The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

No One Has To Be Alone - Karaoke Project

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
With the near-completion and huge success of the first Karaoke project, featuring 5 (possibly 6) members of the Gang of Five singing our rendition of "If We Hold On Together", and with the completion of the "No One Has To Be Alone" MIDI, we're almost ready to start another one!

Malte and I came to an agreement that we want to use No One Has To Be Alone as our next song.  We are looking to use a similar structure to the original song, by featuring five vocalists.  I have a very preliminary MP3 of the music to No One Has To Be Alone with no vocals (based on my MIDI rendition, using instruments from Symphonic Orchestra Silver) available now!

Changes are subject to be made, but we are ready to take applications for the roles of:

Littlefoot
Cera
Ducky
Petrie
Longneck Mother

for our song.  Look to the original song to see which character sings what lines.  If you do not have the original song easily accessible, ask myself, Malte, Littlefoot Fan, or RR (at least I think you do, RR :P: ).  We all have MP3s of it and can easily send it to you.

Anywho, here is a link to a very preliminary MP3, which you may want to refer to for now, and practice with.  Changes are subject to occur in this music, as the end of this project could take a number of months before a final version is released, depending on the rate at which the participants send me their recordings to mix into the music.

http://www.angelfire.com/az3/nightcruiz3r/lbt.html
This MP3 is full-length, but detail work is Incomplete.  I may even completely tear it apart and rewrite it from scratch, like the If We Hold On Together mp3.  I'm not overly happy with the quality of this mp3 as it is now. I'll see what I can do with it ;)

If you're interested in taking a part as a singer, you must own or have access to a microphone.  I'll explain the recording process in detail later, but if you want to see how we did it last time, read the earlier posts of the first Karaoke project.  It's all explained there.  Post here (post your role of choice as well, if you have one) and we'll figure it out from there! :D

You don't need to be a skilled singer to join!  In our last song, nobody had an exceptional voice, but we all had a great time :wow  Join in the fun and apply!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
So many views...so few takers...

I'll go for Mother Longneck.

If you do not have the original song easily accessible, ask myself, Malte, Littlefoot Fan, or RR (at least I think you do, RR)

I do.  :P:  Shocking isn't it?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm sure looking forward to do this!   :yes
I like Ducky's line "There is so much that surrounds us, there are friends we've yet to find", but that's kind of short of course (most of the singing in this song is done by Littlefoot).
Let everyone have what everyone wants to have and I'll be happy to take what nobody else wants to.
Maybe it would be better if we all sing the complete song and Tim decides which voice he feels sounds best at a given part of the song. Doing it that way rather than sticking to the parts individual characters in the movie sung we would not have the problem of anyone doing most of the singing and most of the others ending up with only very short solo lines.
Either way, I'm going to sing the complete song so the part that is required can be taken from it. Thanks for doing this Tim. I really love this kind of group projects! :)

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ooohhh another one! :D Hehe. I'd maybe sort of...erm...like to do this one too *cough* even though I haven't sent in my...other one yet. :lol (Sorry for this incredibly long wait lol :lol: I will get it done!!! :bang)

Maybe it would be better if we all sing the complete song and Tim decides which voice he feels sounds best at a given part of the song. Doing it that way rather than sticking to the parts individual characters in the movie sung we would not have the problem of anyone doing most of the singing and most of the others ending up with only very short solo lines.
That sounds like a good idea :yes

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You bet!  You could certainly do it this way! :yes

Ok, change of plans.  Everyone interested sends me a recording of them singing the entire song, and I'll do the work from there. B)

So far, everyone who's applied to this was in the last one, and they all know the basic idea of how it works, so I won't go into that right now.

Tobeysan is also interested in taking part in another song, so he's in too :D

So far we have
Malte
RR
Littlefoot Fan
Tobeysan
Action9000

everyone, feel free to send me recordings whenever you're ready.  I'll plug them in as I have time B)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Yah know what? I'm not exactly vocally tuned to be the next pop star (I probably sound more along the lines of James Hetfield LOL) I'll give it ago...has the role of Littlefoot been taken already?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Excellent, LF1616 :D Glad to have you on board! :yes
I recommend using Goldwave v 4.26 (not the newer one!  It's confusing!) for your recordings.  It's powerful, easy, and free (well, the free trial is more than we need).  This is what i'm using for all my recording stuff.

http://www.goldwave.com/release426.php

has the role of Littlefoot been taken already?
We changed the plan; if you don't mind, could you sing the entire song? :P:  :D

*Note*
When you record, please use:
 a sampling rate of 44.1 kHz (Aka. CD Quality)

Mono sound.  Stereo is ok, but I'll convert it to mono once I receive it, so stereo is just a waste of file size.  Most microphones don't record stereo. :p

If you're going with .wav files, use 16-bit depth.  You may use 24-bit if you wish, but the file size will be much larger, your sound card may not support it, and I"ll be converting it to 16-bit on my end, anyway. :p   Please don't use 32-bit.  I can't play 32-bit .wav files, and they're absolutely Massive! :P:

If you're going with .mp3s, please save it as at least a 160 kb/s.  Higher is better.
I have little preference whether you use .wav or .mp3.  MP3s are smaller to send over the Internet.

Thanks! :wow

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
So this is the No one has to be Alone song right? could I be part of it. but you'd have to wait for a few weeks though. I am still in USA and not got my Laptop or a computer with a mic, I will be back in the UK by 30 of Augest. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So this is the No one has to be Alone song right?
That's right.  Great!  We're happy to see you as part of this song, Threehorn. ;)

Don't rush getting me your recording; we have time.  I still want to fine-tune and clean up the music anyway.  I have a lot to work on, so I need all the time I can get, LOL. :p

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
So which part would I sing? or should I sing the whole thing in the recording? when I get back to the UK of course lol

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If you'll sing the entire thing, that would be great! B)

Save the recording as basically any file type you want; I'll find a way to use it.  Be sure to read this quote before starting your recordings:

*Note*
When you record, please use:
a sampling rate of 44.1 kHz (Aka. CD Quality)

Mono sound. Stereo is ok, but I'll convert it to mono once I receive it, so stereo is just a waste of file size. Most microphones don't record stereo.

If you're going with .wav files, use 16-bit depth. You may use 24-bit if you wish, but the file size will be much larger, your sound card may not support it, and I"ll be converting it to 16-bit on my end, anyway. Please don't use 32-bit. I can't play 32-bit .wav files, and they're absolutely Massive!

If you're going with .mp3s, please save it as at least a 160 kb/s. Higher is better.
I have little preference whether you use .wav or .mp3. MP3s are smaller to send over the Internet.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adam, Malte:  Here are some examples for you folks to take a look at.  I have created 2 (very preliminary) Mp3s, one for each of you, using the better overall recordings that you sent me.  Please look over these.  If you want to try singing again, I'll definitely accept more attempts at the song.  

These are *ROUGHLY* what they will sound like in the final version, but remember that no detail work was done on either of these MP3s.  They are just a rough indication of how you will sound with the music.  If you don't like it, feel free to try again. :)   Please post back and let me know whether you want to try again, or keep the one I used in your Mp3, here.

Adam - No One Has To Be Alone
Malte - No One Has To Be Alone

Enjoy. B)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Bwahahaha...I can't hit ANYTHING low at all.  :lol:   I've known that for a long time now.  Still that isn't half bad for having no voice training at all and just going by what I learn playing brass instruments for ten years. :p

Hey Malte, are we destined and ready for solo careers?  :lol

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks for the flattery, but flattery it is ;) Anyone who listens to the recording can hear I'm wildly out of tune on several occassions. The spoken "almost" in the song is giving me a particularly hard time.

Saphireraptor

• Ruby
    • View Profile
oooh I'll have a go with this one since the other one is full ><
ehm can i have the mp3 for this one please?
I have the song for this but it is a different version.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Saphireraptor

• Ruby
    • View Profile
kay thanks a bunch! I'll practice and record, im getting a new mic on friday cause my cat broke this one :cry, so i'll practice with this mic for the meantime ^^

oh and if isnt too much trouble can i also have the actual song aswell?
i dont have the version with littlefoot singing, instead i think i have the end title one hmm
thanks a bunchies!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You bet!
Here's a link that will function for about one week:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...41E5A6A525D4FCB

One thing you should be aware of: When recording, please sing to our New MP3, Not the original one in the movie.  This is because I cannot guarantee that the speed of the music is exactly equal in both versions.  In order to make sure your recording is in synch with our music, I need to you sing to our version.
Thanks a lot! B)  :wow

(Btw, pleased to meet you!  Welcome to the Gang of Five! :lol )

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Cool, we have another singer with us!  :)
It is so much fun singing these songs and finally hear yourself singing it along with people from all around the globe. As you are interested in LBT music (you are identical with CrimsonRaptor from the N54 LBT forum, aren't you?) I'm sure you will enjoy this too  :yes