The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Reveiw LBT 13 Here!

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Nov 30 2007 on  06:00 PM
If one doesn't like the current direction of the series or the silliness, then perhaps that person has "outgrown" the series.
More like the series seems to be outshrinking us :(
Our age is not the problem, the turn the land before time is taking is (I haven't seen LBT 13 so I can't say anything objective on it yet. What I have read doesn't sound encouraging; then again opinions on LBT sequels may differ).
I'd say it's 80% us outgrowing the series, and 20% the series out-shrinking us.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
I'm pretty sure that we can endure any growth or shrink, it isn't truly bad it's just different, as you can see from my listing, there's plenty of ties to the other volumes of the series

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess with the change in the feel of this movie, from what the others said who have seen it, some may not like it as much as some others.  There are some here, I think, who prefer the earlier movies to the later.   Others may prefer the later movies, or like them all equally.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Am I the only one that doesn't think that LBT 14 will be like this one?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It may be.  I'm sure something will come out eventually before the movie is released, but we won't know the details till 14 is out.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I would guess roughly around this time next year, give or take a month or so.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, I finally watched it and I'll post a review later when I have more time (it's late over here).

Here is one thing that caught my eye though in the credits:
"Supervising Director: Charles Grosvenor.
Directed by Jamie Mitchell"

Looks like the LBT series is in the process of changing directors *yet again*... -_-  :rolleyes:

My quick review:
Not impressed.  I feel like I need to watch a 'real' LBT movie after seeing that (turns on LBT 2).  I'll probably watch it again at a later date, just to confirm my feelings for this movie but after one viewing, I can't say I was all that happy with it.

Bottom line: if you're a fan of classic LBT (moreso than the newer films), this probably won't appeal very much.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If the trend does continue like this I guess one could call this maybe the start of LBT movies season or type 2, where they are mainly comedies.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
If what was in LBT 13 doesn't become regular, then'll I'll be happy. I say that I enjoyed it very much. It was a nice for a brief change of pace.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Here is my unaltered review

SPOILER!SPOILER!SPOILER!SPOILER!SPOILER!SPOILER!SPOILER!SPOILER!SPOILER!

The thirteenth sequel was not totally up to my expectations.  It had a different “feel” than the other sequels.  The “yellow belly” creatures were a bit much.  The beginning song was okay.  I’d give it  a 6/10 score.  The end song was pretty good.  I’d give it an 8.5/10.  The funny level was mild at best, making me laugh 2 times in the entire film.  This is not a trend I wish Universal to repeat.  The animation is better than in other sequels, but it has a rushed look to it.  I did not like Loofa’s voice at all.  It reminded me of a show I saw that was pretty lame.  This was the first time we’ve ever seen a sharptooth use conductive reasoning by fallowing the “foot holes”.  The adaptations or “wisdoms” that the yellow bellies had didn’t have much thought put into it and to be honest, it seemed like it was targeted at a much younger audience (like 3 years younger than LBT 12 was).  The grass animation is something we’ve never seen before.  It was done rather nicely.  There were too many “Oh S***!” instances included in the film for my taste.  Cera’s behavior in this sequel was moderately over-exaggerated.  The film seriously lacked substance.  I wouldn’t rate it as low as a tv episode, but it was not very good.  I think it’s my second least favorite sequel, LBT 6 being my worst.  The middle song sort of made me sick to be honest.  One good thing though is that the gang wasn’t acting this way until they interacted with the yellow bellies, which makes me believe that the lack of seriousness and substance is mostly to blame on the odd creatures and not the way that the gang is developing (which is more than I can say for the tv series).  Overall, it wasn’t very good, but it was entertaining nonetheless and therefore it was worth the hefty $23.99 I had to pay for it.  I do hope Universal plans better next time though and puts more effort into the storyline in future sequels.  I give this entire movie a 7.2/10, while I give LBT 6 a 6.5/10.  They’re not very far apart in my book.  So far, I have watched each sequel at least a hundred times (several hundreds on the older ones), but I think this sequel will be lucky if I watch it more than 20 times in it’s lifetime.  I don’t think I’ll be able to use any clips in here for a music vid because the thing lacked substance and meaningful emotion so much.  Final note to Universal:

Next time, don’t spend all the time with the animation…get a decent story first!  You don’t frost the cake before you bake it!

Oh, and I'm crossing my fingers that it was the yellow bellies that made the sequel the way it was, not the development of the main characters.  Perhaps I'm being too hard on the sequel, but it's not what I expected at all.  I might change my mind after watching it again.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
True, if they continue with 13 some may not mind, but many folks will be very upset.  Most folks dislike change and it'll be a pretty huge change in the series.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
I truly prefer this far above 11, 6, and 7, I'd probably put it in my top 10, it wasn't horrible, and yes, while Cuba Gooding Jr. is a great comedian, and a great actor (IMO) I think his voice doesn't quite fit his part, it's too high pitched... however I laughed more than twice :p but it may be that I enjoy goofy humor, I mean the overall ditziness made for good comedy to me :p

and Action, when'll you have the songs up?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Pokeplayer984 has the new movie songs with video at:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=pokeplayer984&p=r
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=pokeplayer984&p=r

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think Tails_155 is talking about the songs sans the video, meaning simple MP3s.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Hi guys I just watched LBT 13 well... 3 times already since I got it yesturday lol. I love the songs and can't get them out of my head specail 'Say so' and 'Yellow Belly Dance'  :lol

I find it cool and enjoyable one of the best yet. I have to say that they did one little error when you see Petrie at the start, he seem to be almost one colour but other then that it was great and I loved the part Cera got picked up, that was really funny and my sister loved the part when Cera yelled and the yellow bellys all duck their heads into the sand.

Overall I give it a 9/10

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Are any of these reviews really surprising after seeing the tv show?

(meant to be part sarcasm, part rhetorical)

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I actually loved this movie it was nice to have a change of pace of the others tickling a sharptooth (LBT 11 and 12) :P:  This was actually one of my favorites from the LBT series. Maybe I'm into the comedy movies and that's one of the reasons I liked it. I'm a pretty easy going critic when it comes to movies. Out of 10 stars with 10 being the best I would say I give this 8/10 stars. Not, bad not great but really really good. I especially liked Cera's Quote.

Quote from: Cera on  
Here's some wisdom for  you Littlefoot. NEVER wake me up again.

:lol:  :lol:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Are any of these reviews really surprising after seeing the tv show?

Yes, I think that's why so many love this movie.  It's not as childish as a tv episode and that's all we've had recently. :rolleyes: I'm not saying it was horrible, but a better storyline would've been nice.