The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Aug 27 2011 on  09:22 PM
Awesome uploads everyone I really liked them a lot.I'm looking forward to the season 2 witch comes out soon.
i'm kind of thinking of encorperating the two alicorns I just posted in my fanfic.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Awesome looking forward to read it when it does.

And yes I agree that was the best video I have seen with Ponies

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: 2007excalibur2007,Aug 27 2011 on  11:20 PM
THIS IS THE BEST THING ANYONE HAS EVER MADE WITH PONIES.
Wow!  Okay, what program did this person use?  There's definitely a few effects in it that I question as to how they were pulled off.

Still, VERY awesome video. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Aug 28 2011 on  12:12 AM
Wow!  Okay, what program did this person use?
Probably Adobe Premier.  That's the program I personally use, and it's capable of doing all those things.  Though I must admit, it must have taken at least 3 hours to cut out all those characters in the first 30 seconds of the music video.  Perhaps even longer depending on how meticulous they were being when cutting them out.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 28 2011 on  01:56 PM
Though I must admit, it must have taken at least 3 hours to cut out all those characters in the first 30 seconds of the music video.  Perhaps even longer depending on how meticulous they were being when cutting them out.
Wouldn't it make much more sense if he had to edit each and every one of those pony vectors in Photoshop first before tossing them into Premiere?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@Bongo

I was wondering when someone was going to do something like that.

Quite horrifying indeed. *shivers*

Probably Adobe Premier. That's the program I personally use, and it's capable of doing all those things. Though I must admit, it must have taken at least 3 hours to cut out all those characters in the first 30 seconds of the music video. Perhaps even longer depending on how meticulous they were being when cutting them out.

I had a feeling it was that one. :)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah that was a cool picture you posted right there. It wasn't that horrifying to me because they show it in the movie without a Apple Jack being there.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: 2007excalibur2007,Aug 28 2011 on  04:27 AM
Wouldn't it make much more sense if he had to edit each and every one of those pony vectors in Photoshop first before tossing them into Premiere?
Well of course.  I don't think you can even cut them out properly in Premier without isolating the backgrounds, which would be impossible without putting them into Photoshop first.  But if you bothered to do that, it would be MUCH easier to just cut them all out in Photoshop before throwing them into Premier.  Cutting things out from their backgrounds is usually very difficult and time consuming.  The simple animation of MLP:FiM makes it easier, but no automatic program is going to be able to it.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I didn't know that either. in 20 days the second season starts.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just wanted to state that I am now officially a brony! I owe it all to my new favorite character, Pinky Pie. Her performance during the stampede in episode 4 tipped me over to the pony side  :lol:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Justin1993,Aug 29 2011 on  05:50 AM
I just wanted to state that I am now officially a brony! I owe it all to my new favorite character, Pinky Pie. Her performance during the stampede in episode 4 tipped me over to the pony side  :lol:

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: Justin1993,Aug 29 2011 on  11:50 AM
Agreed. That was indeed hilarious.

[Insert pony-related image-macro with "Welcome to the herd" caption here]