The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I have to remove my vids

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hi guys!

I come here today with sad news.  I'm afraid I had gotten the following notice from YouTube:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by NBC Universal claiming that this material is infringing:
Very Important Creature:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gJOITmfvHI
Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to prevent this from happening, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.
If you elect to send us a counter notice, please go to our Help Center to access the instructions.
Be aware that there may be adverse legal consequences in your country if you make a false or bad faith allegation of copyright infringement by using this process.
Sincerely,
YouTube, Inc.

So, to ensure I don't get into anymore trouble, I'm going to have to remove my vids and stop uploading them all together.

I'm terribly sorry about all this, but it'll more than likely be gone within the next few days.  You know just how powerful such big name companies are.

This is quite sad, but it needs to be done. :(

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Sad indeed :(
Especially as the videos have been so helpful to make new members discover the Gang of Five.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It is sad indeed, for that reason, and the songs were great to watch without having to take out the dvd's and put them into the dvd player, ect.  But I guess it had to happen sooner or later.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
ooo that's not nice.. I've always watched your videos before I came to this forum.. It's sad but I do understand it... Too bad for us. -_-  :unsure:

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It makes sense... but if it were not for a video on Youtube I would never have discovered this forum.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I am able to keep one vid, seeing as how it is fanmade: Ali is Unfaithful

But yeah, this is sad.

However, I wonder, with how long it took, they just get lucky or did someone rat me out?

Well, vids are gone now, but hopefully I can still find ways to contribute more members here.  All those links on YouTube were such a BIG help.

Yet, I won't give up hope.  There's gotta be more out there who LOVE LBT.  I'll do what I can to get this place known. :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
After hearing about this, I wonder if I should make all my videos private, or if they can stay public.

Did they say you can keep up the Ali is Unfaithful vid?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Mar 5 2008 on  10:52 AM
After hearing about this, I wonder if I should make all my videos private, or if they can stay public.

Did they say you can keep up the Ali is Unfaithful vid?
Considering it's fanmade, it's really not a problem.  All the others were made by Universal, so they had to go. :(

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well I'll still keep an eye out. I did have some music videos of Brother Bear once, and even though they were fanmade, they were still removed because they still infringed on their copyright.

Although my brother believes music videos shouldn't be touched, at least when it comes to footage, because they aren't full eps or full movies.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Mar 5 2008 on  11:05 AM
Well I'll still keep an eye out. I did have some music videos of Brother Bear once, and even though they were fanmade, they were still removed because they still infringed on their copyright.

Although my brother believes music videos shouldn't be touched, at least when it comes to footage, because they aren't full eps or full movies.
If this is the real case, then it shows that YouTube only believes what everyone else tells them.  They take their word for it.  Anyone can say that a vid is copyright infragment, even when it's obviuos that they're not.

Maybe it's best that I erased them though.  After you break the rules, some mods keep an eye on you for a bit.  At this point, I really can't risk anything.

I still have the vids on my computer.  Once I figure out a way to give them to others, I'm sure there will be plenty that will ask me for the vids. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess they do not have people who watch the videos once a complaint comes in to see if it is what the complainer says or not.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
this is truly sad.  I hope music vids are safe from this.  I've always hated youtube, but it is a good source of people.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I like YouTube. I always have ever since Clint first introduced it to me back in 2005.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It can be useful and fun, but stuff like this happens once a thing gets very popular, then the studios start to notice.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 It is very sad you had to erase your videos, I regret never leaving a comment in there, but I indeed watched some of your videos.
 I hope you'll find a way to get them online again, but I agree that you must wait some time so you can avoid unnecessary problems.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sorry for your videos, they were awesome but had to be removed. :(

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, there is ONE good thing I can announce to you guys.  I am able to send the vids through my gmail account. (Pulled this off with someone else on YouTube who asked for them.)

So, just give your e-mail account to me if you want them, and I can send them to you ASAP. :)

I'm not out of business with the vids yet! :^.^: