The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

DVD questions.

Kor · 5 · 1257

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've noticed it seems they have combined 2 movies onto one disk.  I was just curious if these are double sided disks, single sided.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Are you talking about the dvd's you buy in the store or something else?  I know for a fact that even if there's only one movie on a dvd that you buy from the store, it is at least 8gb and is a dual layer.  It's technically called DVD-9 format.  They do this so you can't just drag the files on the dvd to a blank one and sell them! :p It's still pretty easy to convert a DVD-9 to DVD-5 so you can copy a dvd, but I won't go into that here. :P: Decrypting the dvd's are easy so long as you know the format, but yeah, they're DVD-9 format on regular ones.  I haven't seen any disks bigger than 8.7gb(except blu-rays) so unless it's a blu-ray, it's still just a dual layer disk.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I saw some dvd's listed on Amazon and by the description it seems to be that some have 2 movies on one dvd, unless part of the description is wrong and the package comes with 2 dvd's.  Some of the descriptions can be wrong now and then.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Even a dual sided disk is still only 8.7gb max.  I don't see how they could have fit 2 of them on there unless the quality is crap.  If they're animated, then I think they could be, but typically, they just include 2 disks.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks, was just curious and thought I'd ask before I started buying more movies in a few months or so.  

I know the listings can be not accurate.  I forgot which book it was but their listing had the book as being 3 pages when it was more then that.   :lol