The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time Abridged Series

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Personally, I just want to hear the voices of the characters. Just small samples of them. You could ask some people here or at other places to do some voices, just like LittleKuriboh and Vegeta3986 and MasakoX (the writers of the two most well-known abridged series.)

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, if you need to, you could also get help for voicework.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I guess there are some members who went to lend you their voice. I'd be one of them.. lol But I don't think my voice is too good to do stuff like this.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is an idea.  Even if only 1-2 people help that is 1-2 less voices you have to do, less if 1 or 2 of them can do 2 voices.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think that voice modifiers work here.

See Dan Green's Abridged 101 on Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series website.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wow, after watching that video, I'm a lot more nervous about this. I still want to do it, but I don't know if it will be as well received on Youtube as it is in here. I don't have too many pop culture references, and I haven't even thought about using music! :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Although I definitely could use the vocal pitch changer, or just ask someone to provide voices for certain characters, especially the higher pitched characters.

I have to really work hard on this :unsure:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just do what you can  :^.^: You enjoy it right? If you're going to make more you're going to improve for sure :) Learn new techniques etc. So if the first movie isn't so well accepted on youtube, maybe your second one will.

Next to that, we like it(at least, I do), that's what matters  :^.^: Because you're doing it for the fans  :)

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah you're right. Thanks :D

Ok, the voice pitch changer is not working at all! Everytime I change it, it always sounds like a chipmunk, and I don't think Ducky really talks fast and high.

I might just have to deal with changing my voice pitch, which will hopefully not mess me up throughout the episode.

Anyway, here are my ideas for voices:

Littlefoot will be my normal voice
Petrie will be a my normal voice with some effect
Spike will be a lower version of my normal voice
Chomper will be a higher version of my normal voice
Ruby will be a lower version of my falsetto
Cera will be my falsetto
Ducky will be a higher version of my falsetto

Yes, I will provide sample lines for each character. My normal voice is kind of low, but oh well.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Voice Sample

Ok, here goes nothing.

As requested, here is a sample of my voice overs for the characters. I decided to voice the first part of the script that I posted. Some of it has changed a little, but they were all my choices.

Anyway, PLEASE DO NOT JUST PUT DOWN "This sucks" OR "Crap" OR ANYTHING DISRESPECTFUL LIKE THAT! I will happily take criticizm, but not in a disrespectful manner.

Also, don't expect anything spectacular. I am trying to do this all by myself. Excuse for the fact that some of the voices are either too soft or I kind of crack on them.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Let me check this out :^.^:

Edit:

Ha, I listened to it. I think it's quite good :p :D

Hey, for the bzzt on the background, I can remove it for ya again if you want to make the final thingy.. Like I did with your singing too.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The voices are okay. If I were to do this, I would try to get the original voices, but when I look at the other main abridged series, they aren't exactly alike. I approve of the voices.

Next big thing: the mixed video. I don't want to rush you, but that is the next part that I want to see. Take your time, make it as good as it can be, and show us a result when ready.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah that was my main concern about the voices. I probably should have let you guys know that the voices were going to sound NOTHING like the originals, due to in part that I have a much much MUCH lower voice than the original actors.

For me, this project was not to totally make fun of the series to the point of insult, but just to take a different approach to it. That's why I made my own voices for the characters.

Anyway, I will most likely mix a video for the part I just voiced, in which case I would really appreciate it if Mumbling could get rid of the background noise again for me. I can't promise it tomorrow, but in the near future I will have a sample of what my video would look like.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As I said, don't rush. Do it at your own pace. Also, do you have theme music?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wow, sooner or later I have to repay you for everything you're doing!

I would really appreciate that, thanks Mumbling! Just use the link provided above to download the sample!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well.. I finished the file.. But as my connection drops all the time, uploading isn't really working :p I'll keep on trying though and post a link ASAP.

Maybe you want to volume to be turned up a bit as well? Or can you do those things yourself ? ;)

And you don't have to repay me, it's not so hard to do. If you want to I could teach you how to take away that noise yourself. You can pm me if you want that, easy to explain :) .

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, mind if I make a comment on the voices?

I do have a bit of the problem with how you voice it in general; you're not articulating enough. I find at times you rush through your lines without taking the moment to pronounce them clearly. At times I find myself reading along with the script because I can't understand what you're saying. Slow down a bit with what you're saying. As for the voices, they're not bad. Being someone who likes to voice act, think I could lend my voice to the project? I'd actually love to do Spike's voice! Let me know asap! ^^

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
By the way, I'm willing to help in on the voices as well. I'm not that great of a voice actor, but I can give you my voice and you can modify it as you wish.