The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Quote from: Serris,Sep 24 2011 on  07:30 PM
Oh boy, Spike fell in love with Rainbow Dash?
LOL.  Yeah, that will be the day.  Good one. :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
One word of advice DO NOT read Somewhere Only We Know more than once. It is very well written but is is basically a brown note that will make you feel sadness and nothing else.

One person said that he read it once and he couldn't watch an episode of FiM for three weeks.

I made the mistake of reading it three times and the third time, Sabaton's Purple Heart was playing. I broke down into tears.

In lighter news, I am working on an Insane Cafe/Pony fic.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I can handle sad stuff can I have the link to that story Serris?

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Sep 25 2011 on  06:21 PM
Sure.

Here it is: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/stor...ml?m=0#comments

Trust me, I thought I could handle sad stuff but this was too much.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Sep 25 2011 on  06:08 PM
Sure.

An interesting story, though I can't say it drew a tear from me.  It certainly is sad that reality is a dark mirror of the actual show (sometimes) but its nothing that gets me down.  The only thing that gets me sad is death... most of the time.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I watched part two.
My only complaint is that Celestia should have gone to Discord face-to-face.
Maybe even distract him from bothering Twilight so she could get her friends back.  
Heck, he should have been in Canterlot using Celestia as a "pet", and she went through with it to distract him (continuing to imply a past "history")
And then we have the same roll of not taking the Mane Six seriously until it's too late.

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Sep 25 2011 on  06:08 PM
Sure.

Dang! That was depressing; it really was. But I kinda like the ending. I love how the fanfic is so happy, innocent, and bright one moment and so dystopian, grim, and sad the next. Bravo to the writer! Bravo!

I'm actually also working on a fanfic. It's actually a parody--more or less. I'm even planning on submitting it to Equestria Daily. I even have the artwork ready. I'm not sure if it'll get accepted, but I'm crossing my fingers. I'll keep the content a surprise--for now.

But I really feel depressed now. I really do. I'll think that I'll go play some jazz on my

<--- awesome saxophone

to cheer me up.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you for the link Serris and Dima02. I read the story and I liked it a lot. It was a little sad but a good well written story.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile

I say...I say ah what now...
I mean, right now the Intro is 33 seconds long. Once Episode 3 comes around, it will be 1 minute long, and in Season 3, it will be extended into 2 minutes? How much more can we extend it? Soon enough, it may outshine the length of Pee Wee Herman's Playhouse intro (2 Minutes 30 Seconds). I mean, just when you start to tire of the normal 30 Second intro, they extended by 30 seconds. Once your ears are done gouging themselves out at the end of Season 2, Season 3 rolls around, and you must wait 2 minutes before the actual program starts, and a normal episode is 2 minutes long, that that's 20 minutes left of ponies. That may seem long, but remember what happened in Season 2 Episodes 1 and 2? They were so rushed due to time constraints, so now add more constraints onto that!

Oh, what shall we do now?

(^ I will be abusing that a lot on other forums...muhahahaha  :p )

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I remember that the song for Blinky Bill was nearly one minute long.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I know right this isn't good. They need to keep it short and sweet. Not extend it my god there is only so much of the song I can take. That means with commercials and the opening theme in season 3 the show will be 32 to 33 minutes. The pain we will all embrace once season3 hits.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Petrie85,Sep 26 2011 on  08:11 AM
I know right this isn't good. They need to keep it short and sweet. Not extend it my god there is only so much of the song I can take. That means with commercials and the opening theme in season 3 the show will be 32 to 33 minutes. The pain we will all embrace once season3 hits.
2 minutes isn't that long of a song. I've listened to songs longer than that, the longest being 14-15 minutes in length. And I don't see how the opening theme will become 32-33 minutes because of that (unless I missed something). Besides, it seems a bit unfair to say "this song isn't good" simply based on the length.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Sep 26 2011 on  08:31 AM
Quote from: Petrie85,Sep 26 2011 on  08:11 AM
2 minutes isn't that long of a song. I've listened to songs longer than that, the longest being 14-15 minutes in length. And I don't see how the opening theme will become 32-33 minutes because of that (unless I missed something). Besides, it seems a bit unfair to say "this song isn't good" simply based on the length.
I think what he's saying that the length will get tedious after a while. I mean, I'm fine with a 30-60 second intro, but when you have to watch 2 minutes of the same thing over and over before watching a 20 minute episode, it can get tiring.

Allow me to quote James Rolfe from his 'You Know What's Bullshit' series...

Or how 'bout, even better! Let's put TV screens on elevators! Before the elevator can move, you gotta watch some ads (Or Intro Song in this case)

2 minutes can get tedious after a short while.

SWEET EDIT: WOO, THIS POST MADE ME A SENIOR!  :birthday

Thanks to this thread, I have now achieved one level higher!

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
2 minutes still doesn't seem that bad to me. Anime intros are typically about a minute and a half to two minutes, from what I recall. So if the intro would become 2 minutes long, it wouldn't simply be repeating the same lyrics; chances are they'd put in new lyrics and new verses.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If it gets to annoying you can always either press mute and go get a sandwich or a drink, or leave the room for the time it plays and come back, or get the episode off of youtube and jump past the intro.  On dvd you can jump past or fast forward or something I"m sure.

I can see it being annoying to some folks if they do a marathon type of thing and watch a number of episodes back to back.  Once a week for 26 episodes doesn't bug me any.  Though I like the opening so that may be part of the reason.