodded at the two flyers before turning towards Sierra. They soon ended up circling eachother. "So, Devon." The brown flyer started, smirking evilly.

"Sierra." Devon simply replied, remaining calm and firm.

"It's been a while, hasn't it, boy? Did you miss me?"

"I missed kicking your scrawny tail, does that count?"

"Oh ho ho...fiesty..." Sierra chuckled. "Did Pterano teach you that?"

"Yes, yes he did." Devon looked up to the cloudy yet starry night sky. "Shall we take this to the skies?"

"Gladly." With that being said, the two flyers shot themselves into the air, Devon flying up first, fallowed by Sierra, only to get punched in the side of the beak.

The brown flyer was sent flying back, but not far. Because he just regained balance and lunged for Devon, allowing his anger to take over. "Why you little-!"

The blue flyer dodged the blow and Sierra caught nothing but air. "Whoa, dude!" Devon chuckled. "What happened to you? Did my dad knock you out real good or something?"

"Shut up and fight, you coward!" Sierra shouted as he lunged for his former son once more, only to ram into mid air.

"Whoa! And I thought I was the slowpoke!" Devon laughed again. "Either I must've gotten better at this since our last fight or...you suck!"

Just then, Sierra lunged into him; he hit him this time, knocking him into a higher altitude. This caught Devon off guard, but he regained his flight. "Oh, you wanna fight, old dino? Then..." he paused, clenching his fists and puffed out his chest. "Let's fight." With a loud cry, Devon hurtled towards the brown flyer, sending him towards the ground. "That's for my father!"

The two hurtled for eachother, colliding right after, throwing blows, scratches, kicks, anything that would help them survive throughout the fight. De ja vu happened in Sierra's mind as thunder struck the sky, catching them off guard, sending them towards the ground.

Devon landed on his stomach in the stone cold ground with hard impact, coughing out blood. It took a few tries to get up on his feet, despite the pain it sent to his back.

"Now why does this look familiar?"

Devon whirled around at the cool Texan accent that he immediately recognized. Sierra smirked at him evilly, sending a chill down his spine. "Oh yes, now I remember," he chuckled darkly. "It's just the way your 'father' looked before I stabbed him." Devon breathed heavily as that harsh memory began to take over.

Flashback

"PTERANO, LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!!!!!"

Shocked by the sudden outburst, Pterano turned his head in the direction it came from to see a familiar blue flyer flying towards him at full speed. "Devon-AHHH!!!!!" he screamed in sharp pain ran straight through his back, sinking onto his knees. Sierra pulled out the bloody rock, chuckling evilly.

"NOOO!!!!!" Devon shouted, trying to fly faster.

End flashback

Devon snapped his eyes open, heart pounded in his chest. He hated that memory. He could still feel the rain hitting his eyes as he soared hard in the sky that morning. He could still smell the blood Pterano's wound shed. He could still taste the hot tears that streamed down his cheeks that night. He really wished that he could simply make the memory disappear from his mind forever.

"I know, horrible, right?" Sierra foretold, slapping Devon's beak, sending the blue flyer into a tree. "Now its yer turn." he brought up a sharp rock, which strangely seemed to reveal a small drop of blood on the side of it. Seeing this, Devon couldn't help but think, This must be the rock he used to nearly kill Pterano... "Oh yer father will be so heartbroken. But that's the fun part of it." He snickered darkly. "Too bad he couldn't be here to protect you." He pointed the rock towards Devon's throat. "Say goodnight, pretty boy."

Devon closed his eyes, preparing for impact. Please forgive me, Dad...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Pterano snapped his eyes open due to the thunder that struck the sky. He then noticed that his forehead was wet. He looked up to see his mate pressing a wet treestar to his forehead. "Haylie...?" he whispered weakly.

"Hey Ronnie," the purple flyer asked softly. "Are you feeling any better?"

"Yeah...a little..." he drifted off, noticing that he felt a little warmth on his good arm. That "little wamth" appeared to be Petrie, dozing off all tucked under his arm. Pterano chuckled softly, smiling proudly at his young nephew. Then he frowned, suddenly remembering about his son.

He gasped. "Devon!" He exclaimed, stumbling to his feet, immediately waking Petrie. "I have to save him!"

He was about to take off when Haylie grabbed onto his wing. "Pterano no! It's too dangerous!"

"Yeah, and that's my son out there!" he protested to feel a small hand touch his, causing him to look down.

"Please don't go, Uncle." Petrie begged sleepily, staring up at his uncle with pleading eyes. Pterano hesitated a bit, his eyes softening. He kneeled down by his nephew.

"It'll only be a few hours, Petrie. I'll be fine," He smiled softly at his worried nephew. "I promise." The uncle and nephew gazed into eachother's eyes for a few meaningful moments; Pterano could see the moonlight shining in Petrie's. Pterano stiffened his look and stood on his feet. Without looking back, the red flyer took off to the sky.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you go kids. Uh oh! Poor Devon! Let's all hope Pterano could get to him in time.

Enjoy.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, looks like Devons in a bit of a pickle, eh?

Just have a few minor things that I saw, but nothing that I really need to rant about.

Did my dad knock you out real good or somehting?"

* That should be SOMETHING.

Yeah, that's it. :p

Great chapter, quite action-packed thew fight between Sierra and Devon. The more this goes on, the more I wanna punch Sierra in the face. Show him a thing or two.

Can't wait for the next update! ;)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTDiclonius,Jun 19 2011 on  07:32 PM
Well, looks like Devons in a bit of a pickle, eh?

Just have a few minor things that I saw, but nothing that I really need to rant about.

Did my dad knock you out real good or somehting?"

* That should be SOMETHING.

Yeah, that's it. :p

Great chapter, quite action-packed thew fight between Sierra and Devon. The more this goes on, the more I wanna punch Sierra in the face. Show him a thing or two.

Can't wait for the next update! ;)
Oh! I didn't see that! Thanks LBTDiclonius and I'm glad you liked the fight between Sierra and Devon. Took me a while to write that part.

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
You're not the only one bad at reviewing :) Meant to get to this too. Yeah, you're doing the cliff hanger thing again but I'm going to guess that Devon will be ok because Pterano's going to get there just in the nick of time...right?

And of course I'm a sucker for anything that shows Petrie's sweet little character and so his plea was just too cute and touching!

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Well, I'm glad you liked it, Mama's Girl. Petrie just luvs his uncle doesn't he?

I just started chapter twelve and man, it took alot of energy to do so, like I literally felt as though I had run a mile! I had to take a nap becuz of that! But then again, I was writing about something epic so...

Glad you liked this chapter.

I should be able to post chapter twelve either later tonight, or tomorrow. Either way, ya'll best keep yer guard up!

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Will this story be done any time soon? I'm just wanted to know, because I'm holding off writing a review of this for the Fanfiction Awards because I'd rather review a complete story.
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Hi there! Me again. This chapter took a long time to write. A part of it took all my energy to write, I mean literally! I felt as though I had ran a friggin mile! Sheesh!

Any way, here's chapter twelve.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Fight to the Death Part Two

Pterano soared through the sky, completely aware of the upcoming storm. It was dark now, darker than it had been before. Black clouds now filled the sky, plunging the land into utter darkness. The only blaze left was the lightning that flashed in the sky every now and then.

Pterano passed the rock pile that he and the herd built to keep the sharpteeth away. But it turned out that the sharpteeth must have found a way to break the rock pile and broke into the valley. So there it lay, squashed to the ground like a poor helpless insect as rocks scattered everywhere.  

Just then, Pterano managed to spot a figure in the woods...fighting off a sharptooth? Pterano guessed, as it was too dark to recognize. To solve the mystery, Pterano flew to a lower altitude, hoping by some miracle it was Devon.

But apparently the figure was not Devon as it turned out to be a threehorn…three of them, to be exact, fighting off a sharptooth he directly recognized; Red Claw. Pterano also recognized the first threehorn fairly easily, as he turned out to be none other than Mr. Threehorn. He was with a couple of youngsters, but not one of them was Cera. And yet, he couldn’t figure out why those youngsters looked very familiar to him.

To take a closer look, the red flyer dove into the trees. He stopped dead in his tracks as his past came back to him in one frightening flashback.

Lightning flashed in the sky and red swept over the land. The smell of dinosaur blood filled the air. A blend of roars of sharpteeth and screams of surviving dinosaurs echoed through the air. Pterano remembered it all; the rockslide, the candy striped sharpteeth, the screams, the blood, the horror.

Just then, his mind came across another flashback that caught him off guard. He stood on the ledge, helplessly watching as the poor dinoes surrounding him became dinner. His heart pounded as thought it wanted to hop out of his chest. He turned his head to the left, and then to the right and out of the corner of his eye…

He spotted a couple of young threehorns, a green female one and a purple male one. They gazed at him with most pleading eyes. He recognized those poor young threehorns in a flash.

Pterano snapped his eyes open as his mind returned to reality. He noticed that he was falling to the ground for he was too captivated by his own past to continue flying. He quickly regained his flight as a bolt of energy went straight through his body. Stiffening his eyebrows, he shot himself back into the air. I will not leave you, Layla. Not. This Time.

Red Claw opened his jaws to take a bite out of Mr. Threehorn but the old dino used his tail to slap the deranged sharptooth, causing him to lift his head back into the air and let out a cry...when a vine wrapped itself around its neck. Mr. Threehorn and the youngsters turned their horned heads in the direction the vine came from to see the last dino on earth they would expect to see holding the end of the vine.

The three of them dropped their jaws for they couldn’t believe what they were seeing. Mr. Threehorn was shocked, but the youngsters were in complete awe. “Pterano?” Jordan managed to whisper.

Red Claw shook his head furiously, swinging Pterano all over the air. The red flyer held on with a good grip, despite the pain it sent to his broken wrist. With a final jerk of the head, the vine broke around Red Claw’s neck, therefore, sending the red flyer into the air.

Pterano regained his flight and lunged head first towards the green sharptooth. He landed on his stomach on the sharptooth’s back, tightly wrapping his arms as far as he could around Red Claw’s neck. “Layla! Jordan!! RUN!!!!!!” the red flyer screamed at the top of his lungs.

Before making a run for it, Mr. Threehorn and his kids still stared up at the Pterano in utter shock. Mr. Threehorn was suddenly filled with nothing but utter respect for the brave flyer as his children still couldn’t believe their eyes. Then all of a sudden, Layla and Jordan were filled with guilt. They were a part of this mess. The kidnapping of Devon, the sharpteeth in the Great Valley, the mega biter…was all their doing; all just to gain revenge. If only they had refused to help Mr. Sierra on this…

Mr. Threehorn nudged his children ahead of him as they galloped out of there, leaving Pterano with the sharptooth…and something else…

Pterano let go of Red Claw’s neck, bolting into the air as Red Claw snapped his jaws at the aging flyer. The red flyer dodged and a tree sweet splashed in Red Claw’s face, causing him to cry out due to the pain in his eyes. “Hey you! Yeah you! Over here!”

Pterano turned his head towards the familiar British accent to see none other than…”Rinkus!”

“Pterano, go help your son! I’ll handle this!” the pink flyer howled, throwing another tree sweet at Red Claw’s face.

The red flyer just stared at his once comrade with an unsure look. “Just go! I’ll be fine!” Rinkus told him reassuringly, earning a small smile from Pterano.

He was about to make a run for it, but stopped and turned back to the pink flyer. “Mr. Rinkus?”

“Yeah,” he responded.

“Thank you.” Pterano smiled respectfully. Rinkus smiled back as the two remained in an appreciative silence for one another. They nodded at eachother before Pterano bolted into the distance, never looking back.

Rinkus just watched as he did so before turning back to Red Claw. “Good luck…” he muttered silently when Red Claw snapped his jaws at him, catching him off guard. He was about to tumble to the ground but he caught his balance just in time. “Oh what? You want some more of this, rubber butt?” he threw a tree sweet at Red Claw’s face. “Well, you got it!” he threw another one into Red Claw’s eyes and that pretty much did the trick as the frightened sharptooth stomped his way out of the Great Valley and into the Mysterious Beyond, never to be seen again. “And there’s plenty of more where that came from!” Rinkus shouted after the sharptooth, he chuckled, landing on a branch. “Well that was easier than I thought.”

Pterano soared at full speed, desperately searching through the stormy night, hoping to he wasn’t too late. Lightning flashed in the sky, causing Pterano to fly to a lower altitude. Right above the trees, Pterano spotted a blue spot on the ground. Was it a flyer?

Oh it was a flyer all right, and it didn’t look very good. Pterano landed next to a tree, taking a closer look at this flyer. The flyer was a mess; scratches stretching from elbow to wrist, maybe even longer. Bruises appeared on his face, and two scratch marks appeared on his neck. It only took one lightning flash to recognize this flyer. “Devon!!!”

Pterano immediately rushed to his son’s side, taking him into his arms. A few moments of silence passed as the red flyer hoped Devon would just open his eyes. But no luck whatsoever. “Devon?...Devon?...” his voice began to crack as he realized that Devon wasn’t breathing. Tears poured down the old flyer’s face as he held the boy close to his chest, crying his heart out into his head for a while…

Until he felt a hand grip his tightly.

Pterano lifted his head to see that the hand belonged to Devon. The young flyer opened his eyes slightly, gazing up at his beloved father. “Please don’t cry, Daddy…” was all he could mutter before slipping back into unconsciousness.

A great relief washed over Pterano as he held the boy close. “Oh thank goodness…” he sobbed, kissing the boy’s forehead before resting his cheek protectively on his head, holding him tighter than he held anyone before.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Whew! What a relief! Did anybody think that Devon was actually dead?

Enjoy. :smile

PS. That last bit with Pterano and Devon was inspired by the song, "A Boy I Never Knew" by The Cure. It's a very emotional father son song.

Here it is!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VebnM3Cp6pA Who knew it would one day come in handy! :DD :lol

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Umm... Can I get some feedback please?

Seriously, guys. Waiting is not as easy as it looks.

Is this chapter really that bad? :blink:

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Umm... Can I get some feedback please?

Seriously, guys. Waiting is not as easy as it looks.

Is this chapter really that bad?

Well, I have not yet read any of the other chapters in this story yet, so I can’t make any connections to what has taken place previously. My reviews take me hours. I have too much to say to make quick responses, but if you really need reassurance post haste on this chapter, I’ll try to take it as an independent read and see what I can put together in just a couple of minutes.

A semicolon has two uses, and I didn’t notice either of the criteria for any of the ones in this chapter. The semicolon is used to separate two independent clauses (a section of a sentence that can act as an entire sentence) from each other that are not combined with a coordinating conjunction (and, so, but, or, nor, yet, for). As for the other reason, not a huge amount know of it, as it rarely ever comes into play. The second use of a semicolon is to separate items in a list that have commas in the items themselves. For example:

I am going to eat: chocolate, my favorite food; lettuce, something my body needs; and anything spicy I can find.
You describe scenes very well. They are therefore easy to not only picture but to hear in the mind as well. You don’t need much time to create emotion, which is a gift. You combine action and surprise for an engaging experience. You keep characters fresh but believable. You can instill fear, but at times, you may be ending it too quickly for someone’s heart to be gripped very tightly. You are able to make readers assume something while going in a different direction to keep things unexpected, like by saying at first that there are threehorns with Mr. Threehorn but later saying none of them are Cera. So in a short chapter, you’ve created action, suspense, worry, fear, grief, admiration, and love.

Good job, and please don’t think my reviewing is really of such poor quality. I write very thorough ones, but you seemed distressed about the waiting gap, so I thought it best to quickly throw something together.

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Wow, so Layla and Jordan did do it but now seem to rethink their thoughts. Well that's good, still wonder if they'll have to come clean.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hooray! Rinkus stopped red claw with the treesweets!! He's got great throwing and aiming skills, too! :) I loved that part!

And Pterano found Devon. and Devon's ok. I really hope his scratches and bruises will heal, though.  :(

But still, i'm very happy that Pterano and Devon are together once again. Chapter 12 was really good.  :yes  

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ack! Late review is late! :bang

Is this chapter really that bad?

I can tell you that it be not bad, some people are just too lazy to review sometimes. Don't worry. ;) And yes, waiting for feedback is very hard indeed.

And now...for the review.

Oh shnap! Layla, Jordan, and Mr. Threehorn kind of like Pterano now, that's good. And what's this? The two hatchlings were with Sierra? Something tells me that can't be good.

Nice to hear that Devon's alive. So sweet. :)

Nice chapter, and I hope to see the next one up soon.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Whew! What a relief! Did anybody think that Devon was actually dead?

At this point, not really. You've already almost killed off Pterano twice now. (One time, it was even for a couple chapters, to keep us wondering.) Don't want to be sadistic or anything, but I hope one of these life-or-death cliffhangers actually ends badly for once. THAT would surprise me!

Other than that, I laughed at the giant sharptooth being an idiot and falling to his death.

The fight scene was EXCITING at least, which I always like!
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)