The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My LBT Music Videos

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well in that case, here's another solution. I'm just going to create a freeweb account and make a website where I can post anything I make. This will include music videos, fanfiction, maybe some more singing projects exclusively for you guys.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You could do that or use another website to upload videos instead of youtube. Freewebs had a very limited choice of streaming stuff unless you go and pay for it.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
LiveVideo could be an option, or Vidilife (if you are willing to sacrifice quality). There's also Imeem you could try.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well here's what I decided. I'm going to try uploading videos on Youtube again, but use the approved music choices.

Anyway, here is my new reworked video! Hopefully I can get all my views back.

Tribute to Cera

• Spike
    • View Profile
LBT fan trailer makes it look pretty intense

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah that was kind of the idea. I wanted to make it like a horror film

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
After a few days of work, I have made yet another fan trailer for LBT. This time, it is more of an adventure trailer for LBT 4. Here's the link. Enjoy and please comment either here or on youtube.

LBT 4 Fan Trailer

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Neat fan trailer.  Thanks for sharing the link here.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice. The music has got a lot of effect to what you made.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Awesome job! I really liked this Fan-trailer, LBT IV being on of my favorites!
Runs over to comment and rate! :D
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well guys I've made a decision. I'm probably going to make one more video for Youtube, but then any and all videos after that will be uploaded on Imeem. They are not as strict with copyrighted songs, so I will have more choices to songs to use rather than just Evanescence.

I will of course still provide links to the videos. I'm just sick and tired of Youtube at this point.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wish you good luck in that and hope things work out the way you hope.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Wow. The LBT IV one was sheer awesome. Love the music!

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well what do you know? I'm making another video. YAY!

Ok, it's almost finished so I hope to have it done pretty soon, but to give you an idea of what I'm doing, because of Imeem's less strict music policy, I am creating, once again, a Tribute to Chomper, because Chomper is amazing and that's final. The song I am using, I will not say which one it is, but I will reveal that it's by Linkin Park. No, it is not the same song I used the last two times. I decided to change it up and see what would happen. I am very pleased with the results so far and will be very excited once this is done. I will post the link with the finished product once I am finished. Until then, BLAAH!

Also I decided I'm transfering all my current videos on Youtube to Imeem just so I have them there with me.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well I've hit a snag in my music video.

I created the video using a Linkin Park song, which means I can't upload it onto youtube or it will get removed. So I looked at my other options. Metacafe wont allow me to upload the video because the file is somehow too big. Imeem wont even recognize the AVI video type so I cant use that. Making a freeweb account is annoying because it's not working on my computer. Just about every file hosting site I've researched will not allow me to upload a file larger than 100 MB, and my video is somehow 600 MB.

At this point, I have no method of uploading my music video onto the internet, which really frustrates me because I worked so hard on it and I want you guys to see it.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what I can and or should do? Or will I have wasted three months of hard hard hard work?

Please if you know of anything that could help let me know!

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
There's only one video hosting site that I know of that has no limit on size or length of uploads and that's Veoh. Contrary to what I've heard said, you do not need a special video player downloaded from Veoh to view the content of Veoh. It's only one the video exceeds a certain length that you do, though I forgot what length. You can watch full episodes (half hour ones) unhindered, though if you wanted to watch something around an hour long or more, like documentaries or movies, then you need to download the video player.

Seeing that your mv is likely not an hour long, you can upload it to Veoh and make it viewable to everyone without the need of the Veoh Player.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well I tried Veoh, but once my video was uploaded it was imeediately banned due to copywright infringement. It's so lame. Everywhere I look there is some copywright policy that nobody follows! There are tons of videos on Youtube that use Linkin Park songs as background music for videos, and yet they have not been banned. Plus these videos have been around for at least 8 months! It's not fair that all of these people are allowed to keep their videos up without a problem but when I try to upload one video it is automatically banned. It's straight up bull####! <_<

Anyway, I can't think of any other place I can upload this video. I guess there's no way I can contact whatever greedy company holds the rights to Linkin Park and ask them if I can use only one song for one video

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The reason those other Linkin Park videos have not been banned is because they haven't been caught yet.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well they've all been around forever! I think 8 months is plenty of time to find a video which is considered infringing copyright!

So I guess there is no possible way for me to upload my video anywhere?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just because they've been around for a long time does not mean it's allowed. That's a misconception. YouTube is a huge place and it would take a very long time to find and remove anything that infringes a copyright. Linkin Park has been banned from YouTube for several months now, since they are owned by WMG (Warner Music Group).

As for your video, the only alternative I can see now is running the video through Windows Movie Maker and shrinking the video (which also means lowering video quality) and converting it into .wmv (which it should do by default) and uploading to Imeem, the only place I know of that can have WMG material uploaded.