The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Song Project: When You're On Youw Own

Mumbling · 100 · 8340

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'd like to have all the recordings at in my email box at may 31th. Then I will start mixing.
These next coming weeks are going to be pretty busy but i'll try my best to get it done.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: kjeldo,Apr 30 2008 on  08:54 PM
there will be no music in my song, :(
Kjeldo can you say what you mean in dutch in a PM or something? I don't fully understand you ;) .

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I haven't been on this site for quite a while but do you think that I can join in too or is it to late?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dash The Longneck,May 3 2008 on  01:32 PM
I haven't been on this site for quite a while but do you think that I can join in too or is it to late?
I noticed that you weren't here for some time.. Yes of course you can still join. Try to send your voice to me before the end of may.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Surprise, surprise, I thought of making a keyboard part to the song, hope you like it and maybe it helps.  :)

http://download.yousendit.com/43E4A4D92787E7AB

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,May 3 2008 on  07:37 AM
Quote from: Dash The Longneck,May 3 2008 on  01:32 PM
I noticed that you weren't here for some time.. Yes of course you can still join. Try to send your voice to me before the end of may.
I'll do one better then that I'll have the recordings given to you before this Tuesday. Should I send it to you by PM?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
oooooo thanks Patrick, was that your surprise? ^^ :D

Dash, you can send it to me either by PM or by email, whatever you prefer.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Once again, I will remind you of sending your song to me. I have now edited to post in that way that you can see who has and who has not posted it yet. Please try posting within 12 days so I can start with all voices instead of 3.. :DD

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have a recording done, but im gonna see if i can try improve on it before i send it. I also want to try and do a violin recording, but that probably wont get finished, because this weeks gonna be very busy, due to Grad. Anyways, should i just e-mail the recordings then when im done?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sorry, this ended up slipping my mind due to all of the crap I've had to deal with in what's called "life".

I'll make sure to give them to you by either Wednesday or Thursday. :)

See ya later! :^.^:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hello.. Totally at the beginning of this project people asked me about the original song, and if we would hear littlefoot on the background.
I've got 3 options:

- We use the original song with littlefoot clearly heared.
- We use this song (where I used voice remover on)
- I compose the song from the instrumental pieces you send me.

I probably am going to try all three of them, and see which one looks best. But if you prefer any of these 3, please say so  :) .

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
- I compose the song from the instrumental pieces you send me.
This would likely give us the best results.  I won't have time to work out and send you more than a couple of the instrumental parts, so unless others contribute as well we won't have anything very close to the complete score.

I'll see what I can do though.

- We use the original song with littlefoot clearly heared.
This is my 2nd preferred option.  I'm really not a fan of voice removers.

I'll start doing performances of When You're On Your Own today and I'll send you anything I complete.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Allright.. Yes.. I don't know about the instumentical thing... We'll see about that. I know you don't like voice removers. I don't think it sounds really nice either..

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Allright.. Yes.. I don't know about the instumentical thing... We'll see about that.
Though I must admit, it would be *really* cool to have the Gang of Five do some kind of "live performance" version of a song! :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yes.. That's why I brought in this idea.. If I could just get that file of patrick.... But I lost it..

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,May 23 2008 on  08:31 PM
Though I must admit, it would be *really* cool to have the Gang of Five do some kind of "live performance" version of a song! :)
And um... rather embarrissing...hehe.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have something for ya!

http://search3.idrive.com/driveway/jsp/dwa...p?id=x7q4k8o9z8

I plan on refining this trumpet part considerably, so you may not want to do anything with this.  It's here if you want to play around though, or in the event that I don't get a chance to send you anything else. B)

Here's the Trumpet 1 part I performed.  For the most part, it's simply the main melody.  The section from 1:05 is a little improv stuff which I thought could be useful if you wanted to do something with it.

I'll start working on some other cool stuff now, less related to the main melody.  I mainly did this for myself, so I actually *know* the notes to the melody in this song.  :lol  I've never worked with this song before today. :p   I know we don't really need melody parts so much as background parts (that's what the singers are for!), so I'll see what I can do about that.

I timed this file so that if you insert it *exactly* when the original music track starts playing, it will be in sync.

i'm going to have very little time to work on anything this weekend.  I have to go to work. :(

Are we going to try and produce some background music or are we going to use the original?  Because here's what I'm thinking:

if we're going to use the original song, I can just write some instrumental parts to sit on top of the existing music.  If we're making something from scratch, I'll need to write parts for instruments that already exist (piano, guitar, etc.).  Right now, I'm just adding new instruments and completely new parts, not necessarily present in the original, to fill in the sound and make it a little more original.  

I don't think I'd have time to reproduce the complete arrangement by the end of the month, with the way my schedule looks.  I could do a simple one, without attempting to capture every single detail of the original, just getting the important parts so that the vocals work.  That's probably all I'd have time for.

This song is a pain too because it's in 6/8 time...which, I have to admit, it a little bit of a pain in FL Studio. :p  Do-able, for sure, but just a little more of a pain.