The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ending the lies of LBT with Vids.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well.. They might hate it because:

...they think it is childish and they do not want to be seen as a little child
...their parents say it is stupid(that happens)
...others(like friends) influence their opinions
...the songs of the movie, some might not like lbt because of that
...they haven't seen it yet and their motto is 'what has not yet been seen cannot be nice'
...they had to watch it from their parents as a kid while they actually want to play outside, and they didn't like it anymore because they were forced to.

I think it is a good idea to ask LBT haters on youtube why they hate it =P. Well.. not on youtube, maybe in real life.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,May 27 2008 on  09:51 AM

...they had to watch it from their parents as a kid while they actually want to play outside, and they didn't like it anymore because they were forced to.
Can't blame them with that one.  There are shows I hate for that reason too. :D

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,May 27 2008 on  08:00 PM
Quote from: Mumbling,May 27 2008 on  09:51 AM

Can't blame them with that one.  There are shows I hate for that reason too. :D
You could blame the parents.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In that case the parents are more to blame then the show is, but most folks may not see that.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'm not online much, but most of the anti-LBT stuff is directed toward the sequels, not the original movie. They believe that the sequels are profit-oriented ripoffs of a classic hoping to capitalize on the short-lived "anthropomorphic dinosaur" fad (which spawned such titles as Dink, Disney's Dinosaur, and We're back!). However, what makes LBT different is the fact that it is still around while the others died out when the fad ended.

There are also those who dislike sequels 6-13 because they have become more campy and kid-oriented, supposedly losing the feel of the original completely. In TV, the term is "jumping the shark," though I don't think the term applies to video sequels (probably because most movie series don't get more than two or three sequels). Since this argument is more opinion than fact, there's no real way to debase it, other than to point it out as a logical fallacy.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I've heard (or rather read) many people state that they really like the first movie but hate the sequels. In some cases it turned out that those who wrote so had seen none or only one of the sequels (or at least very, very few of them) and based their opinion mainly on the statements of others.
On the other hand there are of course quite a few differences between the original and the sequels and it is so common for sequels of a good movie to be poor in quality that it is not a big surprise when people are biased against sequels.
There are even GOF members who repeatedly stated that they like the original movie only though I cannot help doubting the total truth in the statement in case of some of them who are active in non-original discussions as well.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
If you want to show that LBT isn't all kiddy, what you do need to do is put in sharptooth scenes from the first film.  There is definitely a part with Littlefoot's mum gets a chunk of her back ripped out (shadows of course, but still there).  That would be a start.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,May 28 2008 on  02:53 AM
I've heard (or rather read) many people state that they really like the first movie but hate the sequels. In some cases it turned out that those who wrote so had seen none or only one of the sequels (or at least very, very few of them) and based their opinion mainly on the statements of others.
On the other hand there are of course quite a few differences between the original and the sequels and it is so common for sequels of a good movie to be poor in quality that it is not a big surprise when people are biased against sequels.
There are even GOF members who repeatedly stated that they like the original movie only though I cannot help doubting the total truth in the statement in case of some of them who are active in non-original discussions as well.
Ohh, now there's some information that will really come in handy.  Thanks, Malte. :)

If you want to show that LBT isn't all kiddy, what you do need to do is put in sharptooth scenes from the first film. There is definitely a part with Littlefoot's mum gets a chunk of her back ripped out (shadows of course, but still there). That would be a start.

I've definitely got quite a number of non-kiddy scenes in mind. (The one you mentioned, LBT 2's scene where Littlefoot's grandparents talked to him about babies, etc.) Seriously, how can you call it "kiddy" with those kinds of scenes?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
^ However, it won't do to put up these things without actual proof pokeplayer. Anyone could claim that people who dislike LBT sequels have not seen them at all. One would have to see the discussion threads or email texts in which the respective statements were made. Unfortunately the only examples the whereabouts I know are in a closed forum for students in Germany so they wouldn't be visible for any user :(

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There are likely other non kiddie scenes also in other movies and tv series.  I've not seen 11, but I think Tria is in it for the first time.  Cera dealing with the closeness of Tria and her dad I'd guess isn't to kiddy.    Her dealing with the fact she'll not be the only kid in the family is another maybe.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,May 28 2008 on  06:12 AM
^ However, it won't do to put up these things without actual proof pokeplayer. Anyone could claim that people who dislike LBT sequels have not seen them at all. One would have to see the discussion threads or email texts in which the respective statements were made. Unfortunately the only examples the whereabouts I know are in a closed forum for students in Germany so they wouldn't be visible for any user :(
There are certian things that even haters can identify within a movie they've seen and didn't like.  Figuring out that is the only tricky part, but that's where you can get those that are giving out the hatred without even seeing it in the first place. ;)

There are likely other non kiddie scenes also in other movies and tv series.

The main problem is that finding such scenes in G and Y rated stuff is tricky these days.  The writers were quite daring in the ninties and earlier. (Static Shock, Gargoyles, most of what Universal did in the 80s, I could go on. :P:) However, today some people feel that they just want to make a quick buck and don't take proper care into quality television.  On top of that, there's rumor going around that the censors are starting to get more strict with such a level.  Seriously, it's hard to put in certian things unless you make them a teaching tool of some kind. (Arthur did the death issue quite nicely.)

Seriously, to EVERY writer of a kid's cartoon show, start doing it right.  You'll get more fans that way. :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, that is one think no one who works in the field seems to understand, or at least no one who is among those in charge is realizing that they'll get more fans and likely a larger profit if they did things well, hired only good writers, & directors, ect.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Hmm; to me, it's less likely that they don't realize it, and more likely that they just don't care.  They don't want to put true LOVE into something, to make it better, it would appear.  It seems like most of them only really care about the money involved...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Making a profit and not caring is how many humans are, especially in certain areas like Hollywood.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm definitely going to take a break from this when I leave the board for a while.  Don't worry, I'll get right back on it when I return.  I still intend to do this.  However, it's apparent that I need a break from all LBT things in general, so even this will have to be stopped for a bit.

Don't worry, this thing won't die.  I don't plan for it to. ;)

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
We got ya!  Hmm, for some reason, the title to a Miles Davis track just flashed in my head; "Go Ahead John."  From "Big Fun."  Heh!  So, go ahead, John! ;) Do what you have to do, friend; take a break, and when you return, we'll all be behind you! :wave
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Keep in mind folks are entitled to freedom of self-expression.  However, I do not agree with hate vids or hatefics of LBT in any fashion :angry:.  I do support your decision to make this vid, but I can't think of any "nice" ways to address haters.  It especially irks me when I see hatefics on FANfiction.net.  Hello, folks!  It's a fansite, not a site to post hatefics and seriously p*** fans off.  Maybe that's why they do it; to get a rise out of fans <_<.  Just know I've got your back on this one when ya return :yes  ;)!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
http://leeham991.deviantart.com/art/The-la...e-time-88193030

I know this guy, he once said I should stop making fanart.. :p

Anyway, here you see him hating the lbt sequels. ( and the why's)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He is free to dislike the sequels, I"m sure some do.  And with the latter sequels having a different feel then the early ones, and both having a different feel then the first I can understand why some may not like any of the sequels.  And some see anything animated as childlish, one of the stigmas anything animated tends to have with most folks in this country.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile