The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile

I found this gif too cute not to share

Applejack is now best pony
 :lol

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
You did a awesome job on the drawings Bongo. I liked the colors you used also.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Considering those who are behind this show, I'd say they'll bring in the element of death if they feel it to be best.  They'll avoid it for most of the episodes, and if they do use it, they'll have as little blood as possible, and be straight forward on the lesson.

They aren't afraid to use it, they just won't use it very much, and I'm okay with that.  They'll simply do it when they feel it's best. :)

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

Rule #42 is win.

Also, rule #32 is what we're doing in this thread right now. :lol

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Heres some awesome stuff I have to share, mainly because Dr Whooves doesn't seem to be getting much love here:

I hate Pears!
I hate Pears!

ALLON'S-Y!
ALLON'S-Y!

Whooves' arrival in Equestria
Whooves' arrival in Equestria

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Looks like Rainbow Dash isn't the only one who became a "legal name".  Take a look at the name of one of the editors of Past Sins.

Kim Fluttershy Dykas

I wonder which one will be next. :)

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, I know there are people out there named Spike, and there may bepeople named "Rarity" too. Heck, I've seen people named Dawn, Hope, Liberty, why not Rarity?

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
And it's not illegal at all. At least I don't think of is. And any news on what new characters will be in season 2?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Allicloud,Aug 31 2011 on  08:20 AM
Well, I know there are people out there named Spike, and there may bepeople named "Rarity" too. Heck, I've seen people named Dawn, Hope, Liberty, why not Rarity?
Except those names most likely came BEFORE the creation of MLP itself.  So they really don't count.

I'm suspecting Twilight Sparkle to be next. :)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Well, there is one fan who thinks that Pinkie's characterization in Cupcakes is totally canon, pokerplayer, so there is that.

Ugh. That anyone's obsessed enough to change their name like that just makes me almost ill. How empty would one's life have to be that they're not satisfied with what they've been called since birth?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Aug 31 2011 on  10:21 PM
I'm suspecting Twilight Sparkle to be next. :)
Does this count? :p

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
It's an eyeliner. And yes, the color of that one just happened to be named "Twilight Sparkle". :p

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
LOL awesome. Anyone know what new characters will be in the new season?

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Aug 31 2011 on  06:57 PM
LOL awesome. Anyone know what new characters will be in the new season?
The only real new character we know of at the time is this mysterious Discord fellow. Still no idea what or who he is though.
But I have heard rumour that Derpy may get a more prominent role this season. I'm hoping for a speaking role.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Aug 31 2011 on  10:01 AM
Well, there is one fan who thinks that Pinkie's characterization in Cupcakes is totally canon, pokeplayer, so there is that.
*Note, this is in the kindest way I can muster*

Well, the person obviously needs another check on what Pinkie Pie is like!  Seriously, I may not like Pinkie Pie as much as others do, but even I know she wouldn't act like that at all, even if she did lose it.  She was totally out of character in that story, and I still stand by it being a hatefic.

Trust me when I say that there's NO way a fan would make that.  If they think they are one, they are obviously delusional.  In my eyes, that person is no fan because that story totally disrespects the show, and a true fan would NEVER do something like that.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Aug 31 2011 on  07:13 PM
Well, the person obviously needs another check on what Pinkie Pie is like! Seriously, I may not like Pinkie Pie as much as others do, but even I know she wouldn't act like that at all, even if she did lose it. She was totally out of character in that story, and I still stand by it being a hatefic.

Trust me when I say that there's NO way a fan would make that. If they think they are one, they are obviously delusional. In my eyes, that person is no fan because that story totally disrespects the show, and a true fan would NEVER do something like that.
Well if it was a hatefic, I don't think it would have ended up on Equestria Daily (and yes it is on there), a site where fans of the show gather and show artwork and such. It might look like a hatefic, but you have to realize that there's all kinds of different types of fans in MLP (as any fandom) and there are people who would write something like that while still being a fan of the show.

It is unfair of you to say that if the writer of the fanfic thinks they are a fan then they are delusional. As I said, there's all kinds of fans of the show, with varying degrees of interests and such.

While obviously an out-of-character fanfic, Cupcakes is one of the most well known fanfics, and there's at least one I know, maybe two, in which there is a Cupcakes reference. So the fanfic does have popularity even among MLP fans.

Note: I am not a fan of Cupcakes either. But I don't hold the author in contempt for writing it.