The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

No One Has To Be Alone - Karaoke Project

Saphireraptor

• Ruby
    • View Profile
yup heehe im crimsonraptor  :lol

kay thanks! I think i got it right, do you want me to upload a copy of just my voice? or voice with the song as well?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think i got it right, do you want me to upload a copy of just my voice? or voice with the song as well?

I just need the copy with Just your Voice.  I'll mix it with the music (and the rest of the singers) on my computer. B)

I am still in USA and not got my Laptop or a computer with a mic, I will be back in the UK by 30 of Augest.
Whenever you're ready, Threehorn, freel free to send me over your recording. :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hi all!  I'm ready to receive recordings from:

Threehorn
Littlefoot Fan
Saphireraptor

Whenever you get them completed.  Feel free to send them over msn, Yahoo, or Yousendit.

my MSN Identity: action9000@hotmail.com
My Yahoo Identity: action9000
my e-mail: action9000@hotmail.com

Notice: The deadline for this project will be September 30, 2006.  Please send in your recordings Before this date or you will not be included in the song.
Thank you. B)

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't believe this, my computer broke down AGAIN! I'm not sure how it happened, but I think I may have picked up a virus. Right when I got it back from being fixed too!!! I went to some website and norton detected a virus and said it was unable to remove it. This most likely isn't the case though since I've gotten that message before and nothing ever happened. Maybe it just wasn't fixed properly, I don't know.

I'm sure I'll have it up and running before September 30th though, no worries :yes

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't believe this, my computer broke down AGAIN!
Ugh, talk about rotten luck! :(  Best of luck getting that taken care of, LF Fan.  I know that not many things are more heartbreaking than watching your computer die right before your eyes. :P:

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yea, tell me about it :( Luckily though, I managed to save the hard drive. Before the computer broke down again, my dad put the drive back in and I was able to access all the files on it. However there were strange things happening. I couldn't really copy anything (I got a few folders), but most of them said they were unable to copy the folder because of a specific file that had a hard drive error on it or something. And when I went to them certain files, I couldn't open them or anything! And what was wierd is it was only a few files. And I was able to view them before (like one of them was a picture) but once I tried to copy the folder, that picture wasn't able to be viewed anymore. Instead it said there was a hard drive error or something. It was really wierd, but at LEAST it's all there. God I'm so relieved :^.^: Hopefully the hard drive won't die on me for some reason and just not be able to work at all, but I have to find some way to get around those file errors! There's no way I'm gonna go to each file individually and try to copy it :lol

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks, Saphireraptor, for your recordings! B)  I've plugged one of them in (the one marked "Best"), just roughly so far, but I must say I am most impressed!  Great job! B)   It looks to me like Malte has some competition for "best Singer" on this one! :p

Once I receive Threehorn's and Littlefoot Fan's (who is currently having a bit of computer trouble), I'll clean up the song and post it up!   :wow

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't see this as a competition as in "being better than somebody else"; not at all. I'm very happy for everybody chiming in and the better it sounds the better it will be! Thank you for joining us Saphireraptor!  :)
I can't wait to hear this one. It is one of my absolute favorite LBT songs  :yes

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't see this as a competition as in "being better than somebody else"; not at all.
Nor do I. :DD I'm just looking forward to how this will sound all together=, and this one is looking better all the time.  Speaking of which, I still need to do my recordings! :lol:

Saphireraptor

• Ruby
    • View Profile
oh yay you got the recordings!

sorry if i seem like im invisible on th boards, im still here though school is giving me little time to do personal thingies.  :cry

but im still here ^^

well i personally cant wait to hear it!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well Saphireraptor, I have a gift for you:
Here you are, singing solo to our music.  Thank you for your great effort in this; I think you will sound great in the final song, with all of us! B)
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...D1EB6A75A80142B

sorry if i seem like im invisible on th boards, im still here though school is giving me little time to do personal thingies.
Lol no worries! :DD I'm in the same boat over here.  School is really bogging me down; it's so tough this semester. *one more year...one more year....* :p Sorry for the delay in posting this one up.  I don't have a good excuse except getting distracted from the LBT community for awhile. :P:

Once I get Threehorn's and Littlefoot Fan's recordings, I'll post up the final song!  That is, unless they don't get back to me by the 30th! :P:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Lovely!
I listened to this too Saphireraptor! You sure do have an awesome singing voice!  :)
I'm really looking forward to the final version of this  :yes

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow SaphireRaptor, that's real nice! You sound like you could be one of the singers! :DD Nice job! :yes

This isn't lookin too good lol I need to bug my dad to fix my computer right away, I think he keeps forgettin :slap

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I did my recording on No One Has To Be Alone today.  I think it came out reasonably well, and I'll post up a version of my solo: :P:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...A6B7E7136CFFBAD
Your turn to make fun of my singing! :p

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You know, I suppose I should finish these someday! :p   Thanks for the reminder!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here it is everyone:
The Gang of Five's rendition of No One Has To Be Alone! :D

I wasn't able to remove all of the background noise on your recordings, Adam and Malte, without distorting your voices.  I removed as much "hissing" as I could but it is still obvious when I fade Adam's or Malte's vocals in or out because of this noise. :p   Actually, my recording suffered a similar problem in this song because of an experimental mixing technique I tried. :p I think I know how to fix this in the future.

Oh well, this is still an interesting version of the song, once again bringing the GoF members closer.

Well done everyone, and thank you for participating! B)

Download the song here:
http://www.angelfire.com/az3/action9000/lbt.html

It's a 192 kb/s mp3 file (stereo, 44.1 kHz).  If anyone wants the song in a different format, just let me know and I'll be happy to post it up.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thank you so much Tim!  :yes
I love this one!
Amethyst's voice sounds just lovely in this one! Please tell her!  :)
The last but one voice (and you'll never be alone) seems somehow extremely dark and a bit like it was disfigured. May this be because of the removal of hissing sounds?
I really enjoy these singing projects a lot and can't thank you enough for taking all the work that comes along with the projects Tim!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The last but one voice (and you'll never be alone) seems somehow extremely dark and a bit like it was disfigured. May this be because of the removal of hissing sounds?
Yes, I tried my best to keep it sounding natural while removing as much of the noise as possible.  Unfortunately, there was so much noise that it was basically impossible to do either very well.

Amethyst's voice sounds just lovely in this one! Please tell her! 
Actually, Amethyst didn't sing in this one.  The female voice you are hearing is our fresh talent, Saphireraptor B)

I really enjoy these singing projects a lot and can't thank you enough for taking all the work that comes along with the projects Tim!
As am I!  Any requests on which song(s) to sing next?  I'm open to anything. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ooops, I'm sorry Saphireraptor.
You did an awesome job.
As am I! Any requests on which song(s) to sing next? I'm open to anything.
How about "Adventuring"? I know you already have a midi version of this song. It would be a rather lighthearted song for a change. It depends of course how many would like to sing it. So what does everyone here think? Do you have other suggestions? Like Tim I'm open to anything.