The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
"Applejack taught me how to applebuck. And I taught her how to stand up straight."

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Quote from: Bongo,Sep 23 2011 on  04:16 PM
"Applejack taught me how to applebuck. And I taught her how to stand up straight."
"If I'd known that was th' last time I was ever gunna see her, I would'a thought of somthin' better to say."

Okay! WHO left the cloning machine on!

Now Pinkie will break every forth wall in the universe and all the universes in between! Equestria is DOOMED D: !

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Lots of great and funny pictures, & a cute one too.

Imagine the chaos all those Pinkies can cause.    I also wonder if Twilight would like ot have that many number 1 assistants.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
It is!
It's one of those "jokes for grown-ups".
So, when Spike calls her Appletini in Bridle Gossip...

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well this bucking sucks...

Last Saturday, the episode aired at 8:00 AM, so I just assumed that it would air at 8:00 this Saturday. I was too busy doing some work to set a recording, so I just decided to set my alarm to ring at 6:50 so that I have time to prepare...

BUT GUESS WHAT!

Episode aired at 6:00 AM. And I want to watch it in 1080p. Ah well, at least tomorrow they have it reairing so I set up a recording, but wow, I forgot how early kids wake up on Saturdays...

Oh great, now I will see PLENTY of spoilers on Ponibooru, 4Chan, Ponychan, and Equestria Daily. Shoot, that means I will have to take a day off from those websites >_<

PS: On a lighter note...have some new Computer Wallpaper Images!

[Source]

[Source]

[Source] <--- My Wallpaper

[Source]

[Source] <--- USED to be my Wallpaper

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
*sighs* Again, this plot should've been saved for a movie.  It was definitely too fast-paced for the plot at hand as an episode.  Still, Part 2 was pretty good.

Part 2 highly focuses on comedy.  During Act 1, you really can't go far without laughing.  It's just that good.

Discord actually proves he's a threat here.  With all the chaos he causes, it's no wonder that he had to be stopped.  On top of that, he pretty much knows what he's up against here.  He knows the main six's strengths and weaknesses AND he knew how to drive them apart.

Act 2 comes into play with some help from good old Princess Celestia.  Let's just say that she helps them find a way to beat Discord's spell.  Also, don't think it's easy.  All of them put up a good fight against the cure at hand.  Especially Rainbow Dash!  Boy, does she ever prove she deserved that win against Starscream yesterday. :)

With Act 3, they pretty much wrap everything up.  It's over before you know it, but Discord still puts up a fight.  Let's just say that he could've split them up easily then and there if his arrogance didn't get the best of him.

So yeah, pretty much too fast-paced for a two-parter, but still proved to be pretty good in the end.

I can tell that Discord's voice actor really had a lot of fun with this.  I'm sure he'll be glad to take up more villains in future episodes.

So yeah, it's really good, you should definitely give the Season 2 opener a watch, even if you aren't into MLP.  You'll definitely enjoy the 45 minutes you'll waste with it.

Oh, and HERE'S THE YOUTUBE STREAM!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omhSnagjOL0

Now, if you don't mind, this brony is going to enjoy a pony marathon until Episode 3 comes out, which won't be for several weeks. *disapproved sigh* Curse you, Halloween!

See ya next time! :)

EDIT: Oh, and the ending of the episode is just BEGGING to be parodied with the ending of Star Wars: A New Hope.  Seriously, I guarantee there will be a video of that before the day's end.  Just you watch. :)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Sep 24 2011 on  09:22 AM
Now, if you don't mind, this brony is going to enjoy a pony marathon until Episode 3 comes out.
you won't be the only one. I will have one as well.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Well, I just finished watching the episode, so here is my general review of the entire "Return of Harmony" saga (WARNING: SEROUS SPOILERS ABOUND!!)

Needless to say, after the first part ended, I have very little idea of where they would go with it next. But they went with it pretty well.

Seeing the opposite personalities of the ponies was pretty entertaining to say the least, especially Cruel Fluttershy and Greedy Rarity. Seeing the interaction, with their constant negativity eventually breaking Twilight, causing her to lose her faith in her friends, thus losing her colour herself, was cool.

The biggest surprise for me was probably the interesting move on Celestia's part, of making Twilight understand by ending her back all her friendship reports. A very interesting little touch, and pretty well done.

The various chaotic things going on in the back were heaps of fun to watch. When I heard that Discord as essentially a god of chaos, I was kind of expecting a more malicious sort of chaos, rather than simple surrealsm. But hey, it's still a kid's show, so I guess it's kinda justified.

Once again Discord himself was fun to watch, seeing him revel in his own madness, and not ven flinching when they tried to use the Elemens against him. But at the end, he kind of stopped being so creepy and insane, and became a little too silly. And when they use another attack from the Elements, epic and visually stunning as it was, he just sort of stood there and took it, like he knew he was screwed. Bit of a shame, but no big deal. And at least they did go with imprisoning him again, rather than turning him good or something (I've seen that done before several times, and it ever works)

But was the episode perfect? Sadly no. Once again, the pacing issues from the previous episode snuck in. Near the beginning it was fine, but the climax just seemed a bit rushed. I have to agree with what some other bronies are saying, that they could have made this story an hour-and-a-half film instead of a 40-minute 2-parter, so they could do more without the time constraints. But I guess being a bit rushed is better that dragging out alot.

And personally, I think the final scene in the palace made up for it by giving us what we last expected: A freaking Star Wars reference! I'm not kidding. You got the hall of the palace filled with ponies, the mane cast walking down the aisle to Celestia, who congratulates and thanks them, commemorating another window to them, with Spike standing on the side, to victorious orchestral music, before curtain-wiping to the credits, where the usual ending theme was replaced with another orchestral piece! It's clever, and certainly a unique sort of reference, and... well, unexpected!

All in all, the pacing was a bit jarring at times, but overall a great start to the new series. I would say that the rest of the series is gonna be great or epic, but I honestly have no idea what to expect with the rest of the season. But I'm living in hope, and eagerly awaiting the next new episode!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks for the link to part 2 of the episode.  I'll watch it later today.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I told you guys it would happen!  I told you! :D

MLP:FiM - Star Wars Ending

Too bad they didn't sync it well.  Oh well! :)