The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Aug 1 2011 on  02:00 PM
Two pictures of Derpy Hooves

THAT PICTURE I LOVE AND HATE SO MUCH

Confound you Derpy, you slow down my viewing time on Ponibooru!

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
They're very funny pictures I saw. I liked them a lot. If I find more I will post them.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bongo,Aug 2 2011 on  01:11 AM
It really does prove that Rarity is the best pony :lol
Silly Bongo, that's not how you spell Rainbow Dash. :3 :lol

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
What the hell did these ponies do to everyone!? Out of curiosity today I looked up these ponies on Wikipedia and sooo many people are actually into this! I already knew that these ponies are spreading to practically every fan forum, deviantart, and multiple memes but I didn't think they would be THIS popular! These darn ponies are spreading like a plague!

The only cartoons that I know that were uber popular in their own time was The Smurfs, Dexters Lab, PowerPuff Girls, Looney Tunes, Rugrats, Scooby Doo, DragonBall Z, and notoriously Spongbob Squarepants. But I don't think I've seen a cartoon that becomes this popular so quickly throughout the multi-medium. Seth Green is a brony, Lady Gaga is a pony fan, Katy Perry is a pony fan, Clinton is a brony, Lead game designer of Naughty Dog is a brony, and now Colbert is a brony.

It's only a matter of time before these ponies take over the world. :yes
By the way, I'm still not a brony. :nyah  I'm going back to watch my movie Rango.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: oogaboo,Aug 2 2011 on  09:21 PM
By the way, I'm still not a brony. :nyah
Denial: the first stage of bronydom. :angel

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@ oogaboo: You know, wouldn't be a bad thing if this show did.  I mean, it has a REALLY great, positive message behind it, so what's the worst that could happen?

--------------------------

Anyways, I'm here to talk about a MLP fanfiction that I ran into.  A fanfiction I ask NO ONE here reads, just so they can be spared the torture I was put through.  In fact, I question it BEING a fanfiction over a hatefiction.  Sure, it was made by a fan and all, but is, in fact, quite sadistic and twisted in nature to the point of showing signs of a hater making it, but holds so many good little references that only a fan of the show would know.  So yeah, kind of a mixed debate there.

The name of the fanfiction I ask you all to avoid is... Cupcakes!

In the story, Pinkie Pie is turned into a sadistic psychopath who has Rainbow Dash at her mercy (Rainbow Dash is tied down, so she's not going anywhere.) of a "surgical experiment" that she is doing.  Basically, she's seeing how long her friend lasts before giving in.  I won't go into details of what she does to the Pegasus, but just know that it's really sickening in the end.

The worst part is that the author designs it as if Pinkie Pie was ALWAYS like this, which I will only comment as "No she wasn't!".

I'm not going to go into details of how messed up the author made Pinkie Pie, but it's obvious that they don't quite know everything about the character at hand.

Heck, the fanfiction even tries to justify itself with putting in the fact that Episode 25, where she went a little crazy because her friends tried to hide a surprise party that was for her birthday from her, was the cause of it all.  Now, while I will admit she did go a little crazy in Episode 25, I will also note she was cured of her problem when her friends told her the truth of what was going on.  So basically, the fanfiction tries to pull a complete 180 on the whole thing.

I am appalled by this, and if this guy is the fan he claims to be, than I am appalled by that as well.

The worst part is that it gets great praise from quite a few fans, and I am appalled by that also.  A fan is meant to honor what they love, not mock it.  This fanfiction is clearly doing that.  It is not meant to be praised.

I ask you all stay away from this one.  You might end up saving your sanity in the end, because mine is on the brink of being crushed.

Now, if you all don't mind, I need to find a cure for all this before I lose it.

See ya later!

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
@ pokeplayer984

Too late, I already read it BEFORE you gave out the warning, and let me give my honest opinion: Is isn't as bad as everyone says. The writing is horrible, the characters are WAY out of line, there is no need for such excessive violence, yet it wasn't that bad. Why? I actually LAUGHED a bit at how out of place the story was. People made the hype surrounding the fanfic almost unholy, as if it was a spawn of Satan. I thought I would be diving into a, how do I put it, hellhole, and would come out scarred for life. But instead, I came out knowing that the hype is a bit overdone and that I actually got a few laughs out of it.

There is no denying, however, that Cupcakes truly is one of the most recognizable things of this fandom. Plus, do what Pinkie Pie says...

SOOOOOOOO~
Giggle at the ghostly!
Guffaw at the grossly!
Crack up at the creepy!
Whoop it up with the weepy!
Chortle at the kooky!
Snortle at the spooky!

PS: If you want to get rid of the after taste of Cupcakes, I suggest that you read Rocket to Insanity, but if you do, you will have to read the Alternative Ending, or else you will be left with the same after taste of Cupcakes. If you do read Rocket to Insanity, you have to read the alternative ending

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Though I'm not going to read it or anything, in regards to a person making a disturbing fanfic, let me say something I heard on TvTropes:

Welcome to every fandom ever.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Trust me, I think everyone's heard of Cupcakes.  Thankfully I never read it because I was duly warned by others online.  I would never go looking for a sickening fanfic like that.  Gore and MLP....the two just don't mix.  Though I don't think anything mixes with gore.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
If I have time I would read it. And thanks Land Before Time Lover for getting me into this show. I actually like the show also. It's great and the characters aren't that bad. They're actually some are like able.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 2 2011 on  01:54 PM
Trust me, I think everyone's heard of Cupcakes.  Thankfully I never read it because I was duly warned by others online.  I would never go looking for a sickening fanfic like that.  Gore and MLP....the two just don't mix.  Though I don't think anything mixes with gore.
I've heard of that fanfiction and what the plot is on one of the MLP podcasts I listen to.  It sounds like a pretty nasty fanfiction from what they talked about it.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There's only one time that Gore has worked with a My Little Pony story.  
Fallout: Equestria.  Makes sense, I suppose, given the game the story is based on.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Agreed. Fallout: Equestria's gore is appropriate due to the subject matter. Plus, it describes the gore in great detail, making the world seam much more real. And it is written really well, so the gore isn't "Cupcakes" gore, but more of an "Epicly Written" type of gore.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I don't think a kids show like this and gore doesn't mix at all. To me that sounds god awful. And not worth reading in my opinion.