The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My theory on the LBT office closing.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
& the way hollywood loves to reboot and remake stuff it may get rebooted or remade at some point.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Cancerian Tiger Wrote:
I still hate how they have not given LBT a proper ending. Nice of Universal to screw their LBT fans over like that.
LBT did have a proper ending. The end of the original movie. Seriously, it closes up the story and tells what happens perfectly. The sequels are just filler between the eventual outcome that the narrator tells us of and it actually happening.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Grungecat

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Good point, WeirdRaptor.

I kinda agree with the arguement that LBT had just run it's course, and was probably long overdue to be laid to rest. You bring up some undeniable truths though, pokeplayer. I'm sure all those probably had a part in finally stopping production of LBT. It's too bad this fascist you speak of was a hater and not a diehard LBT lover who would've kept making them at a loss. :(

But who knows what the future holds? Maybe some years in the future someone in a big chair will deem it time for an LBT throwback.  :^.^:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't think it has run it's course.  It has more to do with not having good writers or directors.  The hollywood folks likely thought the lbt fans will buy anything so decided to go cheaper with hiring writers and such and not try a hard.  It works for a while, but always eventually kills the series/franchise, though Hollywood never learns the lesson.  If you have good writers, the right writers, and directors no reason you can't have 20 or 50 movies in any 1 movie series.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'm just bummed that I joined after LBT 13 got released and so never got to be on this forum while a movie was being made :(

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm just bummed that I joined after LBT 13 got released and so never got to be on this forum while a movie was being made sad.gif

I don't mean to be rude but what does it matter?  You're here now aren't ya?  What would have been so great about being around here when the movie was still in production?

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Maybe it would have been nice for him to have had something to look forward to... like some new, official material from the makers of the franchise... oh well.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Sep 3 2009 on  01:16 AM
I don't mean to be rude but what does it matter?  You're here now aren't ya?  What would have been so great about being around here when the movie was still in production?
Once I watched the movie I could have come over here and read what everyone else thought and join the conversation in real time. We'd all be on the same boat, as it was a new release. Plus Threehorn and others could have given us updates and the theories would have been actual soon-to-be-found-out theories as opposed to wishful thinking :) :(

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
well said Pokeplayer, now all we have to do is get rid of this idiot and hopefully universal gets someone better(and someone who dosen't hate LBT)