The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Things from The Secret of Saurus Rock that make no sense?

credence007

• Ruby
    • View Profile
So there’s this YouTuber named Alteori who has recently been releasing some reviews on all the Land Before Time movies. I really like her reviews because she is an actual fan of the series, but is also very critical but in a hilarious kind of way. The most recent one she released was her part 1 for Secret of Saurus Rock (she’s currently working on part 2 and reviews for the later LBT movies), and it really got me thinking: there are a LOT of things in the movie that make no sense.

First of all, how did the “Meanest Most Ferocious Sharptooth Ever” even get into the valley in the first place? Did he get in through the “pass” into the valley that the herbivores do? Was there less protection against Sharpteeth back then? An even BIGGER question (more about the Valley in general in ALL movies) is: how do Sharpteeth not even KNOW about this “pass in the valley” that the herbivores use to get in and out of the valley when coming and leaving? And wouldn’t entering the Great Valley just risk accidentally leading a Sharptooth into the valley where he can find meals galore?

Next, the canyon where they jump over the tall rock formations keeps changing between shots, but what REALLY doesn’t make sense is that looking at the view from the Great Valley wall, the way they go SHOULD have put them across from some large hill or dune or something and into a dead end, and the forest was just straight ahead, and it looks like they didn’t even NEED to cross the canyon in the first place.

During the “Bad Luck” song, Littlefoot encourages Spike to join into the song, where he starts scatting along with the song. At the end, Ducky glares at him with her hands on her hips like she’s angry at him, leading him to smile guiltily. WHY is Ducky mad at Spike for scatting during the song? Is scatting during a song something considered offensive in the dinosaur world? Littlefoot had no problem with it, and was even the one who encouraged him to join into the song. Or does Ducky just hate when people start scatting in songs?

These are just a couple things off the top of my head that just don’t make sense about the 6th movie.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 01:37:35 AM by credence007 »

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
One thing that doesn’t make sense is how a log that goes flying because of a Sharptooth, HAPPENS to be conveniently placed right near two canyons.  Is it a physics sort of thing that I forgot to learn in physics class?

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Honestly, I am LOVING Alteori's reviews of LBT, she seems like she's having so much fun with it and you can tell she was a big fan when she was younger. Also her giggle just makes me smile. Definitely cheered me up this past month.

Anyway, yeah I think a lot of things in the sequels don't make sense, but LBT 6 was one I always struggled to watch because some of the stuff is just either nonsensical or infuriating (the twins and that useless sharptooth specifically).

When it comes to sharpteeth in general getting into the valley, honestly I don't think it makes much sense. Like in LBT 2 they mentioned the Great Wall which would block anything from coming in, but in LBT 4 a big ol' herd of longnecks can come in but sharpteeth can't? I know there's the hidden canyon with the bad smell in the TV series, but that isn't exactly explained until much later and I'm pretty sure it's not the only entrance used. My only other guess is that because the herds living in the Great Valley are so large and they work together, sharpteeth just don't risk going in because it could end up going south pretty quickly for them. Even going through the passes might involve a bit of rough terrain and it might just not be worth it. Maybe they just attack the migrating herds on their way in and out.  :bestsharptooth

Next, the canyon where they jump over the tall rock formations keeps changing between shots, but what REALLY doesn’t make sense is that looking at the view from the Great Valley wall, the way they go SHOULD have put them across from some large hill or dune or something and into a dead end, and the forest was just straight ahead, and it looks like they didn’t even NEED to cross the canyon in the first place.

Yeah that establishing shot just didn't do the canyon any favours at all. Maybe they just jumped across for fun? Also there were constant inconsistencies on how many rock spires there were that the gang could jump across.

During the “Bad Luck” song, Littlefoot encourages Spike to join into the song, where he starts scatting along with the song. At the end, Ducky glares at him with her hands on her hips like she’s angry at him, leading him to smile guiltily. WHY is Ducky mad at Spike for scatting during the song? Is scatting during a song something considered offensive in the dinosaur world? Littlefoot had no problem with it, and was even the one who encouraged him to join into the song. Or does Ducky just hate when people start scatting in songs?

Yeah I always found it weird that Ducky got so mad with him. It just comes right out of nowhere.  :lol.

Also I have to say, that Allosaurus just really winds me up. It just stands around for so long not doing anything to the kids and just waiting for them to figure out what's happening before striking. It gets itself stuck in a tree trunk and then bites through the log across the canyon basically dooming itself. I dunno about Grandpa's generalisation of sharpteeth not being very smart, but it definitely applies to this one. Also Alteori pointed out that this sharptooth occasionally walks with its feet flat on the ground like a human and now... I can't unsee. It's so weird. XD

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The Secret of Saurus Rock is one of my favorites, mainly because it is very supernatural (a la Bad Luck) and feels like Arthurian Quest.

The Useless Sharptooth makes me laugh. Even if prey sleeps in his mouth, he can’t get a bite. :D

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

00not_nathan00

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • instagram
LBT 6 is my second favorite sequel behind LBT 4 and ahead of LBT 9.
I am also liking Alteori's reviews especially because Alex hasn't upload on his LBT channel in a we bit (please Alex make a LBT 9 review).
Anyway im waffling, with the sharpteeth I have noticed that after the first movie the sharpteeth have gotten dumber (probably to keep the G rating).
I know that sharpteeth are cowards as said by Bron in LBT 10 but still.  :facepalm smh.
Still waiting for the bluth cut

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
The fact that they know the word Dinosaur.

Or the fact that they know how to say words like rain and dream, when they clearly changed those two words to sky water and sleep stories.