The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Question from Land Before Time 5

jcn · 6 · 1721

jcn

• Ruby
    • View Profile
First off, I'm brand new here.  I've been a Land Before Time Fan for a long time now.

You know how in the Land Before Time 5 when the Leaf Gobblers came and ate up all the food, during that scene, Littlefoot, Cera, and Ducky attempted to hide inside a log, but unfortunately, Cera could not fit inside the log.  What always baffled me about that was this.  How was Littlefoot able to fit inside the log if Cera couldn't, especially since Littlefoot is taller.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd assume Cera is sturdier than Littlefoot. Even though he is taller and longer than Cera (due to his long neck and tail) Cera has a "thicker body" so to say... my guess at least :p
Inactive, probably forever.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I think its the legs. Little Foot's are quite long and so can be folded tightly to make himself a tower to enter a narrow place, while Cera's legs are close to his belly and full torso, thus she has less maneuverability and can't squeeze her body into a thinner shape like Little Foot.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That actually makes sense but if my memory doesn't fail me, they actually show in some scenes Cera struggling to get into logs and stuff because her middle doesn't easily fit in, indicating she's a bit chubbier than Littlefoot.  :p

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign,Apr 17 2017 on  02:12 PM
That actually makes sense but if my memory doesn't fail me, they actually show in some scenes Cera struggling to get into logs and stuff because her middle doesn't easily fit in, indicating she's a bit chubbier than Littlefoot.  :p
Haha! Well Cera throws around her 'weight' (pun intended) and it gets it done. Because Cera is chubby she had enough weight to help the Gang sink Sharptooth in the Original and to save Bron from the shoals of molten lava in Journey of the Brave. Not to mention all tree bridges Cera Threehorn has made to get to the objective. Don't change Cera, we love you as you are, chubby and hot tempered. :lol

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
This isn't directly related to the question of the original thread. But I couldn't find another thread specifically about LBT 5 and so I decided I might as well put it here (though I do agree with the answers given regarding Cera and the log). But anyway, I watched the film just yesterday. I mentioned in my reviews of the first three films that I'd seen them as a kid and, though I'd forgotten large chunks of them, I could still recall various scenes and snippets here and there. Meanwhile, I didn't remember anything at all about the fourth film and so I'm pretty sure I never saw that one before.

This one I had seen previously, although it wasn't familiar to me at first. It wasn't until around halfway into the film where I began to think, "Oh yeah, I remember this." But even there, the only parts I could recall were:
- The kids travelling across that rocky path to reach the island, only to later have the path get swallowed up by the ocean.
- When the plated Sharptooth first shows up, as I remembered Chomper's parents along with a third, more openly antagonistic adult Sharptooth. And then the final battle between Chomper's parents and the plated Sharptooth, before they knock him into the drink. (Although curiously, I'd forgotten about Chomper himself.)

Anyway, this was a solid sequel. It has a great plot hook with the kids trapped on a mysterious island all by themselves. I only wish it had lasted longer, to spend more time with the creepy atmosphere and having the kids scavenge for survival and avoiding various dangers. Hmm. Maybe that's something I could expand upon in a novelization of the film.

Speaking of the plated Sharptooth, I thought he was the best antagonist of the sequels up to this point. He was reminiscent of the very original Sharptooth from LBT 1. Granted, by comparison, I do feel they could've gone further with the plated Sharptooth's menace. Still, it was refreshing to have an otherwise serious villain this time around. Likewise, Chomper's parents made a welcome return.

Great Ducky line: "Yuck, yuck, yuck!"

I'm still not really digging the songs, although "Big Water" and "Always There" are two of the better ones so far. I liked that "Always There" touched upon the fact that Littlefoot misses his mother. :cry

I give this film a 7/10.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 06:01:16 AM by StardustSoldier »