The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers 3 Discussion

Serris · 1486 · 91504

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry!  Between school getting close to finals, and my recent engagement, I've been a little spacey.  I'm back now~!

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
You're engaged? Congratulations!

What do you think about my proposal I sent you via PM?

EDIT: Haha, should actually read the role-play before I post.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Hey, I'm just curious, did any of y'all name your characters or other things after people you know (Tuckerization)?

So far, it's confirmed that Noname derived his the last name of his character, Corporal Thomas Stern, from one of his old friend's surnames. See here.

LB&T, you mentioned your last name is Halsey, is the terrorist commander in the first RP named after you? His name is also Halsey.

The town of Cornova is named after Cornova, the author of PokÈ Wars. I'm pretty good friends with him and I pre-read/edit his works.

The two Dragonstorm cyberneticists, Dr. Phyllis Lefrak and Dr. Thomas Sotille are named after a former teacher and a former classmate, respectively. Did I mention I hate both of those people?

Dr. John Volkowitz's surname comes from the former engineer (now VP) of my first aid squad.

Stephen Di Georgi is a hybrid of two professors (first name and last name) from my college.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
no Aisha and dr Landon were complete creations. I did not base them on anyone I knew or know in real life
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I actually don't do this horribly often. I prefer to use names that are subtle references to other franchises, or even references within Darwin's Soldiers itself. Most are chronicled on the TV Tropes "Shout Out" page, except this one.

LB&T, you mentioned your last name is Halsey, is the terrorist commander in the first RP named after you? His name is also Halsey.

Yup, only because it's the longest name I know with a corresponding female anagram (Ashley, his twin sister in Ground One.)

The two Dragonstorm cyberneticists, Dr. Phyllis Lefrak and Dr. Thomas Sotille are named after a former teacher and a former classmate, respectively. Did I mention I hate both of those people?

Yep, which is why I made life easier for you and killed them both off with an I-beam.

Also, can people please keep posting? Let's get the story moving. StarFall, you control the antagonists in this fight so a lot of the action is riding on your shoulders.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i'm waiting fir a bit more action before having my characters participate.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Please post, guys.....

Starfall, if you're not going to post regularly, could you have more happen in each post, so the battle can approach an ending? Lots of characters aren't doing anything.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have a short post up. mostly waiting on starfall and Serris,.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Starfall and Serris:

I've seen both of you come online pretty much every day. Can I implore you to keep posting; we are so close to being done!

Starfall, we need:

1. the enemy experiments to be killed (you can have your characters do it)
2. Cale to kill the tentacled thing (you can ignore what I said about wanting Aimee to help, unless you could post frequently enough that multiple characters working together could finish the job before the week is out)
3. Once Neku is back on board, possibly an explanation as to how he survived detonating himself

Then the next few steps are:

A. Kill these enemy experiments.
B. Get Kerzach and everybody with him back to the boat
C. the boat to sail away happily
D. Epilogue?

Every time I make one of these posts, I get usually a single post from both of you and it returns to the doldrums. Can we keep regular, consistent posts going? Let's see if we can finish the role-play before June.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yeah I would like to wrap the rp up before summer. then we can move to other rps..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
How many more days should we give Starfall before we end the fight without him and move on to the ending?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
give him a week i'd say
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
It's been a week.

Serris, are we going forward? I can have Aimee kill the tentacled thing in my next post. Your characters can kill the other ones, or the androids can or something. No matter how long Starfall takes, we can still use his ideas for the epilogue.

Perhaps after the battleship sails away into the distance we can have an in-RP epilogue set 25 years later (as I've previously mentioned, I have to insist it's over 20 years in the future). The characters are all at the opening premiere of the movie and we explain what they've all done since. We can worry about that once we've wrapped up the roleplay proper.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Let's move forward.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, it looks like you guys have this whole thing under control.  It's been a ball.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we still need your epilogue starfall. wrap this up, so we can finish it.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'm sorry for jumping over you, Starfall, but you were gone for over a week. For the second time. I didnt hope to drum you out of the roleplay. Aimee just asked Neku a question, for example. We're getting close to the epilogue, perhaps we start discussing how that's going to go down?

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's all good.  You guys have this under control, looks like.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
But nobody can have Neku answer Aimee or play your characters but you.