The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
Is there a spot to post links to forums a member has made?
I have a MLP FiM forum that needs more members, but I dont wanna break any rules.
If I can link on here, I'll link back onto the pony one.

It does take a few eps to get into it.
I was hesitent at first, but after I got a few eps in I was all
"This is SO much better than the stuff on tv now!"

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
AvestheForumFox, h...how can I ever thank you?

I haven't been on this website for a LONG time because you have introduced me to this new addiction: Ponies. I would of NEVER of likes ponies if it wasn't for you. Due to this forum's very positive look onto the show, I went on watching the first episode with no fear, and now I am hooked for life. Every day, 24/7, I have been on at least 5 Pony sites.

Thanks. You have changed my life forever...

FOREEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I must say, the My Little Pony craze is sweeping through the internet like a plague.  I can't go anywhere without someone screaming "ooh, My Little Pony!  My Little Pony!"  So despite my better judgement, I decided to download the series.  I must say, It's not what I expected it to be.  The stories are actually....not that bad.  The animation makes me sick to my stomach and I can barely watch it, but I'm beginning to kind of appreciate the characters in a strange, twisted sort of way.  

My Little Pony is compelling in the same way you can't help but look when an old naked guy starts running down the street.  You don't want to look but you just can't help yourself.  There are times when I can get past the animation, but only for an instant.  Then I'm snapped back into reality and get that kind of sick feeling.  My Little Pony is like being really REALLY hungry and eating a shitload of cake.  You're starving so you can't help but eat, but unfortunately the stomach pains after eating are almost as bad as starving.  

So will I ever like My Little Pony?  Doubtful.  But will I watch it?  Yes.  I just can't help myself - especially when the entire series is just sitting there on my hard drive taunting me and I just wasted 34GB of bandwidth downloading it (this includes seeding).  I'm not against little kid shows.  Hell, I even like Dragon Tales.  But My Little Pony is just......sickening and compelling at the same time.  It's very strange.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
They look like the Powerpuff Girls if they were turned into horses...

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
I would like to say, landbeforetimelover, that it's really the characters that make the show shine. They are not just characters placed there to just be there, but are actually pretty well developed.

Take Rarity for example. Instead of just being a fashion diva that is obsessed with what's new and hip, she actually runs a high end boutique, so it is her job to do so. Take Pinkie Pie as another example. Although she seems like the hyper girl that likes to throw parties on the outside, as shown in Episode 25, she actually has a much...MUCH...deeper side than that.

Also, you should not just give the show a try, but also give some of the awesome fan content a try! The fandom has really put its heart into creating all sorts of media, from pictures to FanFics, and even PMV's. It's amazing what they can pump out with just 1 season of Pony.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My Little Pony is compelling in the same way you can't help but look when an old naked guy starts running down the street. You don't want to look but you just can't help yourself.
Ah ha ha ha! :lol: Ok that was hilarious :lol

I really gotta watch some episodes of this, I am so curious now. I would love to see what my friends say when they walk in while I have a nice little my pony episode on XD

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Want to watch all of the episodes in one sitting?  There's a link for that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnelx6VLm9Y

It's over 9 1/2 hours of pony-awesomeness! :)

In all seriousness, that's just insane! :blink:

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
So much win!
Cant wait for second season! Im (oddly) hoping for holiday themed eps!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Zenoah,Jul 17 2011 on  10:03 PM
So much win!
Cant wait for second season! Im (oddly) hoping for holiday themed eps!
Hmm, now I'm wondering if they have something along the lines of Halloween and Christmas. :)

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can seem them having some holidays around the same time, maybe with different names.  That could be interesting to see, if they do that.  As well as new holidays.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Has anyone read the latest FanFiction that came out? It's pretty awesome. I D'aww'd, laughed, and got shivers down my spine reading it. And it is not even done yet! If you love reading stories and epic things, then this story is for you.

It even has an awesome custom made image!

[/IMG]

FanFiction Link

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^*sees the image* :o

Okay, if the story turns out to be FAR more enjoyable than the show, (Which is enjoyable enough as it is.) I will personally send a letter to the studio behind MLP:FiM begging to hire this writer.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Definitely going to give this a watch. You know it must be good when you stumble upon my little pony praise on a reality wargaming forum.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jul 19 2011 on  04:34 PM
^^*sees the image* :o

Okay, if the story turns out to be FAR more enjoyable than the show, (Which is enjoyable enough as it is.) I will personally send a letter to the studio behind MLP:FiM begging to hire this writer.
Being realistic, no matter how good a fanwork is, the studio is not going to hire the writer just because of that

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I can't believe I was :crazy enough to watch every single episode. I can't believe we are still talking about ponies! I can't believe that my favorite episode is 9! :D

*ahem*...anyway I had enough of this pony stuff. I do not wanna succumb to these "bronies".

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: oogaboo,Jul 19 2011 on  08:24 PM
I can't believe I was :crazy enough to watch every single episode. I can't believe we are still talking about ponies! I can't believe that my favorite episode is 9! :D

*ahem*...anyway I had enough of this pony stuff. I do not wanna succumb to these "bronies".
Best of luck resisting, but I bet you will fail and join the herd. :D

Also, I feel a bit of sadness at the FACT that a show entitled "My Little Pony", a colossal FAILURE in the 80s, is the one ruling the net today.

Shows you just how terrible American TV got, huh? :)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I also wish you luck in resisting oogaboo. I'll say this though I am