The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Google vs. Bing

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Which is better at finding what you need?

Bing is one of the few companies to majorly attempt to take on the vast Search Engine known as Google.  Bing has even gone to the length of advertising on TV, showing itself to be better.  Google is known as a Search Engine, but Bing classifies itself as a Decision Engine.  Still, is it better?

Here's a little thing I found, on Google, when you type in "The Land Before Time Forums", this site is no where NEAR the first page.  However, when you type the same thing on Bing, this site is at the #2 spot on the very first page.  Wow!  We got that high and didn't even try to? :blink:

Bing shows quite a few different things with quite a few searches when compared with Google, even with simple things like pictures.  In some cases, Bing completely buries those LBT Sex Pictures that gave us nightmares, even with Safe Search off. (Though in some cases, it didn't happen.)

For me, it's hard to say.  In some cases it's better, but in others, it's worse.  To be honest, I really can't decide between the two.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jul 20 2010 on  12:29 PM
Which is better at finding what you need?
Google for most pictures (like LBT, those are very easy to find), but for high quality screenshots from like Happy Feet or The Pebble and the Penguin I just use youtube videos. That's where I get all my screenshots for animations.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
In bing.com the keywords "land before time forum" put us at the #1 spot. :celebrate

In google.com the same keywords put us about #63.  The LBT wiki is #1, which has our link of course, and the keywords are connected to the GOF.

That's just one example anyway.  I've been eating out of google's paws for years and will continue to do so.  It simply works.