The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time Sing Along Songs

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm an avid garage/yard sale visitor (I like to go to them). This can have it's benefits. I was doing this, and my mother (who is well aware that I'm an LBT fan) was kind enough to point out an interesting item for me today -- a Sing Along VHS tape. It's like the first one, but it's a little different.

The description on the front says:
FULL-LENGTH SCREENING CASSETTE

with PROMOTIONAL TRAILER

Please return to your sales representative after viewing.

This does NOT represent final video sleeve art.
Apparently, it was a promotion set up by Burger King (their logo is on the back, as well as mentioned in the video) to give viewers a test to what was to "ARRIVE MAY 13, 1997!". It's a full 30 minutes with all of the songs from the CD that accompanies the VHS tape of the first LBT Sing Along Song tape, including the Anndi McAfee version of "If We Hold On Together" (but I could swear that it's in a lower key or something). Except for a few subtle differences like stuff relating to the promotion of the LBT franchise, a message on the tape itself that says "DEMO TAPE ONLY.", and two text messages that appears, which is "PROPERTY OF UNIVERSAL STUDIOS" (appears twice, once near the end, and once near the beginning) and "If you have rented or purchased this cassette call 1-800-NO COPYS(1-800-662-6797)", it appears to be the full thing.

Apparently, I've got a copy of it that I really shouldn't have got -- back in 1997, anyway.

It's purchases like this that promote my status from "LBT fan" to "LBT collector".

And to think that I only paid $2 for this.

I'm such a cheapskate.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
God I want that!  I cannot believe someone sold it for $2!  Is the cover really that dark and does it really lack that much color?  That's really weird.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
The cover isn't really dark, but it has no color (that's NOT how the final cover looks like; the final cover can be found in the second link I provided). However, it is a fully complete deal with the 10 songs (and, really, the three text messages only appear at the beginning and end of the program and they are very brief). And, yes, they sold it for $2. Apparently, it may be even rarer than the standard version (or mabey more common, I don't know :p ) due to the fact that it's a promotional video from Burger King or something like that (I wasn't even really into LBT until about two years ago). Sometimes, you can really luck out at a garage sale, but you have to be patient and possess hard to tire legs. :DD

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
The real sing along songs video cover looks really stupid.  I wish they would have just made the one you have color instead.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Oct 20 2007 on  07:27 PM
The real sing along songs video cover looks really stupid.  I wish they would have just made the one you have color instead.
Oh, you mean the one with the gang marching and with Ducky holding a flower thing? :lol Yeah, the one I got wasn't a "final release", per se, but it was close. Probably graphics like that would be among the only differences.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Oct 20 2007 on  06:51 PM
Is the cover really that dark and does it really lack that much color?
Well, alright, the cover itself isn't really dark, but the characters are quite dark themselves, so I would say that the pictures are pretty accurate. And, of course, there is no color.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
When I saw this video at that garage sale, I had a taste of victory. However, I've set my sights on higher things. I'm going to be hunting down various garage sales tomorrow, so I want y'all to wish me luck in finding that gem (I know I could get it online, but I rarely resort to that).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope you find what you're looking for for less then you thought it would cost.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
The garage sale plans are looking grim.

I have just in the past few hours came down with a bit of a cold. It's nothing serious at all, but it was enough reason for my mother to call off the plans.

Oh, well. It's not like we hadn't been to these partiulcar homes before, anyway....

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe next time.  I know you didn't want to look online but I found some used vhs at
the usa (don't know what country you are in) Amazon at:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/104-4...=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/104-4...=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks, but I've got my sights set on the CD I posted a link to.

I've probably bought mabey 4 or 5 thing online. It's a sort of last resort when there is no other option.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile