The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Greetings fellow dinosaur fans!

SpikeTheStegosaur

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I remember screaming when I saw the preview for this movie because I was such a dinosaur freak at age 11. LBT did not disappoint me. This is one of the coolest dinosaur films I've ever seen. It was very dark and gripping (the earthquake, Sharp Tooth, the death of Little Foot's mom) and also very funny (his arguments Cera, Petrie's inability to fly). My favorite part of it though, was the music. To use orchestral and choir music in a kids' movie is a rare thing indeed.

I was rather disappointed with the DVD release though, as there are no extras, it's in 4:3 and 2.0 sound format. Why not set it to 16:9 and 5.1?

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to the GOF forums...I hope you enjoy your stay here and post your heart out!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope you have a lot of fun here.  

Sometimes the decisions made concerning dvd's can be puzzling, like I heard they cropped the Kung Fu tv series video so they can sell them as wide screen.  I heard the dvd's are full screen and the LBT movies (no idea of the tv episodes) are made wide screen.  I find it puzzling but not a lot we can do.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Hello and welcome to the gang of five!  I hope you have a good time here.  Take a moment to browse through the posts and find one that you think is interesting!  Feel free to post if you have something to contribute! :yes

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome with us SpikeTheStegosaur! :)
You will find the Gang of Five to be an awesome place for land before time fans. Please feel hearty invited to join our discussions or start threads of your own. :yes

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess by your user name that Spike is your favorite character, or one of them?

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Hi, welcome to the gangoffive. Please feal hearty and enjoy our discussions :yes

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello, and welcome to the The Gang of Five message board! I hope you have a good time with your fellow LBT fans here.

That's quite a first post, there, so it deserves quite a response. :DD While I've "only" been an LBT fan for the past two years, I've actually only known the original film and seen it since sometime in March or April of this year, so before that point, all I knew were the sequels. From others' experiences I've heard of, that's quite an unusual way to go about things. I always wanted to see the original, having seen most of the sequels, and when I did, I was happy happy happy! :D Again, I hope you enjoy yourself here. :^.^:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum! hope you enjoy your stay here.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Hello, SpikeTheStegosaur, hello. =)
Feel free to post and have fun.  ;)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: SpikeTheStegosaur,Oct 20 2007 on  11:01 PM
I was rather disappointed with the DVD release though, as there are no extras, it's in 4:3 and 2.0 sound format. Why not set it to 16:9 and 5.1?
4:3 is the OAR of the film...to make it widescreen actually would be against the filmmakers' intentions. ;)  What would they do...cut off the top and bottom?

Anyway welcome!  :wave  I like the music too! :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
4:3 is the OAR of the film...to make it widescreen actually would be against the filmmakers' intentions. wink.gif What would they do...cut off the top and bottom?

Like I mentioned above I think I heard they did that with the Kung Fu tv series dvd's.  Though I think things are better if the widescreen or full screen is kept to what the original creator's intension's were.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Howdy and welcome to the Gang of Five! :wow

Like Petrie, I'm quite a fan of the original soundtrack as well.

Are you sure LBT 1 isn't in 5.1 Dolby Digital?  My box says it is and when I plug in the DVD my receiver/decoder shows it as having 5.1 audio tracks.  More LBT DVDs are 5.1 than 2.0 audio.

Here is a photo of my audio system playing back LBT 1 on DVD.  Shown in this picture is the playback of multichannel audio (3/2.1 on the display = 3 front, 2 rear + subwoofer = 5.1).  I do have the 20th anniversary edition, if that makes a difference.

[EDIT] I recently learned that the original DVD release did NOT have 5.1 audio.  The anniversary edition does.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
:wave Howdy SpiketheStegosaur :wave

Welcome to this! The Gang of Five Forum. Dedicated to all things LBT (and a few assorted other topics). Pick a topic, post what you can (in tandem with the rules of course ;) ) and enjoy your stay with us!

Littlefoot-1616 B)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
N-Cha!

Welcome to the forums.  Have fun, post, etc... all the good stuff!

Starfall

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
welcome SpiketheStegosaur. Hope you will enjoy your stay here.