The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The RP Section Slowing Down?

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
I've noticed that the RP section has been getting slower and slower in the past two weeks. It has me a bit concerned.

Perhaps we all have busy lives that are slowing us down, or perhaps I was a bit harsh as a mod, setting the posting limit rule (a rule that even I broke at one point)

Or maybe there's a certain absentee that I don't know about.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Maybe we should start inviting friends outside these forums to liven the RP's a bit.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I personally think that it is just a phase.. It will pick up again sooner or later.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm not too concerned. I particpated in several RPs in the past. Slowdowns just seem normal to me. RPs tend to slow down sometime, then pick up speed later on.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello.
 I agree with DH, you know I haven't roleplayed, but that doesn't mean I don't know of roleplays and players. Activity is always up and down, because it always depends on many factor, including real-life issues. But, as DH said, activity will raise again ;) , don't worry Aves, everything will return to normal, or even to get better.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The RP sub-forum is like the stock market; rates go up and down on a cycle that is very complex.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They seem slow now, but things may pick up later.  Folks may be busy doing other things, college exams, ect.  I've been here less then a year so it may be natural for the rp threads here to slow down from time to time.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
it depends on how much free time we have available. for examplem, i had to scorekeep for a basketball tornament this week, so my time was limited.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
I've had a big boring research paper on W.E.B Du Bois (never even heard of him :x ).  I FINALLY got finished with it and turned it in today so I'll be free for a bit.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Hey sometimes these things happen...I say we just wait and see what happens...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think the  initalrush of posting was unsustainable,there was bound to be a dropoff at some point..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
it may be that.  It may also be part of the ebb and flow.  I've noticed, for example, even during the same time, I may come here 6 hours later and sometimes my last post is on page 2, and sometimes only 2-3 have posted since I was last on 6 hours ago, even during the same hours.  So the posting to the rp threads may be the same.  Folks busy in rl, not sure what to post, ect.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Agreed.  Life's been...keeping me busy recently.