The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I'll be doing Let's Play for LBT Games

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Sep 26 2010 on  01:27 PM
Seriously, I'm losing hope at actually beating this game. :(
Just keep playing the game, when I first got to the Tar Pit level in Ice Age 3, it took me over a month to get through it with out dying. After playing the level six times I finally got the hang of it.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
When I said "other than just talking about the game" I meant that literally. Talk about the story, talk about the level, talk about the quality, talk about the difficulty, talk about the enemies, talk about the graphics, talk about the interface, talk about the hud, talk about ANYTHING related to the game, not just how you're playing it and what's going on 'on screen'. There are long periods of silence and just you walking across the screen and waiting for things to happen, than making small comments about them. You didn't make any comment about littlefoot when you changed to him, but rather responded to comments.

I know what Lets Plays are about. Sometimes I prefer text ones to video ones. Case in point:

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Half-Life/Up...%201/index.html

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, here's what I'm doing for the final video.  In this one, I am simply going to record my footage of me playing and then do the commentary later.  I know that's probably not the best way to go, but I'm sick of this and I just want to get it done.

I was able to save Spike and Petrie before losing all my continues.  Spike is only useful when you need to make something heavy drop.  Yes, the game designers used his bulk as his ability.  Lazy developers! <_<

As for Petrie, he's unplayable and his game sprite just looks awful!  It's worse than Petrie's infamous "bat version".  I know that's hard to believe, but I won't be surprised if certain Petrie fans start cursing when they see it. (Or at least start bad mouthing the developers on it.)

And yes, despite the fact that you save them all, there's still levels left to beat.  At this point, I'm not sure if I was on the final level by the time I used all my continues.

And now, I have to go through saving Petrie again.  A part of me thinks his game sprite is too ugly to try to save again.

Unfortunately, for the fans, I have to push through. -_-

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sorry about that John. I guess the difficulty they thought of is once again 'too hard' much like the lion king Gameboy game, almost undoable.

good luck!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I have finally made it to level 20, thus getting a new password, and OMG this level is just impossible!

If this is the final level, they definitely saved the hardest for last.  Because of these tiny pools of lava that spit acid, (Not kidding here!) it's just impossible to beat this level without getting hit.  On top of this, we now have fast moving acid-spitting ticks. (Geez!  The developers must have had a fetish for acid spitting enemies, especially with dragonflies that can do it too!  Sheesh!) Add on cheap placement, and you can understand why this is so hard.  Not to mention near impossible to get treestars. (Again, not kidding here.)

Speaking from experience, I'll be lucky to pull off this one.

Considering the difficulty, I can only pray for a miracle. -_-

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I actually was able to figure out level 20.  I have indeed concluded that it's impossible to beat without getting hit, but the trick to it is learning the flow of everything.  Once you get it down, you can beat it with only taking 3 hits.

However, I quickly found out that there's MORE levels.  They aren't like 20, but they are in the range of difficulty I have now come to expect with the final levels of the game.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there's 24 levels, with one final password to come.

At this point though, I cannot do all the levels and make the video and narrative needed before I leave for my vacation.  So, I'll give up to level 19, the password and show off 20.  Trust me, the level is a nightmare.

Sorry guys, but the last and final levels will have to wait. -_-

So, expect Part 3 tomorrow.

See ya later! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay guys, before I leave, here it is.  Just click on the link and scroll down to Part 3.

http://thelandbeforetimewd.com/The-Land-Be...meboy-Color.php

Enjoy and I'll see ya later!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I... I did it!  I can't believe I actually did it!  I actually beat the game! :) And I sadly don't feel like I accomplished much. -_-

Thanks to that, I'll be doing the commentary tomorrow and post it on my site Sunday.

I'll even include a Full Gameplay Video that shows how I did each level.  That's going to be quite big in size, (considering there's 23 levels here and requires over an hour of gameplay to pull off.) so expect that one to be a while.

Now, if you guys don't mind, I'm going to rest and think about the next game I'll be doing.

See ya! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here it is, and PLEASE tell me what you think.  Again, audio-sync problems plague it. :(

One last point of warning.  The ending screen for the game is UGLY!  I've never been so disappointed with game design.

Anyways, click on the link and scroll down to the bottom to watch it.

http://www.thelandbeforetimewd.com/The-Lan...meboy-Color.php

Enjoy and I'll see ya later! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I really want to talk about my progress for the next Let's Play.  The next one I'm doing is The Land Before Time Activity Center.

In order to record this, I had to download a program that records my screen.  The one I chose is called CamStudio.  It's completely free, and with it you can record any size amount of your screen you wish.

This really came in handy because The Land Before Time Activity Center was made specifically for computers up to 480p.  So, when you play it on a computer with a higher number of pixels, you get some BIG black bars around the video.  They really take up a lot of space and just make it look terrible when the video plays back.

However, I quickly found that the audiosync for the saved video was still bad.  However, I did figure out how to edit it.  Goldwave has the function to change the pitch and when you change that, you actually make the sound go longer or shorter, basically changing the length of the audio.  Put that in it's place in a video editing program, and you're good to go.  Of course, it is tricky to figure out how much you need to change it because the more you do the more off-sync it tends to get, and I made the mistake of doing 90 minutes at one time.  Oops! -_-

So yeah, I'm doing my best to fix the audio right now.  This could take a while.

Also, I found that The Land Before Time Activity Center runs at an astonishing 2000 frames per second.  Most video editors bring it down to 30 frames per second, so when it's done, expect a lack on video quality.

With that said, I should expect this to be done sometime this week.

So yeah, I just wanted to give you guys a heads-up on how I'm doing and I'll see ya later! :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You're gonna play activity center ? :D I always played that as a kid, in dutch. I'd love to see it in english :)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Is LBT activity center the game that, among other stuff, included a game where Cera navigated a maze collecting things? I've been trying to find the name of that game cause I used to play it all the time when I was little. I only know it's not LBT Math Adventure since I still have that CD.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah it is! :) With the scary sound when you're in the T-rex part :o

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Speaking of the Maze Part of the Game, W0R$7! (0N7R0L$! 3V@R!

And yes, it does deserve to be mocked with that 1337 Speak.  It's that bad!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Believe me when I say this John: The controls were perfect on Win 98 (even my mom played the game sometimes, she remember them being good as well)... When I played it on XP they sucked though.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Oct 20 2010 on  01:11 PM
Believe me when I say this John: The controls were perfect on Win 98 (even my mom played the game sometimes, she remember them being good as well)... When I played it on XP they sucked though.
Well, in Windows 7, it's SO bad, you can't even finish it on the easiest level.  It's like there's invisible walls or something.  I just can't pick up all the items.

Okay, I'm halfway done with fixing the audio.  It's been a struggle.  I've had to change it bit by bit to get the syncing just right.  Worst part is, after each change, I have to save it under a new file or I won't be able to access it so I can test it.  This ends up giving me an extra 20 minutes of waiting just to test the dang thing and find out that there's another part off.

I'm going to come up with something to prevent this from future Let's Plays.  This is really tedious to try to fix.

Hopefully, it can be completely fixed this week.  Sorry for further delays on this.

See ya guys later! :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I had a demo version of this game years ago. The only games I could really play were the coloring book section or the maze. I played the maze more often and liked it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey guys!  I finally got done with fixing the audio.  Man, was that EVER a real chore to fix.  Seriously, it was SO tedious.  It took me nearly 75 editing sessions with Goldwave to fix it, but I finally pulled it off.  This means that I'll be doing the commentary soon, hopefully tomorrow.

If things go well, you can expect this to be on my site by Saturday at the latest.

So, I'll see ya guys later! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll be doing the commentary later today, so expect it to be done by tonight.  I finally have a free chance and I'm using it.

On top of that, my Gameboy Color Let's Play is now on YouTube.  Here is the first video, split up into two parts.

Part 1

Part 2

Enjoy!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey guys!  Um, slight delay, sadly. -_-

Unfortunately, I had made the STUPID mistake of not muting the old audio, so it made the video sound like there were two voices playing at once.  I'll get it fixed as soon as possible.

Again, sorry! :bang  :bang  :bang