The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Are Sharpteeth ticklish?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Guido escapes out of the mouth from this sharptooth in LBT 12 by tickling him with his feathers.
So I wonder, if all the Sharpteeth are ticklish? If not so Guido would've had just luck with his sharptooth.
Inactive, probably forever.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm afraid sharpteeth being ticklish is one of the symptoms of what I consider the degeneration of sharpteeth from respectable villains (or rather opponents since the strive for survivial and the according strive for food is arguably no villany) to mere means of cheap entertainment.
The sharpteeth of LBT 11 were defeated by being tickled too leaving very little threatening atmosphere about them.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Then again, any animal feeling an irritation - or a tickle - in their mouth, would most likely open their mouth to spit the offense out (or in the spinosaurus' case hoot with laughter :DD)
although I agree - the spino was pretty epic at first, but I wish that he'd had more time as the antagonist and chased the Gang around some more.
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yep,
this sharptooth(or spino :rolleyes: )scene is really boring to watch.
I haven't give LBT 11 a though  :slap , anyway, you're right, Malte. Very boring sharpteeth in this film, too :(

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Yep, I'm also with Malte here about the degeneration of sharpteeth as the sequels went on. How did that guy get stuck between some rocks, anyway?
Same with 11, the bit of threatening atmosphere the two raptors brought completely vanished when the tiny longnecks started tickling them. The ones from 13 weren't tickled but there were driven off a cliff by yellowbelly "singing". It was ridiculous. I loved the predators from the early sequels, let alone the one and only Sharptooth himself. The later ones didn't live up to that standard at all.

About the ticklish part... It might not be too different to us. Some of us are ticklish, others not so much. I imagine it might not be too much of a different story with sharpteeth, or dinosaurs in general. Well, in the LBT universe, at least. :unsure:

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Mar 4 2013 on  04:45 PM
Some of us are ticklish, others not so much. I imagine it might not be too much of a different story with sharpteeth, or dinosaurs in general.
I wonder how the Gang will handle a sharptooth who is not in fact ticklish :blink:
"Quick, Plan B!! SING!"
:lol
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
"Quick, Plan B!! SING!"

Oh yes, sing! Sing and bounce! SING AND BOUNCE!

...wait... :lol

Personally, I would just run as fast as possible and hide somewhere if I can. :DD

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I wonder if I could run away from a sharptooth since I'm a good sprinter :DD
I can sing and dance, too, so I'd be prepared for defending sharpteeth  :lol  :lol  :lol

Anyway, I too think, that some sharpteeth are ticklish, while other aren't.
Interesting points so far ;)

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I'm definitely not. I'd probably get eaten within 5 seconds! :lol
I'd have to climb up to a place they can't reach instead, since I'm better at that than running. :DD